Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DECISIONS, DECISIONS  (Read 14992 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »

I think it's time for a
Page Two Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »

DS Craig could use some mega travel vibes.  He attempted to check in on-line and it said he has to take the same flights tomorrow as he will miss his connection in San Francisco.  He just left for the airport.  If he can't get on the flight to SF he is screwed.  If he can get to SF there are multiple options to get him to his destination. 

We are shocked.  When Bryan's flight in SF was canceled simply put him on another flight out of SF which is what they normally do. 

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »

TOD:

Shangri-La in LOST HORIZONS
Sweet Haven in POPEYE
The Ink and Paint Club in ROGER RABBIT (but definately not Toon Town...)
The movie world of "The Purple Rose Of Cairo" in THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »

*  *  *  *  *  TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR JANE'S DS CRAIG  *  *  *  *  *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 10:31:01 AM »

My faith in technology was greatly improved yesterday.  When visiting my mom at the rehab center yesterday, I dropped my iPhone into a puddle of water in the parking lot.  It was submerged!  I promptly picked it up and wrapped it in my handkerchief.  Then I did the one thing you are not supposed to do with a wet iPhone--I turned it on.  But wonder of wonders, it still worked!  However, I noticed that the sound coming out of the phone speaker was very low and the camera lens was wet on the inside which resulted in fuzzy images. 

I did a quick web search and found what to do next.  On the way home I stopped at the super market and bought a bag of rice.  When I got home, I shoved my phone into the rice and sealed it closed and left it there over night.  This morning the phone and camera were both fine.  I'll repeat this treatment for a few days.

I just hope it continues to work until the iPhone 5 comes out...
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »

Travel vibes for Craig!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jane

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »

*  *  *  *  *  TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR JANE'S DS CRAIG  *  *  *  *  *

Thanks.  So far they worked.  He was able to check in without any problems.  His flight is a few minutes late but he could still make the connection.  He would prefer missing it and then getting put on the red eye to Connecticut.  At this point he is just happy to be flying to SF.

Jane

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 10:52:15 AM »

I just hope it continues to work until the iPhone 5 comes out...

Phone Vibes!!!  I'm glad the rice worked.

Jane

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »

Thanks Jennifer.  He still has a very long day & night ahead of him.  Hopefully he can get some sleep in the airport.

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2011, 11:09:32 AM »

Still hot here in Istanbul. We had a few raindrops last night but the thunderstorm forecast for today didn't arrive, in fact it's been mainly sunny. Visited the magnificent Ayasofya, previously a mosque but now a museum, as well as the Blue Mosque. Rode on the vintage tram which runs along the main shopping street, Istiki Al Cad. Plus, of course, lots of eating and drinking is going on!

I hope you will share photos, DR Doug R! I have always thought Istanbul would be a magnificent place to visit!

Jane

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »

From DR John G:
I leave for Albany in the morning for a few days' residency at school. Hope to get started on the book in earnest.

Wishing you safe & easy travels & a productive residency.  What is the name of the school?

Jane

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2011, 11:11:08 AM »

DR Cilla great news the group was friendly & welcoming last night!

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2011, 11:11:48 AM »

TOD:

TARZAN IN FAIRYLAND

Jane

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2011, 11:14:56 AM »

From DR George:
Thanks Jack and Ginny!  I survived ASTD.  It was actually pretty fun.  The keynote speaker was Garth Stein, who wrote (among others) "The Art of Racing In the Rain," a novel told from the point of view of a dog.  Not really spoilers here but he dies at the beginning of the book and I think it's about him telling about his life with his owners and something about dog reincarnation.  I bought a copy, but I missed getting his autograph.  Oh, well.  It does sound like a very good book, so I think I'll read it anyway.

Was he interesting?  I fought against reading this book & when I finally did was surprised I enjoyed it. 

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2011, 11:15:31 AM »

And speaking of Tarzan, at the gym yesterday, after my workout, I went into the steam room followed by the tall, buff and completely nekkid young Fireman guy who also goes to my gym.

Before long there were about a half dozen other guys in the steamroom....which is about a half dozen more then normal.

After buff Fireman guy left, so did the others. Coincidence? I think not.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »

Still hot here in Istanbul. We had a few raindrops last night but the thunderstorm forecast for today didn't arrive, in fact it's been mainly sunny. Visited the magnificent Ayasofya, previously a mosque but now a museum, as well as the Blue Mosque. Rode on the vintage tram which runs along the main shopping street, Istiki Al Cad. Plus, of course, lots of eating and drinking is going on!

Sounds lovely!!!

Jane

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:32 AM »

And speaking of Tarzan, at the gym yesterday, after my workout, I went into the steam room followed by the tall, buff and completely nekkid young Fireman guy who also goes to my gym.

Before long there were about a half dozen other guys in the steamroom....which is about a half dozen more then normal.

LOL!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:43 AM »

TOD:

TARZAN IN FAIRYLAND

Just when I think you can go no lower, you never fail to amaze me!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2011, 11:20:55 AM »

the weird coincidence would be if they all left when you did!

I love you, Mikey!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2011, 11:21:22 AM »

Doug, I never have a prob doing an 80s or 90s score if it's something that I personally like and that I think will do well.  However, there are only a handful of 80s and 90s scores that I like and we've already done several of them, so no danger there.  Mostly it will be sixties and seventies for the next dozen releases, with a couple of 50s things.

td

• td
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »

Sounds lovely!!!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:02 AM »

I got up just in time for arrival of CDs - everything's been shipped now and I have to jog.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:11 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »

Sounds lovely!!!

Lovely...frighteningly lovely!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2011, 11:32:29 AM »

DGD Yogi has been very good since Craig left, now that Keith just left Yogi has begun to whine. 

George

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »

DS Craig could use some mega travel vibes.  He attempted to check in on-line and it said he has to take the same flights tomorrow as he will miss his connection in San Francisco.  He just left for the airport.  If he can't get on the flight to SF he is screwed.  If he can get to SF there are multiple options to get him to his destination. 

We are shocked.  When Bryan's flight in SF was canceled simply put him on another flight out of SF which is what they normally do. 

~~~Travel Vibes for DS Craig!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »

From DR George:
Thanks Jack and Ginny!  I survived ASTD.  It was actually pretty fun.  The keynote speaker was Garth Stein, who wrote (among others) "The Art of Racing In the Rain," a novel told from the point of view of a dog.  Not really spoilers here but he dies at the beginning of the book and I think it's about him telling about his life with his owners and something about dog reincarnation.  I bought a copy, but I missed getting his autograph.  Oh, well.  It does sound like a very good book, so I think I'll read it anyway.

Was he interesting?  I fought against reading this book & when I finally did was surprised I enjoyed it. 

He was interesting and funny and thoughtful...and quite attractive. ;) Although, I didn't get to see him up close.

Jane

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »

Last night we watched UNFORGETTABLE and, while not thrilled, have decided to give it another try.  Keith was very bothered by the use of "third person" to do the flashbacks.  I agree there are many other possibilities which would have worked better.

We also watched the delightful NEW GIRL.  Keith may have enjoyed it more than I did. :)

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 12:05:46 PM »

the only new show I have watched so far this season is 2 BROKE GIRLS, which I enjoyed. I plan on watching PAN AM when it airs.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up