Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THEME FOR A WEB SERIES  (Read 13896 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THEME FOR A WEB SERIES
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2011, 07:38:05 PM »

I must say I burst out laughing when I saw that sign.  That sort of thing doesn't happen to me.  LOL

Congratulations! -Did they give you an extra mint for your pillow too? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »

!!!!!!!PAGE SEVEN!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!DANCE!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2011, 07:46:01 PM »

Wow, Marion was an incredible woman!

she really was -  she is going to leave a big hole in a lot of hearts
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »

I received my Space Children/Colossus of New York cd today and will listen to it soon.....the liner notes are not enjoyable the way the Kritzerland Notes are.......  Not that they are not complete and informative.....but they seem to have no point of view....it's like reading the Wikipedia Page for the movies.

But those are the kind of notes that the FANactics crave.  You'd be shocked how many times people have ragged on my notes, but I will never ever change the way I write them because point of view is everything.  I don't ever need to do a track by track analysis where someone tells you what you're listening to - "The floaty flutes enter on bar two, and on bar six there is an ostinato in the double basses while the tuba makes itself known."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »

I am quite enamored with The Arch.  It is beautiful and I can't believe I was inside of it. Its look changes everytime the light hits it differently

I've driven past The Arch three times. Hopefully, the next time I won't just drive by it.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2011, 07:53:07 PM »

In honor of your birthday I had a nice day.  First I splurged on hot chocolate while Keith & Penny enjoyed their coffee.  The four of us, Sherlock included of course, went for a short hike.  Penny then continued down I-5 to spend the night with her nephew.  After dropping Sherlock off back home I had an exceptionally good work out at the gym.

DR Jane - It sounds like you had a very nice day today. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2011, 07:55:19 PM »

I've booked my DC trip for Oct 3-5; nothing available next week. Them's the breaks.

Oh, darn! I'll just miss you. Maybe. -I may be heading back up to NYC on October 3 - we close on the 2nd. However...

What wasn't available next week? Amtrak? Hotels? "Personal Companions"? ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »

Yesterday, I wrote:

The best moment was the supporting actress in a comedy series presentation!  That was hysterical! ;D

I meant lead actress presentation.

Brain fart...yet again. ::)

But the clip is still hysterical! ;)

Thanks for posting that clip, DR George. -And I also noticed that it was posted by a Fellow Fiipino. -Or would that be "Pellow Pilipino"? ;)

Were there any other "must-see" moments from last night's ceremony?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »

I'm back from a really long day.  I of course did the four-mile jog, then had to skeedaddle to see the reading of Sleepless in Seattle.  I'm not going to write about it in the notes, but I can say here in the privacy of our discussion board that it was really not good.  These people think if they can get a "branded" title that they're home free.  Well, no, that's not the way it works and I'm not sure how many flops have to happen before these writers along with the film studios stop shoving these movie adaptations down our collective throats.  The songs were boring as can be, all in the Jason Robert Brown or classic Broadway style but without any uniqueness - and some of the shoddiest lyrics I've ever heard, filled with near rhymes and banal thoughts.  When Barry Pearl gets the only laughs in the show (he's great - but it tells you something that he's basically got five minutes of stage time - and his laughs are directly out of the film) you know you're in trouble.  The first act ran under forty minutes and seemed like ninety.  The second act ran about thirty-five minutes. 

Some good folks in the cast - Brandi Burkhardt was Meg Ryan, Marissa Jaret Winokur was Rosie O'Donnell, Robert Torti was Tom Hanks (and seemed too old), and my pals Jane Noseworthy and Rebecca Johnson were in it.  My old friend Joel Zwick directed it, and he did a very good job - no staging at all, but he kept the pace up.  I would be shocked if this went any further, although the usual cheerleaders were there whooping it up as much as they could.  However, I know how these things work, and if someone is putting up more than half the dough then the Pasadena Playhouse will produce it.  I've truly had it with these movie adaptations, and when people point out that many classic Broadway shows came from movies, I just point out that it wasn't about "branding (Lord, how I hate that word) - the classic musicals never used the name of the film.  Anna and the King of Siam became The King and I (and one could argue it was based on the book and not the film), Liliom became Carousel (one could argue it was the play and not the film), same with Green Grow The Lilacs (Oklahoma!), and on and on.  You don't really see adaptations of movies that kept their real title until stuff like The Goodbye Girl and that era.  Needless to say, Promises, Promises was not called The Apartment - today, however, it would be.  Off to the couch to sit like so much fish.  I had a bacon cheeseburger for dinner - first food eaten all day - at six-thirty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2011, 08:00:42 PM »

I also spent several hours in the editing room fine tuning two episodes and watching the rough cut of a third - very few changes needed there - it's really well cut and really funny.  All I'll do probably, is shorten the set-up scene by a couple of lines and fix a few cut-away shots.  The musical number looks great and we'll probably only make a couple of swap-outs of shots in that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »

It was called Levee Mercantile.  They don't make it themselves, at least I don't think they do. The toffee sats manufactured by chocolate chocolate chocolate co. St Louis.  It's toffee. I don't know that it's really the best ever, but it tasted that way today

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2011, 08:02:12 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day:

"The Music Lovers"
"Mahler"
"Valentino"
"Savage Messiah"
"Lisztomania"
;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »

I am a bit concerned.  I can't find my checkbook.  Now, I may have left it in the car when I moved the stuff in my purse to my back pack, but I really don't think so.  It isn't in my purse, it isn't in the room, it hasn't been turned in at the desk or the restaurant....so....either I lost it at the arch or it's in the car.   Since I was pulling my camera in and out of my purse, I could have dropped it.

Anyway, I emailed my bank and explained.  I wanted to check online to see if anything has been spent but I can't remember my user ID. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2011, 08:05:08 PM »

~~~~~FOUND CHECKBOOK VIBES TO DR CILLALIZ~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »

Oh...

Otherwise...

"Chaplin"
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »

THanks Jose, there isn't much I can do about it until tomorrow.  I"m not happy about it, but I have to focus on what I came her for

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2011, 08:08:37 PM »

While I was at the desk asking about the checkbook, I asked them if I could have the sign and they said yes.  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »

Better get to work.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2011, 08:16:50 PM »

I received my Space Children/Colossus of New York cd today and will listen to it soon.....the liner notes are not enjoyable the way the Kritzerland Notes are.......  Not that they are not complete and informative.....but they seem to have no point of view....it's like reading the Wikipedia Page for the movies.

But those are the kind of notes that the FANactics crave.  You'd be shocked how many times people have ragged on my notes, but I will never ever change the way I write them because point of view is everything.  I don't ever need to do a track by track analysis where someone tells you what you're listening to - "The floaty flutes enter on bar two, and on bar six there is an ostinato in the double basses while the tuba makes itself known."
Thank you. I miss the liner notes from the George B. Dales of yesteryear with their plot summaries and a jot or tittle of commentary, but I love reading the notes of someone who has thought about the show and knows how to express it. Peter Filichia describing the times he saw "Prettybelle"; your take on the London "Camelot," among so many others. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »

You don't really see adaptations of movies that kept their real title until stuff like The Goodbye Girl and that era.  Needless to say, Promises, Promises was not called The Apartment - today, however, it would be.  Off to the couch to sit like so much fish.  I had a bacon cheeseburger for dinner - first food eaten all day - at six-thirty.

And Sugar is often produced as Some Like It Hot these days for that reason. Ugh.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2011, 08:33:46 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2011, 08:35:42 PM »

The Best Actress in a comedy bit was definitely one of the highlights of the Emmys. I'm surprised that so many people had to watch it here. I would have thought that most people here would have at least recorded the Emmys.

Jennifer

« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »

Vibes for DR Cillaliz. Hope you find your checkbook.

So who do you like so far on DWTS?

I haven't picked my favorite yet. But do not like the new pros (although the best one was Maks' brother).

I don't know why they have to get new pros when they are not using the ones they have (who people know and like). I think the new pros will be the first ones to go.

I really liked Maks and Hope Solo.

I think Kristin/Mark and David/Kym have a lot of potential.

I thought Carson and Anna were a hoot.

I thought Ricki was pretty good. I love Derek but not sure if i will root for them.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »

~~~~~FOUND CHECKBOOK VIBES TO DR CILLALIZ~~~~~

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »

I hope you find your checkbook, Cillaliz!
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »

Thanks for the vibes.  You know, when I was loading my backpack in the back of my car at the airport I remember wondering if I really needed my personal checkbook.  I thought I decided to throw it in, but I'm hoping that I left it in the car.  It's possible since this is a business trip and I could use my credit cards or business checks.  I'm just going to have to forget about it for now.  I emailed the bank and will deal with it tomorrow

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »

I am now prepared to make my argument.  I have to be at the courthouse at 8:30 and it's about 6-8 city blocks away, so I'll leave here at 8:00 just to be sure I make it before the deadline.   I have to laugh.  The idea of this sort of argument used to turn me inside out and upside down and all sorts of nervous.  Now I do touristy things, possibly lose my check book and I'm still not nervous, lol. It's amazing what experience does for you

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »

Night all.

Laura

« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »

Break a leg tomorrow, Cillaliz. Or whatever one says to a lawyer.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up