Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SAY IT SOFT AND IT'S ALMOST LIKE PRAYING  (Read 43216 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: SAY IT SOFT AND IT'S ALMOST LIKE PRAYING
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 07:41:31 AM »

Aside from my church gig this morning, I am TAKING THE DAY OFF.  Do you hear me?  I REFUSE to write a review today.  (You may all thank me later).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2011, 07:42:07 AM »

OK. . .so maybe I'll write one, but I won't finish it.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 07:43:32 AM »

Re:  Chicago.  Betsy was of course a news anchor there for years, on WMAQ and WXRT, and she still has lots of friends there.  I had never really spent any time there, aside from layovers at O'Hare, so when we went to visit her parents in Wisconsin a few years ago, we actually decided to arrive in Chicago and spend some time there before journeying north.  I fell in love with the city.  I told Betsy it was like New York, only with wider streets and friendlier people (sorry to all HHW NYC denizens).

Doug R

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 08:11:11 AM »

Installed my new TV but I'm not getting a signal from my AV receiver through which my Blu-ray and DVD player are connected. The manual says high speed HDMI cables need to be connected to the TV. I have one of those which is connected to the satellite receiver and I'm getting a signal on that. I connected that cable to the AV receiver but still didn't get a signal from the Blu-ray player.  Looks like maybe I need to replace all the HDMI cables throughout the chain. What a hassle!

Doug, have you checked your receiver settings?  Mine (an Onkyo) has different input choices for where it's receiving the signal from, therefore you need to press separate buttons for Satellite, BD, DVD, etc.

That's what I thought must be the problem but I don't think so. I've now connected another Blu-ray player directly to the TV through an old HDMI and that is receiving a signal OK. I don't know why I'm not getting a signal through the AV receiver though. There was no problem with the old TV.

Michael

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 08:27:12 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were soft and prayer-like, and now it is time for you to post until the West Side Cows come home.  They love a good MOOvie MOOsical.

Funny, BK I never thought you looked Jet-ish.
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 08:30:50 AM »

Installed my new TV but I'm not getting a signal from my AV receiver through which my Blu-ray and DVD player are connected. The manual says high speed HDMI cables need to be connected to the TV. I have one of those which is connected to the satellite receiver and I'm getting a signal on that. I connected that cable to the AV receiver but still didn't get a signal from the Blu-ray player.  Looks like maybe I need to replace all the HDMI cables throughout the chain. What a hassle!

Doug, have you checked your receiver settings?  Mine (an Onkyo) has different input choices for where it's receiving the signal from, therefore you need to press separate buttons for Satellite, BD, DVD, etc.

That's what I thought must be the problem but I don't think so. I've now connected another Blu-ray player directly to the TV through an old HDMI and that is receiving a signal OK. I don't know why I'm not getting a signal through the AV receiver though. There was no problem with the old TV.

Does your new TV have more than one HDMI input?  Have you selected the correct one?

td

• td
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 08:32:10 AM »

I will spend today in the kitchen pickling beets.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Michael

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 08:47:54 AM »

A question for all the technofiles out there.

I have a Panosonic HD Flat Screen TV & A Panosonic Blu-Ray Home Theater System. My Cable box and my Blu Ray are both conneted to the TV via HDMI cables.

I have the television audio go through my home theater system and here is where I have my problem.

It does not happen on all the channels, but for me there is a visual/audio delay of about perhaps 1 second or so when the audio does not match the lip movements. (These are NOT programs filmed in another language and then dubbed into English) It is off just that slight amont that it is annoying.

I have tried in the set up with "Audio Delay" at various intervals. I tried with auomatic, 0ms & 10ms (what I currently have it at). The 10ms worked for a short time but the problem is back.

Anyone have any suggestions how to fix it?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 08:49:18 AM »

As for the Bku Ray release of West Side Story I will wait to see if they are going to be recalled.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 08:49:40 AM »

And BTW a good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 09:07:17 AM »

Good morning, or afternoon, or whatever it is.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2011, 09:12:18 AM »

Middle of page 2 ARIZONA dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdiSqt6sXE

I'm still not sure I understand the song, but it's catchy

JMK

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »

I have a Panosonic HD Flat Screen TV & A Panosonic Blu-Ray Home Theater System. My Cable box and my Blu Ray are both conneted to the TV via HDMI cables.

I have the television audio go through my home theater system and here is where I have my problem.

It does not happen on all the channels, but for me there is a visual/audio delay of about perhaps 1 second or so when the audio does not match the lip movements. (These are NOT programs filmed in another language and then dubbed into English) It is off just that slight amont that it is annoying.

I have tried in the set up with "Audio Delay" at various intervals. I tried with auomatic, 0ms & 10ms (what I currently have it at). The 10ms worked for a short time but the problem is back.

Stop watching TV.   ;D

FJL

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 09:32:45 AM »

So I just heard the expression "Bro-mos" for the first time today, apparently meaning gay people who are just friends, or gay friends of straight men.  Likely an offshoot of the word "bromance" I guess.

just thought I'd share. 

Laura

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 09:32:47 AM »

I think Kerry lives in Arizona, too.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2011, 09:37:16 AM »

Technical vibes for DR DOUG R and DR MICHAEL S.

Alas I can be of NO help.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2011, 09:44:39 AM »

Technical vibes for DR DOUG R and DR MICHAEL S.

Alas I can be of NO help.

Alas Shrugged

JMK

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »

Shrug is perhaps one of the uglier words in the English language.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »

So I just heard the expression "Bro-mos" for the first time today, apparently meaning gay people who are just friends, or gay friends of straight men.  Likely an offshoot of the word "bromance" I guess.

just thought I'd share. 
Makes me want a bromo of the seltzer variety.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 09:54:07 AM »

Arizona, why don't you go my way?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »

There is a nice original photo of WORLD PREMIERE on EBAY for only 9.99.....Frances Farmer in a black wig......I might consider buying it, if the monkey who also appeared in the picture was present.

JMK

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »

There is a nice original photo of WORLD PREMIERE on EBAY for only 9.99.....Frances Farmer in a black wig......I might consider buying it, if the monkey who also appeared in the picture was present.

Said monkey evidently wanted that wig, at least considering its behavior as Frances exits the frame in one scene.

Doug R

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »

Does your new TV have more than one HDMI input?  Have you selected the correct one?

Everything seems OK thanks DR JMK.  I think I did something stupid - like selecting the wrong input  :-[

Doug R

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2011, 10:22:56 AM »

With all the excitement today of the buyer coming for the old TV and installing the new one, with associated connection problems, I completely forgot to do the laundry. Must start now.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:27:26 AM by Doug R »

Doug R

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2011, 10:27:07 AM »

For lunch today I slow-cooked a beef joint in a closed pot with onions and carrots. Not the sort of thing I usually do so I was a bit dubious as to how it would turned out - but to was delicious.

Doug R

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2011, 10:46:38 AM »

I hate it when I'm watching a film and the sound is out of synch. the trouble is that once you become aware of it you can't concentrate on the film properly because it becomes a constant distraction. I used to find it more on DVDs and satellite TV. I've used the delay function on my AV receiver and satellite receiver in the past which sometimes worked but I haven't noticed the problem lately - maybe I've just trained myself to ignore it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2011, 10:54:57 AM »

This true DR JMK....maybe said monkey thought the wig was a relative.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2011, 11:09:49 AM »

I'm up after nine hours of sleep (I got caught up in watching the extras on WSS).  Speaking of those, there's a new looking back featurette, with all sorts of people I'd prefer never to see pontificating, such as Adam Shankman and the choreographer of Glee.  One of the things they boast of is a song specific commentary by Stephen Sondheim.  As it turns out, all they've done is excerpted stuff he says in his live interview, some of which is only tenuously about the song they assign his comments to.  That seems a little disingenuous.  What's truly amusing, for those of us who know him, is that his stories are basically word for word the same stories he tells in the previous featurette, which is also included.

The previous featurette's clips are, of course, from the previous transfer, so when watching those you can see that the new transfer is hugely a step up.  And I want to say that strongly because obviously some hard work was put into it.  But its occasional shortcomings are baffling but I don't want them to override the stuff that looks very good. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: ANOMIE!

BK-It's The Second Thing To Go And I Forget What The First Thing Is

Same Word Of The Day As Yesterday...So I'll Repeat The Same Song Of Yesterday and Very Appropriate

The Song Of The Day Is:  LOST IN A FOG

Oops, my eye went to the wrong word, which is what happens after midnight occasionally - correct word has been posted, so go to it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm taking my first break of the day.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up