Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOVIES INTO MUSICALS  (Read 18103 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: MOVIES INTO MUSICALS
« Reply #210 on: September 21, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »

Seriously it was fun.  The attitude is really great, everyone just wants to play and enjoy music.  I realized it's been 30 years since I was actively a flute performance major.  Several of the members said "Don't worry, it will all come back"  Everyone is supportive.  The first chair flute is a very young band director at a local school.  She said she's only first chair because no one else wanted it.  Now that's the attitude I need.  We have a lot of music and our first concert is October 23.  I'm going to be practicing a lot between now and next Wednesday.  Tonight i did way too much watching the notes go by

Cillaliz, it sounds like a lot of fun!  Hope you enjoy the whole experience!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #211 on: September 21, 2011, 09:48:05 PM »

I don't have a problem with turning a movie into a musical.  Loved HAIRSPRAY, loved LEGALLY BLONDE...I'm sure there are others.  I think it's worse to try to turn a musical into a movie..like Mama Mia,

...or "The Producers." ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2011, 11:01:35 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR Laura

George

« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »

Well, I need to get to sleep...I don't think that I got more than four hours last night. :P

Good night, all. :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up