Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL ELEVENS  (Read 10868 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: ALL ELEVENS
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2011, 10:27:48 PM »

By the time I got back downtown, I had somehow lost my sense of direction. I ended up walking around for a few minutes before I realized exactly where I was in relationship to Pershing Square. Thankfully, my bus was running late, and I was able to hop on the 90/91 after only waiting a minute or so. Well...

We got on the 110 and there was a back-up at the Figueroa exit. There were flashing lights in the distance, and everyone was backtracking on the exit ramp to get back on the highway, including some other busses. So, my bus driver followed suit, and skipped the exit and kept driving on 110. He eventually got off at an exit a mile or two up the road. Then he pulled over on the side of the road... And called dispatch. He had no idea how to get back to his designated route. He even got out of the bus to walk down to the last intersection he had passed in order to give the dispatcher his location. By that time, everyone on the bus - there were only about eight of us - started to speak up. I walked up to him with my iPhone and Google Maps, and told him that Figueroa was the next major intersection. "Really?!? How come you didn't tell me that before?!?!?" -That's when my fellow passengers started to go, "Aren't you supposed to be the one who knows where to go? We thought you were waiting for directions from your dispatcher?!?!"

Once he got up to Figueroa, he back-tracked over the stops he missed, and I eventually made it back to Glendale safe and sound.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2011, 10:28:42 PM »

!!!!!!PAGE SIX!!!!!!

!!!!!!DANCE!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »

*And I was able to get another ticket for Next Fall for tomorrow night. -And at a very nice discount too using a special promo code from L.A. Weekly. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »

**And, yes, I've already researched all possible bus route to and from the theatre tomorrow. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2011, 10:36:33 PM »

For the December Gardenia show, we're reuniting four of the original pit singers from Promises, Promises (one of the originals has passed away, but we've got the gal who replaced her) - they'll be singing Turkey Lurkey Time for the first time in forty years.

OOOHH!!!! Hmm.. Maybe I should see if I can change my return date back to NYC. Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2011, 10:40:45 PM »

Does anyone remember when markets stopped putting price tag stickers on the products they sell?  I ask because Craig handed me a box of onion seasoning, with one little packet in it, which he says is so old it has moved 5 times with us.  He wants to save it for the next move ;)  I insist it can't be THAT old.

DR Jane - Some markets still do that. In fact, Whole Foods in NYC still puts price stickers on their items just in case their scanners go down.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »

And hopefully you got the book in show order :)  Right?  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2011, 10:48:55 PM »

So, Playbill.com says the cast recording of "A Christmas Story" will be available only at the theaters where the showis touring. Anybody know how to land a copy of that? Do you think any of the theaters would take a mail order request? Would Kritzerland pick it up? I think it was issued without a label, if I recall the story correctly.

DR JohnG - I believe you should be able to eventually get a copy via the writing team's website: Pasek & Paul.

*I also know some people in the cast, so... Lemme send some emails out. -They're only running in Hershey through this weekend before heading onto someplace-I-can't-remember.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »

And hopefully you got the book in show order :)  Right?  :)

That's for me to know, and for you to find out tomorrow. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2011, 10:51:20 PM »

~~~~~VIBES FOR DR GEORGE'S DC EBONIE~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?