Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: SAY IT SOFT AND IT'S ALMOST LIKE PRAYING  (Read 43314 times)

FJL

Re: SAY IT SOFT AND IT'S ALMOST LIKE PRAYING
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »

Hugs and comfort vibes to TCB

Laura

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »

(((TCB))) I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2011, 07:23:09 PM »

I think Amber is still in training. I'm not sure what for, though. She was very well-behaved. Most folks didn't even know she was there.

Michael

« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2011, 07:24:10 PM »

I Believe I Heard A Rumor(not substantiated) That Everbody on The Haines His Way Site Is Moving To Arizona.

I heard a rumor in Anatevks

Rember Perchick with all his stange ideas?
Remember Tzeitel's wedding?
When Tevye danced with Golda
Well I just heard that
Tevye's been arrested
and Golda's gone to Kiev!!
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »

Today we saw The Spitfire Gill at the local theater. Afterwards we celebrated with ice cream because Lilah and her bunch were not there. Again. We thought the first time they may have given away their tickets, but after today, we know they did not renew. We won!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2011, 08:30:14 PM »

TCB, my deepest sympathies to you and the families of the two friends you lost.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »

The performance of Benjamin Britten's "War Requiem" by the London Symphony Orchestra was beautiful and moving. Alas, since Fall is most definitely in the air, a bunch of the quieter moments were punctuated by coughs from various members of the audience. However, people seemed to settle down after the first movement, and I actually felt that the conductor made the pauses between the movements a little longer to accommodate the coughing, the sneezing, the shuffling of programs and such.

I had studied the "War Requiem" in my college Song Literature class, and I think this is the first time I've heard it performed live. -I say "think" only because I seem to remember a performance at The Kennedy Center. Or not. ::)
Don't you just hate people? They can be so rude. I often feel the same way at concerts.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »

Tonight was a library double feature of "Jane Eyre," which I am enjoying for the most part, and "Me and Orson Welles," which was not that great. I was surprised at how Blitzstein's music was presented in the latter as being little more than fanfares for Welles' "Julius Caesar." I have a recording of that score on 78s (!) and remember enjoying how creepy it was -- maybe what was on disc was not what was used in the theater.
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2011, 08:40:39 PM »

Jason Graae's Perfect Hermany is mention on

This Week on Broadway for October 23, 2011. It happens in 14:35 into the pogram. Michael Porantiere talks about it.

http://broadwaystars.com/broadway-radio/2011/10/this-week-on-broadway-for-october-23-2011-everything-is-coming-up-daisey.shtml
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »

Well, last night, we had our second performance of "The Hound of the Baskervilles."  Our first night on Friday had seven, count 'em, SEVEN people in the audience (but they were very appreciative).  Last night (Saturday), we had about 30 people!  The place only holds about 50 or so, so that was great.  They loved it!  I'm getting much more comfortable at running the sound and have actually gotten a bit annoyed with Marko giving me the cues (Marko built all the sound cues). ;) So, so far, it's off to a good start.  Let's hope that the bigger audiences continue.  We have a matinee today, then we're dark until Friday.

Vibes all continues to go well & your audience grows in size.

Thanks, Jane.  Today, we only had about 20 people and they were fairly quiet. :-\ At least, nobody left and several people said that they really enjoyed it, but there wasn't a lot of laughing.  Oh, well...we still have six performances left.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »

George, I was actually referring to the amount we owe--I'll have to check to see what the assessed values actually are.

I did realize that...and actually, my taxes went up, but this is the third year that my valuation has gone down. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »

George, I was actually referring to the amount we owe--I'll have to check to see what the assessed values actually are.

I did realize that...and actually, my taxes went up, but this is the third year that my valuation has gone down. :P
I hear ya.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »

Well, last night, we had our second performance of "The Hound of the Baskervilles."  Our first night on Friday had seven, count 'em, SEVEN people in the audience (but they were very appreciative).  Last night (Saturday), we had about 30 people!  The place only holds about 50 or so, so that was great.  They loved it!  I'm getting much more comfortable at running the sound and have actually gotten a bit annoyed with Marko giving me the cues (Marko built all the sound cues). ;) So, so far, it's off to a good start.  Let's hope that the bigger audiences continue.  We have a matinee today, then we're dark until Friday.

Thanks, Jane.  Today, we only had about 20 people and they were fairly quiet. :-\ At least, nobody left and several people said that they really enjoyed it, but there wasn't a lot of laughing.  Oh, well...we still have six performances left.
I'm with Jane. I hope the audience grows in volume in terms of both number and appreciation.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2011, 09:05:40 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2011, 09:06:56 PM »

Baskerville sound vibes for DR GEORGE.  What other sounds are there besides the Hounds?  Or do you do the music as well.

Hounds, screams, sinking in the mud sounds, horses, whinneying, angry horses.  I hope you don't mind, BK, but I actually took the body falling down the stairs sound from Sally Mayes' song, "If" from her Comden and Green CD (produced by you).  I cut out her saying "Goodbye Joe" and when it's used, it pans from one side of the stage to the other.  It's very effective.

George

« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2011, 09:07:23 PM »

I'm with Jane. I hope the audience grows in volume in terms of both number and appreciation.

Thanks, John!

George

« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2011, 09:09:56 PM »

Is anyone watching "Once Upon A Time" at 8:00? I hope it's good.

Darn!  I forgot!  I'll have to watch it on-line or maybe it'll be available on OnDemand.

George

« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »

Today we saw The Spitfire Gill at the local theater. Afterwards we celebrated with ice cream because Lilah and her bunch were not there. Again. We thought the first time they may have given away their tickets, but after today, we know they did not renew. We won!

Congrats! ;)

So, what did you think about the show?  I love the CD and I've seen it twice.

George

« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2011, 09:26:24 PM »

We have a new member in our congregation. This is Amber, the service dog.

Very nice picture!

George

« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »

I opened the Sunday newspaper this morning to find that two very dear friends, as well as very talented theater people passed away.  The first, my friend Elly, I saw just three weeks ago at Milt's memorial service.  I had been told before I saw her that she had cancer, so I was surprised at how great she looked and acted.  She was one of the Tacoma Little Theatre legends back in the 60s.  I remember her best for her performance as Reno Sweeney in ANYTHING GOES back in 1964.  I had the chance to work with Elly and her husband, only once; and that was in THE BAKER'S WIFE.

The other death was even more shocking to me, because Mike was a very dear friend.  He apparently died back at the end of September, while on vacation in Dublin.  His body was cremated and his ashes were sprinkled on a cliff overlooking the Irish Sea.  What is shocking to me is that his wife never bothered to even send me an e-mail to tell me that Mike had died.  Mike and I went to Vegas together a couple of years ago, and I had the pleasure of introducing a very star-struck Mike to Brent Barrett after PHANTOM.

TCB, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friends.  And I'm sorry that Mike's wife never contacted you.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »

Good Evening!

Amanda McBroom's show at The Metropolitan Room was spectacular. I laughed. I cried. I cried some more. ;) And Michelle Brourman's arrangements and piano work were wonderful as well. Amanda's rendition of "The Rose" - which she wrote - had everyone taking out their handkerchiefs. And her encore. a medley in honor of Portia Nelson and Jerry Lieber was truly touching.

bk - I told Amanda and Michelle about the LACC show, and, unless something else comes up, they're going to come see me, it, us. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »

{{{{{DR TCB}}}}}
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2011, 10:00:54 PM »

And since I have to be on a bus down to DC in six and a half hours...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:59 AM »

Condolences to DR TCB for the loss of 2 theater friends.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up