Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY  (Read 59948 times)

MBarnum

Re: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2011, 12:37:27 PM »

I think I am the only person in the world who has not seen the film ROSEMARY'S BABY.

:o

I know, I know...I need to rectify this...of course I haven't yet seen THE MALTESE FALCON or CASABLANCA, either.

But when you have a shelf load of films with titles like LURE OF THE SWAMP, INVASION OF THE SAUCER MEN, and CONFESSIONS OF A SORORITY GIRL I am sure you can see why I have been remiss in catching up on all of the classics.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »

I think I am the only person in the world who has not seen the film ROSEMARY'S BABY.

Alas, that does not surprise nor shock me.

::)

I wouldn't have minded not seeing it.

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »

I dropped PAN AM from my viewing...as well as 2 BROKE GIRLS, CASTLE, and RULES OF ENGAGEMENT. I also dropped Betty White's tv series. It isn't that I disliked any of these shows, it was just that with adding THE JACK BENNY PROGRAM and KRAFT SUSPENSE THEATRE to my recordings, I was simply watching TOO MUCH tv and thus getting nothing else done while I was at home.

I will stick with the remaining season of THE CLOSER, and I still watch MODERN FAMILY and THE OFFICE and this season's THE AMAZING RACE. Also holding onto this season's SURVIVOR, as it is a pretty entertaining one, for a change.

Will likely not watch this season of SOUTHLAND.

I admit CASTLE had a slow beginning this season but it has gotten good again.

I was still enjoying CASTLE, and I will catch up with it either in reruns or when it is on dvd. It is a wonderful program, but I just don't have the time to watch it each week.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »

I know, I know...I need to rectify this...of course I haven't yet seen THE MALTESE FALCON or CASABLANCA, either.

But when you have a shelf load of films with titles like LURE OF THE SWAMP, INVASION OF THE SAUCER MEN, and CONFESSIONS OF A SORORITY GIRL I am sure you can see why I have been remiss in catching up on all of the classics.

CASABLANCA is the first movie you should see!!!!

Jane

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2011, 12:40:08 PM »

I dropped PAN AM from my viewing...as well as 2 BROKE GIRLS, CASTLE, and RULES OF ENGAGEMENT. I also dropped Betty White's tv series. It isn't that I disliked any of these shows, it was just that with adding THE JACK BENNY PROGRAM and KRAFT SUSPENSE THEATRE to my recordings, I was simply watching TOO MUCH tv and thus getting nothing else done while I was at home.

I will stick with the remaining season of THE CLOSER, and I still watch MODERN FAMILY and THE OFFICE and this season's THE AMAZING RACE. Also holding onto this season's SURVIVOR, as it is a pretty entertaining one, for a change.

I was still enjoying CASTLE, and I will catch up with it either in reruns or when it is on dvd. It is a wonderful program, but I just don't have the time to watch it each week.

Do you continue to record it to watch at another date or are you too full-up to record?

Jane

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »

Bill Keene passed away today.

Doug R

« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2011, 01:23:21 PM »

You'll be telling us you haven't seen CITIZEN KANE next  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2011, 02:15:53 PM »

DR MBarnum:  I love "The Rifleman"...grew up watching it and yet I still enjoy it in re-runs.

DR Jane:  "Rosemary's Baby" is one of MY favorite films.  I'm sorry it upset you.

Apropos of nothing else being talked about:

"Unforgettable" get better and better!  And last night's "NCIS" was one of that show's finest offerings, IMO.  And it was Part 1 of 2...something I usually dislike, but when it's done this well and the part 1 is so riveting I find myself anxiously awaiting next week's part 2.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »

Confessions of a Sorority Girl is a classic.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2011, 02:18:49 PM »

It's more mind-boggling than that, Doug. 

We once had a "what are your favorite Gregory Peck films?" TOD and MBarnum confided that he didn't believe he'd ever seen a Gregory Peck film.  I think it was Peck.  If it wasn't, it was someone equally notable.

Earlier this year, he posted:

Re: WEHT
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:45 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOD:

I don't know from Stephen Sondheim except what I have read here on HHW.

:D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:52:43 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2011, 02:20:25 PM »

DR Jose good news about your mother and I'm wishing her CONTINUED HEALING VIBES!!!
Ditto.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2011, 02:29:04 PM »

It's more mind-boggling than that, Doug.  We once had a "what are your favorite Gregory Peck films?" TOD and MBarnum confided that he didn't believe he'd ever seen a Gregory Peck film.  I think it was Peck.  If it wasn't, it was someone equally notable.

That was me. It was a running gag for a while.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:31:51 PM by Laura »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2011, 02:39:57 PM »

Laura, because the news is no longer news - it's puffery and about ratings only.  The intellect of this lovely country we live in has reached an all-time low and they just pander to it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »

I had some lunch, did some errands and whatnot, picked up two packages (amazon package wasn't there - it will be at some point today), and now have to rush and get ready to go to rehearsal - we had to move Alet up an hour to four.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2011, 02:52:01 PM »

It's more mind-boggling than that, Doug.  We once had a "what are your favorite Gregory Peck films?" TOD and MBarnum confided that he didn't believe he'd ever seen a Gregory Peck film.  I think it was Peck.  If it wasn't, it was someone equally notable.

That was me. It was a running gag for a while.

Thanks for correcting me, and please forgive me for misremembering you as MBarnum!   :D

However....that was truly "MBarnum" of you!

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »

CASABLANCA is the first movie you should see!!!!

It is too late, DR Jane. I saw my first movie decades ago.   :)

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2011, 02:55:08 PM »

Do you continue to record it to watch at another date or are you too full-up to record?

That was part of the problem. The DVR fills up so fast when you record these shows in HD, so no, I am not recording Castle. The DVD of this season will be out soon enough, and I can rent it then and catch up on the rest of the episodes.

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2011, 02:56:20 PM »

As a matter of fact.....you know I have recorded it several times, but then never got around to watching it and deleted it from the DVR. I think there were too many episodes of Mr. Ed that I had to catch up on at the time.

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »

Confessions of a Sorority Girl is a classic.

But a classic what? LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »

Oh I have indeed seen and enjoyed Gregory Peck...it was probably George C. Scott you are thinking of.

Laura

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »

I am working on a big project for this weekend, which seems to involve other people changing what I am supposed to be doing every few hours, which is communicated by email. So today, while coming home from our walk, I told my DH that I needed to check my email to see what fresh hell awaits me. I thought Elmore would be proud.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2011, 03:46:59 PM »

So today, while coming home from our walk, I told my DH that I needed to check my email to see what fresh hell awaits me. I thought Elmore would be proud.

;D

No more fresh hell vibes!!!

Jane

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »

From DR Laura:
"I think there were too many episodes of Mr. Ed that I had to catch up on at the time."
--M Barnam, talking about Gregory Peck

;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »

Speaking of MR. ED, I met Leon Ames when I was quite a young lad.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Michael

« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »

We'll pray for you.
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »

I keep forgetting to mention that Cynthia Myers, star of the cult classic BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS, passed away a few days ago.

I met her about 3 years ago and she was absolutely wonderful and sweet!

Michael

« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »

I keep forgetting to mention that Cynthia Myers, star of the cult classic BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS, passed away a few days ago.

I met her about 3 years ago and she was absolutely wonderful and sweet!

Glad to see you cropped the picture at the right place as this is a family site. :-)
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2011, 05:46:17 PM »

Craig laughed at the little heater next to me & I admitted it isn't helping much.  As soon as I stepped away from my computer I knew how much warmer I was with the little heater blowing on me.  I should have continued doing laundry which also kept the room warmer, possibly better than the little heater.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »

Craig laughed at the little heater next to me & I admitted it isn't helping much.  As soon as I stepped away from my computer I knew how much warmer I was with the little heater blowing on me.  I should have continued doing laundry which also kept the room warmer, possibly better than the little heater.

Come up here, Jane, our furnace is working.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »

LOL-would love to DR JMK.  I'm going into the bedroom soon & read.  I downloaded two books onto my Nook today.  It seems to be feast or famine with the library.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up