Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: QUIETUDE  (Read 38049 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: QUIETUDE
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2011, 06:03:22 PM »

Page Five
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »

And here are some photos I took on our boat home last week:

MS Amalyra

Ginny, did you have an actual balcony or where you just able to open the windows for the view.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »

The "reveal" for the house Jon (jhvw) worked on in the Extreme Makeover Joplin 7 homes in 7 days is going to be on Good Morning America on Wednesday of this week.  The entire show will be on Jan 20 (tentatively).  They are only showing 1 house Wednesday morning, but I know it's the one Jon worked on so I think that's really cool

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2011, 06:11:55 PM »

Broadway Music night on Dancing with the Stars (?) - with a guest appearance by a person who is appreciated more by others than myself.

Debra Messing?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »

Is anyone else, here, familiar with the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater in Pennsylvania?  My friend Vince and his real-life girlfriend are currently playing the leads  in ME AND MY GIRL at that theater.

http://www.dutchapple.com/Content/default.asp

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »

Nope but Lancaster, PA is a pretty area to visit.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »

And here are some photos I took on our boat home last week:

MS Amalyra

Does the inside of the ship narrow?

Depends on how much you eat.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »

LOL, opps.  Does the inside of the ship seem narrow?

Jane

« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »

DR td, or any DR, have you read THE CAT'S TABLE or THE BROKEN TEAGLASS?

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2011, 06:25:23 PM »

I am very familiar with Dutch Apple Pie and would love to have a piece right now, hot with a scoop of ice cream melting over the top

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2011, 06:27:17 PM »

DR ELMORE - I did not watch ONCE UP ON A TIME.....since it was on opposite THE AMAZING RACE!!

And NBC has the exact same type of series starting this week called GRIMM.....so much for creativity.  Did you watch it?  What did you think?

I watched most of ONCE UPON A TIME last night.  I missed the first ten minutes or so due to sports conflicts.  I enjoyed the show and I might follow it for a time to see where it takes us.  However, the little boy in the show I would love to slap the snot out of him.

I liked him. I kept wondering why the evil queen had adopted him. Since he's Pinocchio, why isn't he living with Gepetto?

I thought Gepetto referred to the little boy that helped him build the tree as Pinocchio.  Weren't they two different boys, or was I hallucinating?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2011, 06:30:28 PM »

Damn, elmore has apparently left.  Now I will never know if the two boys were one and the same.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »

I am considering not going to work again (like I can afford it) until after my injection next week.  i am feeling less and less stable even just moving from my wheelchair to the regular chair; or even getting in and out of the car. It would just about be the end for me if I should fall and break something, like a hip.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »

I am very familiar with Dutch Apple Pie and would love to have a piece right now, hot with a scoop of ice cream melting over the top

Even better is my mother's Danish Apple Pie.  Saturday my niece called me for the recipe & made it.  Craig won't eat it anymore & I thought a Dutch Apple Pie would make a good substitute.  Do you have a recipe you like?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:47 PM »

Just watched "High Sierra." Great Ida Lupinio. And that Bogart fellow, who gets second billing, ain't too bad, either.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »

Does anybody know of a singer named Lee Lesack? I bought a Johnny Mercer disc of his over the weekend. It was only a couple of bucks. I don't think I've heard that much heavy breathing in an obscene phone call. I think he wants to be Michael Feinstein, with a dash of Julie Andrews in his patter voice and arch enunciation. Good song list, though.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2011, 08:01:42 PM »

And now, for something completely different...The Manhattan Transfer recorded a song called, "The Quietude," and I remember a story they told (probably during a concert) where they heard about someone who thought the name of the song was "The Quiet Dude."

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2011, 08:03:03 PM »

Well, it's time for me to go home and do some much needed laundry.

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2011, 08:05:07 PM »

Had a little meeting at Jerry's Deli - had some matzo ball soup, so that and the sandwich are probably just fine for my food intake.

Michael

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2011, 08:32:28 PM »

Here is a review of TFNM

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/315705/the-first-nudie-musical-bluray-review

It's a positive review, but I don't think it is very well written.

And if this has been posted earlier. Please excuse me. I wanted toget this up right away
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »

LOL, John. I like that CD. And I love John Boswell on the piano.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2011, 08:57:13 PM »

LOL, John. I like that CD. And I love John Boswell on the piano.
Again, I like the song list. Maybe I'll warm to his voice.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2011, 11:21:24 PM »

DR Jane,  the boat only seemed narrow in the hallway, especially when the housekeeping staff had their supplies and equipment out in the mornings.  And, of course, Sunday morning when all that was accompanied by the passengers' luggage for disembarkation.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2011, 11:24:24 PM »

DR TCB, we had what they called a French balcony or what our DS Rob calls a balconette.  We could open the sliding glass, but not step out.  It was only about 6 inches to the railing.  In fact, they told us NOT to stick our heads/arms out when going through the locks.  They said some locks are only 12 meters wide and the boat was 11:40.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2011, 11:29:40 PM »

Here is a review of TFNM

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/315705/the-first-nudie-musical-bluray-review

It's a positive review, but I don't think it is very well written.

And if this has been posted earlier. Please excuse me. I wanted toget this up right away

Unfortunately I can't post there in response, so maybe if someone else would like to correct the two pieces of complete and utter misinformation (I've also asked Robert Harris to do so, but I don't know that he will) - we were not a bunch of out of work actors who made a film - we were all very busy working actors who made a film.

And he complains about the disc loading time and how slow it is between menus and menu functions - in the test disc phase, I tested this disc on five different players and all load times for the disc to start up were perfectly normal (Blu-rays do not load quickly - ours loads more quickly than those with Java content, that's for sure) and going from menu to menu and each function is extremely fast as anyone here who's done so knows.  He obviously likes the movie, but he's a bit of an amateur himself - he even admits that the first time he ran it was on a cheap player and monitor and that the image looked "bad."  He then re-ran it on a projector and suddenly it looked better.  He's ultimately very complimentary to the transfer but it comes very late in his review.  And if you go into Robert Harris' thread about Nudie, you will see a post that says the transfer has GREAT black levels, which it does.  This guy calls them poor (and then goes on to praise the transfer!) - I'm guessing this guy's set-up is just not professional. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up