Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WAXY FACES  (Read 14438 times)

Cillaliz

Re: WAXY FACES
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2011, 02:42:55 PM »

heck,

PAINFREE VIBES TO ALL~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »

And with that page 5

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2011, 02:43:56 PM »

Today I decided since this is a fed holiday but not a state holiday that we would work 1/2 a day since we do 1/2 state and 1/2 fed, lol

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2011, 02:50:10 PM »

I haven't been all that crazy about all the jumping on the MAD MEN bandwagon, but this has me interested: 

Cheyenne Jackson and New York Pops Will Celebrate "Mad Men" Era at Carnegie Hall

I hope there is a recording in the works.

Good for Cheyenne! I really think Reineke sucks as a conductor: very unsympathetic to vocalists with too fast tempos. I think he's more concerned with getting through the piece and turning around for the applause and too long a schmooze with the audience. Bring back Arthur Fiedler!
Maybe for a Halloween concert. Might be a bit messy otherwise, unless you have a gift for reanimation.

I have an appreciation for a good pops orchestra conductor and Fiedler was maybe the best ever. Mt Reineke is not in the same ballpark.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2011, 02:51:27 PM »

Today I decided since this is a fed holiday but not a state holiday that we would work 1/2 a day since we do 1/2 state and 1/2 fed, lol

Seems logical to me!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »

Just found out something more than a little irritating - just before we sent in the print for the Nudie CD I found that we'd left off the final track on the inlay card, the instrumental to I Don't Have To Hide Anymore.  Whew.  So, the Kritzerland designer did the new version and I approved it.  Today, the plant calls and says there's 26 tracks on the CD (correct) and 25 on the inlay.  So, I called the designer and as it transpires he never actually sent the corrected version to the printer.  Unbelievable.  It's not a horrible mistake, just annoying as I'd caught the problem and had it fixed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2011, 02:53:51 PM »

I'm getting quotes from two camera rental places so I'm ready for the camera guy when he comes over.  We'll see what info he has.  I still haven't heard back from the backup and can't really do anything until I know he can be on board and that he can get all the gear we need.

FJL

« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »

I wish I were frolicking. I'm working on an extra credit still the same "soundtrack of my life". You wouldn't think this would be hard!
Would you rather "frolic"  or "gambol"?

Shameless "frolic" plug -

Have I foisted my deep philosophical novelty song FROLIC LIKE ELI WALLACH on the folks here?  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONC6oE_v9b4

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »

PAINFREE VIBES TO DR JANE~~~~~

Thanks. 

Jane

« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2011, 03:13:02 PM »

heck,

PAINFREE VIBES TO ALL~~~~

;D  and DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »

After pricing machines & asking what was in stock I found the best prices at Best Buy.  I was told the Maytags I was interested in were at the warehouse.  After my doctor's appointment, which is conveniently located near BB, I stopped in to order the Maytags.  What the woman last night, not the appliance sales woman, neglected to mention is that the warehouse is in Portland which is close to 4 1/2 hours away ::) 

I contemplated purchasing the machines on the floor but decided there were too many major scratches in the front of the dryer.  Looking at my 9 year old machines, which have only a couple of small scratches, I'm glad I purchase the scratched ones.

I've got clothes in the washer & will hang them to dry. We have enough towels to last until next week.  Craig has already been washing clothes & has more to do.  I think we can avoid the laundry mat until the 19th when the new washer & dryer will be delivered.

Michael

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »

TOD: I was never much of a 'Star Wars" fan or a fan of too much science fiction with special effects I did see as being all that special. I thought back then that "Metropolis" had better special effects IMHO and it was made decades earlier. I saw the first three films, which are now the second three films, and i had no desire to see the others.

I did like that Star Wars TV special where Bea Arthur sang some Kurt Weill-type song with a Wookie or whatever it was.

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXKySxPFCI

I thought that that was actually a good song.  Has anyone heard of it before?  Was it written for the Star Wars special or is it from an existing show?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Can you imagine the young minds it dented and warped? Like mine?

I rather enjoyed the song.
The instrumental breaks are definitely John Williams' Catina Band Themes from Star Wars IV. I also detected some lyrics married to this music. But not sure if all the music is used.

It also has a klezmatic feel to it especially as she gets everyone finally to leave the bar

The lyrics were by Ken and Mitzie Welch (best know for the work on the Carol Burnett show)
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »

To our Canadian DR's

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2011, 03:44:52 PM »

Congrats on making the decision, Jane.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »

Thanks Cilla.  Sears was more expensive & had to ship them.  Had I purchased these last week when they caught my eye I would have had the news ones this week.  I'm going to have a ton of laundry to do next week. ;D

Michael

« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2011, 03:54:01 PM »

I bought yesterday a legitmate copy of the musical LOST HORIZON. It is the complete roadshow version including the infamous "musclemen ring-around-rosie dance". Also original featurettes. I wonder if it includes the Burt Bacharach special filmed on the monastery set.

Although it was a Columbia Pictures (Now Sony) production (with Ross Hunter) it is being released by Warner Brothers archive.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this.
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »

BK - Speaking of DRAT THE CAT, do you know Ira Levin's son Nicholas Levin?   A very talented composer.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2011, 04:11:30 PM »

TOD: I was never much of a 'Star Wars" fan or a fan of too much science fiction with special effects I did see as being all that special. I thought back then that "Metropolis" had better special effects IMHO and it was made decades earlier. I saw the first three films, which are now the second three films, and i had no desire to see the others.

I did like that Star Wars TV special where Bea Arthur sang some Kurt Weill-type song with a Wookie or whatever it was.

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXKySxPFCI

I thought that that was actually a good song.  Has anyone heard of it before?  Was it written for the Star Wars special or is it from an existing show?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Can you imagine the young minds it dented and warped? Like mine?

I rather enjoyed the song.
The instrumental breaks are definitely John Williams' Catina Band Themes from Star Wars IV. I also detected some lyrics married to this music. But not sure if all the music is used.

It also has a klezmatic feel to it especially as she gets everyone finally to leave the bar

The lyrics were by Ken and Mitzie Welch (best know for the work on the Carol Burnett show)

Thanks for the info, Michael!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »

I vote we all chip in and buying Mikey a GPS for Christmas before we lose him forever

Yes, but Mikey failed to mention that he stopped at three nursing homes to ask directions.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2011, 04:48:11 PM »

Cilla, my condolences on the passing of your former boss.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2011, 04:52:22 PM »

Saw the doctor this morning for my annual cholesterol check which was fine. It was all right last year (although perhaps on the borderline) but this year it was considerably lower. My doctor was really impressed! I said I had made an effort to eat less fatty food, such as pastries, cheese and butter. But I told him I hadn't cut out egg and bacon for breakfast!

Congrats on the good news, DR Doug R!

I had my twice-a-year bloodwork done on Saturday.  Usually, I would have to wait until I visit my G.P. to get the results, but now I will get it delivered to me firsthand on an iPhone app named--wait for it--Gazelle!

Health vibes to Dan (the Man)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »

DR Jose, just watched the video of the Stage Door Duet...oh my gosh, that was so wonderful! The little girl is adorable, and what a fantastic memory for her to have! I see a show biz future for her!

Mike, you know there was an actor singer hunk in that video, as well.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2011, 05:02:38 PM »

Am meeting BK at Mo's at noon, which is only about 2 miles away. It should take me about 45 minutes to get there, so I had best be thinking about leaving soon.  :D

;D ;D ;D
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2011, 05:03:10 PM »

I had my twice-a-year bloodwork done on Saturday.  Usually, I would have to wait until I visit my G.P. to get the results, but now I will get it delivered to me firsthand on an iPhone app named--wait for it--Gazelle!

That's pretty nifty.  I wish I could get them via email.

Good luck all is well!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »

I vote we all chip in and buying Mikey a GPS for Christmas before we lose him forever

I vote we don't!

I am back from auditions, but the turnout was poor. We did see several wonderfulperformers and we can fill at least tw of the three spots. Hugh Jackman was rehearsng across the hall from us.

Is Hugh Jackman getting ready to do another Broadway musical?
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »

I vote we don't!

I am back from auditions, but the turnout was poor. We did see several wonderfulperformers and we can fill at least tw of the three spots. Hugh Jackman was rehearsng across the hall from us.

Is Hugh Jackman getting ready to do another Broadway musical?

He's basically doing a one-man cabaret act, but on Broadway.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »

DR John G what did you & your book group think of "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet"?  I'll be discussing it with my group tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »

Shayne, no, it's not released by Warners - they now sell Columbia titles - it's most definitely issued by Columbia.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2011, 05:09:23 PM »

Just had a very nice meeting with the camera person, who is a whole different kettle of fish in person.  Very nice, professional, and he's dealing with the equipment rental and got a very good deal - so, I have my comfort zone back now.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2011, 05:12:56 PM »

I haven't been all that crazy about all the jumping on the MAD MEN bandwagon, but this has me interested: 

Cheyenne Jackson and New York Pops Will Celebrate "Mad Men" Era at Carnegie Hall

I hope there is a recording in the works.

Good for Cheyenne! I really think Reineke sucks as a conductor: very unsympathetic to vocalists with too fast tempos. I think he's more concerned with getting through the piece and turning around for the applause and too long a schmooze with the audience. Bring back Arthur Fiedler!

I don't think he would look very good.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up