Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: EDITING  (Read 34336 times)

Michael

Re: EDITING
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2011, 10:14:02 AM »

DR KevinH - Ouch!

-Shall I see if the costume shop at the Shakespeare Theatre has an appropriate costume to go with your eye-patch? You could pick it up later when you see the matinee today. ;)

Sounds like fun!  I'm looking forward to The Boys from Syracuse!

Are they anything like "The Boys In The Band"? :-)
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »

DR Kevin quick healing vibes!!

Laura

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2011, 10:16:11 AM »

From John G.
That sounds like a place called Dick's Last Resort, where they make some people wear paper condoms on their head.

Yup, that is the place. 

I did a quick Google search on this. I would pass on the opportunity to go there.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »

I think Craig wishes he had known to pass on it. 

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2011, 10:28:39 AM »

Halftime in a very ugly Michigan football game (but DR Cillaliz might like it!)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2011, 10:41:58 AM »

From John G.
That sounds like a place called Dick's Last Resort, where they make some people wear paper condoms on their head.

Yup, that is the place. 
I actually think it's a chain. They throw a big Elvis birthday celebration every January. Definite tourist trap.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »

Back home.  So much to do and yet I do not feel like doing any of it so will just wait until late this afternoon.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2011, 12:34:02 PM »

Stuff to do?  You mean like writing up a 20 BD set of FARSCAPE?   :o
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2011, 12:46:47 PM »

Final:  Iowa 24, Michigan 16  :P

Congratulations, Hawkeyes!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2011, 01:15:14 PM »

Last night, we had a great performance of "The Hound of the Baskervilles."  And after the show, we had a cast party at the space.  Some food was brought and a good time was had by all.  I left early (today was the first day in quite a while that I got to sleep in) and watched TV for a little while. 

At the show, we're raffling a box of DVDs and one of them is the 1988 version of "Hound" with Jeremy Brett as Holmes.  I wondered if any version was going to be on TV and it turns out that two, count 'em TWO different versions are on TV today!  This morning, the 1959 version with Peter Cushing as Holmes and Christopher Lee as Henry Baskerville was on TCM.  Tonight on one of the Encore channels, a 2002 version that didn't get good reviews on Amazon.com.  Anyway, I set my DVR to record both. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2011, 01:17:02 PM »

From yesterday:

Congrats to DR Matthew's DP on the new job!!

And Congrats to DR Matthew on the Parade review!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2011, 01:30:18 PM »

One fun fact from last night's performance: After the show, our conductor was pulled aside by an audience member for a little chat. It turned out that said audience member was the son of the actor who played the Sargeant in the original Broadway production back in 1938. He had not seen another production of BOYS since then - when he was 11-years old! - until last night.

That's pretty cool, Jose!

George

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »

Can you KINDLE users give me some info on the differences between the versions from a user's perspective?  (I've read the PR at Amazon).  I'm thinking of getting one for Betsy for the holidays.  I'm specifically confused about one point--their blurbs on the site say they all have built in WiFi but at one point in the verbiage it says it won't connect to WPA or WEP encrypted gateways, and then a second later says, "At a Wi-Fi spot that needs a password?  Just type it in an you're connected!"  What's up with that?  Can you actually browse the web with these?

Jeff, I have no idea what WPA or WEP refers to, but my 3rd generation Kindle does have a web browser.  It's a bit slow to navigate with the 5-way button, but it works.  I've used open Wi-Fi and passworded Wi-Fi and had no trouble accessing the Internet through either.

George

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2011, 01:36:02 PM »

Also, you can't have multiple browsers open...only one at a time.  And you (of course) can't download anything.  It's not a notepad or iPad or anything like that.

George

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2011, 01:49:13 PM »

Well, I need to go to work for a couple of hours, then to my parents' house for dinner and then to the theater.

Have a good day, all!

Jane

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »

From John G.

Yup, that is the place. 
I actually think it's a chain. They throw a big Elvis birthday celebration every January. Definite tourist trap.

Craig thought it might be a chain.  He wasn't joking about a disclaimer on the door.  He was fine with it but said you need to have the right temperament not to be hurt by some of the jokes.  The hat they put on your head at the end has something insulting written on it.  His wasn't as insulting as others but on the other hand he said it wasn't as funny. 

Jane

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2011, 02:10:28 PM »

Last night, we had a great performance of "The Hound of the Baskervilles."  And after the show, we had a cast party at the space.  Some food was brought and a good time was had by all. 

:)

Michael

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2011, 02:12:30 PM »

I hope someone can answer this question for me.

I have recebtly got APPLE TV.

The movies that say they are HD, Are these movies in HD, "BLU-RAY" quality?

ie The version on APPLE TV for Ben-Hur they have says "HD" but is the transfer they made for the release from a month or so ago?
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2011, 02:23:35 PM »

Oy, after three days of nonstop writing, my work on FARSCAPE is done.  That one was a killer.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »

We enjoyed FARSCAPE.  How many were there in total?

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2011, 02:32:29 PM »

Cilla, what kind of computer did you get?  Our desktop is nearing that 10 year point (hard to believe, actually).  It's still working more or less fine, but I sense a new computer in our futures.  I hate, hate, hate transferring everything over.  I wish there was an easy way to just transfer actual programs over rather than having to reinstall them every time.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394490,00.asp#fbid=AyxKFsgsFJN  This one.  I just got the computer at Best Buy.  I got a 24 inch monitor at Staples because I had over $90 in rewards that I could use. 

You have to load the programs, but if you're on a wired network or buy a transfer cable, there is a program on Windows 7 that transfers all your data, settings etc.  Last night I put the data from 2 of my computers in this one and am thinking about adding an old laptop too.   So, all my photos, documents etc are in this computer now and I can work with them.  THis is good, because I'm thinking about making some photo albums for Christmas presents

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »

Final:  Iowa 24, Michigan 16  :P

Congratulations, Hawkeyes!

:D

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2011, 02:44:16 PM »

The smartest think I did was set the computer up in my living room instead of upstairs.  Now it's really the room I live in.  I used to sue the laptop in my recliner, but I think sitting in that chair so much  has contributed to my sore shoulder, so this should help

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »

I'm going to a wedding receptiopn tonight for a couple who was married in Philadelphia a month or so ago, I have no idea what I'm going to wear, so I better get busy and figure that out

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2011, 03:06:56 PM »

Good Evening!

We had a great matinee of BOYS.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2011, 03:07:49 PM »

And after the matinee, DR KevinH and I headed over to Teaism for some nosh and talk. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »

And while we were, Leslie Kritzer dropped by to pick up some dinner.

*bk - I told Leslie about "Lost and Unsung", as well as your shows at the Gardenia. She mentioned that she'll be in LA in January and February. You may want to give her a call. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »

DR JMK - Depending on your operating system, there are various programs available that will allow you to transfer your programs and files from one computer to another via a cable (FireWire is fastest) or via WiFi.

*If you bought a Mac, the Mac Genii at the Apple Store's Genius Bars will actually do the transfer for you. For free.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2011, 03:19:26 PM »

And now it's time to meet my friend, Andy, who's coming to see the show tonight.  He just got back from a two-week trip to Burma. I can't wait to hear about it.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2011, 03:22:51 PM »

I have decided I don't want to make the fruit cake brownies for my book group on Tuesday.  I'm deciding if I'll make regular ones.  I'm in the mood for my oatmeal cookies.  Any suggestions for something to go with them?

I will be assisting DS Craig while he makes his wonderful Zacusca.  I picked up some Cotswold cheese along with apples & grapes.  I know I don't really need to bake something else but it is nice to have a variety of treats.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:27:05 PM by Jane »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up