Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CUT. PRINT. OVER THERE.  (Read 12145 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re: CUT. PRINT. OVER THERE.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »

but good lord "big little pussycat eyes" and "that is where the truth always lies."  Come on!

You'd prefer:

"big little pussycat eyes" ..."looking languidly at my plate of french fries"

der Brucer

Yes, I'll keep the day job

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »

Thank you DR"s Cilla & Vixmom & George.

Jane

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 08:59:38 AM »

From Vixmom:
All this time I thought Jane and JMK were vegans and it turns out they really are insectivores!!

;D

Cute Halloween kitten. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »

So much for sleeping in - woke up at eight, tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2011, 09:00:52 AM »

Shayne - excellent casting for Writer's Block.  I, too, would love to see it filmed.

Jane

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2011, 09:07:30 AM »

From DR George:

Tomorrow, we're going to drive around town and see what there is to see in this liitle Oregon town.  And that's the whole plan.  Who knows what we'll do on Sunday

Your aren't too far from beautiful Bandon.  I also recommend Shore Acres http://www.shoreacres.net/.

Bandon

Michael

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 09:22:38 AM »

Shayne - excellent casting for Writer's Block.  I, too, would love to see it filmed.

Thanks!
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »

So much for sleeping in - woke up at eight, tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't.

For me, sleeping until 5 a.m. is "sleeping in."
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »

A wonderful personal review of Nudie Musical has appeared on Facebook - for those who don't partake of Facebook, here's the direct link:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/kev-j-boycik/blu-ray-review-the-first-nudie-musical/10150422039935730

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 10:05:19 AM »

[size=8]VOILA![/size]

A milestone post that I will leave here in hopes that someone will preserve it for posterity!

At your commnd:

der Brucer

Merci beaucoup, DR der Brucer!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 10:20:42 AM »

We have had a delightful last day in Paris - several hours at Musee Rodin, a walk through Les Invalides, and shopping on Rue Cler.  Parfait!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 10:25:11 AM »

DR Ginny, no trips to the theatre or Moulin Rouge or Maxim's or Folies Bergere?

I'm glad you've had a good stay, but your vie parisienne would disappoint Gardefeu and Bobinet!

No, DR Elmore, we didn't even get to see CABARET at Theatre Marigny.  Gardefeu and Bobinet will just have to get over it.

At the Rodin Museum today we learned that his critics lamented the lack of arms on one of his sculptures and he said they should appreciate what's there instead of regretting what's not.  I decided that's how I'd view this visit to Paris - appreciate all the places we visited and look forward to the next time for those we didn't.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »

This pisses me off! This phone number just called me on my cell phone: 406-219-2301. When I answered an automated vice told me I had problems with my credit card, and to speak to someone, press one. So I did and told the ass on the other end that I had no credit card at all, not with his stinking company or any other and to remove my number from their calling lists.

I wonder if there will be any feedback. I hope the jerks turn tail and run.

Nice review, BK!

I'm off to Toyland on an emergency run.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:39:02 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »

Received several exciting packages today. The new recording of Tiomkin's FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE on the Prometheus label and a couple of DVDs, the films of which I've never seen and I thought I'd better catch up with them: Charlton Heston's ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA and SINCE YOU WENT AWAY - although annoyingly, this UK version doesn't contain the intermission. Both films ahve lengthy running times, so it will take me ages to get through them!

Kerry

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2011, 11:03:16 AM »

It's a lovely Saturdya; it is; it is.
I like boat races.

Doug R

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »

This pisses me off! This phone number just called me on my cell phone: 406-219-2301. When I answered an automated vice told me I had problems with my credit card,

On the subject of credit cards I ordered a new TV online yesterday but the supplier later contacted me to say they couldn't obtain authorisation from the card issuing company. I phoned my bank and they said they had automatically blocked my card due to the high amount. After I confirmed that it was an authorised purchase by me, they unblocked the card. I don't know why they can't ask me in the first place whether I had purchased the item instead of instantly assuming possible fraud and making me go through hoops to get the card unblocked and get the supplier to re-process the order.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2011, 11:15:15 AM »

[size=8]VOILA![/size]

A milestone post that I will leave here in hopes that someone will preserve it for posterity!

Congrats on your milestone, Ginny! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »

Thank you to DRs JRand, Vixmom, FJL, and George for the congrats on my milestone!

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »

We had thought about going to Versailles today, but decided to stay in Paris for our last day.  I think we'll try again to get into Musee Rodin and also go to l'Orangerie.  And maybe shop a bit and get packed to head to Nuremberg tomorrow morning.

And with that...

You seem to have seen everything in Paris DR Ginny. Travel vibes for your journey to Nuremburg.

Thank you, DR Doug R!  We will see much of the same territory from our eastbound train tomorrow that we will see from our westbound cruise all next week.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2011, 11:30:46 AM »

I believe it may be snowing in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »

It's snowing in Phoenix!!!

No, wait. That's Lake Oswego, Oregon.

Laura

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »

This pisses me off! This phone number just called me on my cell phone: 406-219-2301. When I answered an automated vice told me I had problems with my credit card,

On the subject of credit cards I ordered a new TV online yesterday but the supplier later contacted me to say they couldn't obtain authorisation from the card issuing company. I phoned my bank and they said they had automatically blocked my card due to the high amount. After I confirmed that it was an authorised purchase by me, they unblocked the card. I don't know why they can't ask me in the first place whether I had purchased the item instead of instantly assuming possible fraud and making me go through hoops to get the card unblocked and get the supplier to re-process the order.  

Well, I guess the way to look at this is that it protects you. They know that if you were the one to place the order they'd hear from you. Better to be cautious before the charge than trying to clear it up afterwards.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »

It's snowing in Phoenix!!!

No, wait. That's Lake Oswego, Oregon.

It was rather short-lived.  Like about three flakes.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's been quite a nice Fall day here in the City of New York.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2011, 01:46:20 PM »

DR Ginny - Bonne nuit.

-When I went to Australia, I ended up ditching my guide book the second day. Yes, there were lots of things I had bookmarked to see during my visit, but once I got there, I found that there was so much to see just within walking distance of my hotels. It took all the "pressure" of me to "do EVERYTHING", and it made for a much nicer and more relaxed(!) visit. I basically follow the same plan/non-plan whenever I travel somewhere new (or not new). I'll make note of a few "must-see" places, but then the left is basically left to chance and recommendations from the locals.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »

I am back from Toyland. All is well there.

I wish we had a really good Chinese restaurant in the neighborhood; the end of the Silk Road Palace was a major blow, and the second-rate place that moved into their space has now folded as well. It would be nive to have a good Mexican place close as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2011, 02:32:11 PM »

DR Elmore, I've heard there's something called "Taco Bell."

Laura

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »

Oh oh! I remembered one of my Ask BK Day Questions. Can I ask it today?

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »

Yes, DR Jose, we're pretty flexible when we travel, too.  Even today, we left here intending to do 2 museums and ended up skipping L'Orangerie in order to pay our respects to Napoleon and to shop on Rue Cler.

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2011, 02:51:53 PM »

And now I'm saying Au Revoir de Paris!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up