Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I BELIEVE IN TRUE  (Read 49644 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: I BELIEVE IN TRUE
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2011, 12:17:32 PM »

Friday morning greetings!  Gradually getting over my jet lag - I managed to sleep until my "normal" time today, which is encouraging.  Went for the routine blood test that determines my Coumadin dosage and I'll spend the rest of the day organizing our trip notebook and digital photos.

I thought about you the other day when I had blood easily taken the other day.  Now I try not to think about it while I wait for the results. 

Jane

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »

I am gobsmacked again department:  just like when we bought this house, ING prequalified us and approved the loan without me needing to provide any of my self-employment income, which is much (as in MUCH) larger than my W2 salary income.

That was fast!  Congrats!

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2011, 12:29:37 PM »

TOD:

DVD:
I have a wealth of DVDrs at my disposal, thanks to DR JRand....and I think TERROR IN THE YEAR 5000 will be watched this evening.

DVR:
THE JACK BENNY SHOW

CD:
Have been listening to some CDs by the Arabic pop singer Fares Karam

and the Egyptian pop singer Nawal El Zoughbi

Jane

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »

I'm sitting the furry grand kids this weekend.  Currently DS Craig is at the airport waiting for the first of his two flights, final destination San Antonio.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2011, 12:38:14 PM »

I am gobsmacked again department:  just like when we bought this house, ING prequalified us and approved the loan without me needing to provide any of my self-employment income, which is much (as in MUCH) larger than my W2 salary income.

Well, we're "approved" pending approval, if you know what I mean.  I just emailed them all the tax stuff, W2s, pay stubs, insurance, blah, blah, blah, and we need the appraisal, but I'm expecting everything to go OK.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »

It was actually easier to assemble the documents than I had feared.  I did have to PDF-ize a bunch of JPEG scans, but other than that, easy peasy.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »

Is anyone else watching AN AMERICAN HORROR STORY?  I must say, I'm beginning to enjoy its wacky melange of horror and just kind of out there comedy.  Plus Jessica Lange is a dead ringer for 1960s era Frances Farmer in this.

JMK

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »

The "struggling actor" who's a recently released from jail family murderer, himself a horrible burn victim and now dying from brain cancer (hence his release from jail) has had some hysterically funny bits, as strange as that may sound.  He's stalking series star Dylan McDermott and I LOL'd during last week's episode when he starts jogging next to McDermott with a script in his hand, begging McDermott to run lines with him.  "Here, I'll read Oscar," he says, referring one assumes to The Odd Couple.  It was funny.  To me, anyway.  :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 01:41:17 PM »

The "struggling actor" who's a recently released from jail family murderer, himself a horrible burn victim and now dying from brain cancer (hence his release from jail) has had some hysterically funny bits, as strange as that may sound.  He's stalking series star Dylan McDermott and I LOL'd during last week's episode when he starts jogging next to McDermott with a script in his hand, begging McDermott to run lines with him.  "Here, I'll read Oscar," he says, referring one assumes to The Odd Couple.  It was funny.  To me, anyway.  :)

I have watched (sort of) each episode, but I'm having a great deal of difficulty in finding it worthy of my time.   I fast-forward through lots of bits...don't care about the maid...don't care about the mistress....don't care for Lange's treatment of her daughter (although that may/may not be done with).  I'm tired of the recriminations the wife throws at the husband about his affair.  He cannot undo it.  Just LEAVE him if you can't get over it.  Love the real estate agent.  Am aghast at the "fluffers".  Don't know what to make of any of it unless they're all in or going to hell.

Still, it fascinates.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:42:51 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »

the Vixters front teeth seem to be abnormally large lately.... should I be concerned?

;D

Also be on the lookout for a bushy tail.   That will be a dead giveaway that something is askew.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2011, 01:47:19 PM »

I've been watching a streaming version of the 1937 film "Sh! The Octupus" which the Warner Bros Archive has just made available to view until midnight today. I've never heard of the film before but apparently it's been on TCM.
http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WB-Site/default/Search-Show?cgid=WACStreamTheater&adid=1011WACshEmll&src=ESHTREM

I'll have to check this out at home before I go to the show tonight. :)

I watched it.

:P

You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2011, 01:50:13 PM »

I'm sitting the furry grand kids this weekend.  Currently DS Craig is at the airport waiting for the first of his two flights, final destination San Antonio.
What's he coming here for?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2011, 01:51:28 PM »

Well, we're "approved" pending approval, if you know what I mean.  I just emailed them all the tax stuff, W2s, pay stubs, insurance, blah, blah, blah, and we need the appraisal, but I'm expecting everything to go OK.
Yippee.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »

Here's a photo Richard thought you'd like.  It's the current view from his desk:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2011, 02:27:19 PM »

Great photo, Ginny.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »

What's he coming here for?

Someplace new to go to.  He is meeting up with friends from the east coast.  I understand Saturday night will be Halloween on the River Walk.  If so he is prepared for it. 

Jane

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »

It sounds like Halloween here right now with the "ghost" in Craig's room.  He really should record Yogi's howl, I've never heard anything like it & we had Husky's.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2011, 02:34:30 PM »

Thank you Richard.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »

Good Afternoon!

...And while they choreograph "Sing For Your Supper"....
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2011, 02:40:43 PM »

Wow. Beautiful, Ginny!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2011, 02:44:01 PM »

Very nice fall scene there DR Ginny and DH Richard! That house is cute, also!

Jane

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2011, 02:49:08 PM »

It should be an exciting game tonight & I know Craig wants to watch it.  The last game in the World Series (for those of you who don't know what game I'm referring to) begins at 5:00 and Craig's 5 1/2 flight from Salt Lake City doesn't arrive until 9:00.

JMK

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »

Here's a photo Richard thought you'd like.  It's the current view from his desk:

Why is his desk outside?   ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »

Is anyone else watching AN AMERICAN HORROR STORY?  I must say, I'm beginning to enjoy its wacky melange of horror and just kind of out there comedy.  Plus Jessica Lange is a dead ringer for 1960s era Frances Farmer in this.

This is one of the shows that I wanted to watch, but never got around to watching...maybe I'll pick it up on OnDemand (if it's available) or on-line.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2011, 03:22:50 PM »

Good Afternoon!

...And while they choreograph "Sing For Your Supper"....

I love this song!

;D

(Make sure that you click on all three colors.)

Michael

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »

I wrote Mr. Filichia yesterday when I heard and offered him a column on the Kritzerland site.  We're trying to work it out.

I hope that happens. Which means I can go to the Kritzerland site a little more oftern. :-)
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2011, 03:43:04 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments about our fall photo.

I've just created another Facebook album from our vacation:

Paris 2011
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2011, 03:51:02 PM »

And it's official - Mr. Filichia will be doing his column on Kritzerland - once a week, looks like every Friday starting next week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »

Back from all my stuff, about which more after rehearsal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up