Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL ELEVENS  (Read 10869 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: ALL ELEVENS
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »

DR Jane, I did not find the clips i was looking for (i must have put them down together somewhere).  But after looking everywhere i did find the original one that i had lost.

Over the summer I had one that was kept with my bathing suit. But when summer was over i could not find it (so my sister gave me 2 new ones). I found that one lying in a corner on my carpet. So for now that will do.  But it is seriously driving me nuts where i put the other 2 clips.

I could have sworn i put them in my swimming purse...

I'm glad you found something to use.  I know how frustrating it is when something disappears & you can't figure it out.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »

The heating guys are here but haven't guaranteed we shall have heat by the end of the day.  Vibes will be appreciated.  I hate to wait until Monday for heat.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »

New Filichia on Friday will be up momentarily - brain lapse from the web guy - supposed to go up at midnight.  Peter called and asked, I called and asked and the web guy's reaction was "Friday.  Oh.  You sent it.  I got it.  I'll put it up right now."
thank you.
Still not there. Will keeping looking.

It's there now.

And read (past tense). ;)

It is not available when I go to the site. What am I doing wrong?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2011, 11:11:32 AM »

Well, I just hit refresh and it's there now. Strange. That was in a two-minute frame, long after others had read the column.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »

So, Playbill.com says the cast recording of "A Christmas Story" will be available only at the theaters where the showis touring. Anybody know how to land a copy of that? Do you think any of the theaters would take a mail order request? Would Kritzerland pick it up? I think it was issued without a label, if I recall the story correctly.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »

Happy

11 - 11 - 11
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:28:38 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2011, 11:33:04 AM »

I should be outside with Keith.  It is much warmer outside than inside.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »

I think I won't jog until about twelve-thirty.  I made a multi-part wish at 11:11.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »

When is the next Ouside the Box episode being released?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2011, 11:53:56 AM »

I'm having fun on facebook with 3 new groups, my junior high school, Hamilton High Friends, and You know you grew up in West Los Angeles if you remember.......

The photo for the West L.A. group is of the Helms Delivery truck. :)

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »

Heat vibes for DR Jane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »

Thank you Ginny.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2011, 12:18:09 PM »

Richard and I have a date tonight to see THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE at Miami University (his alma mater, and DR Elmore's).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2011, 12:42:58 PM »

Bruce one of the people I met on my junior high group page is a friend of yours.  I began talking to her as I knew her cousin.  Small world. ;)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2011, 12:45:20 PM »

As for the Chitty booklet, I wasn't expecting to get a signed booklet as I was late in getting the order in.  The :( was because if I paid attention better, I would have got the order in earlier!!!

Doug R

« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »

TOD:

CDs: 55 Days at Peking (I always think of the title as 55 Days in Peking - which sounds more correct) is waiting for me. It arrived just as I was leaving to catch my flight so I haven't heard it.

DVD/BDs:  Too many! And Mutiny on the Bounty is on its way.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:49:20 PM by Doug R »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2011, 12:51:08 PM »

Samuel Bronston's son Bill told me some time ago that there are BDs expected of all the Bronston epics, but I have yet to see official announcements.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2011, 12:51:32 PM »

(Meaning Region 1, which doesn't help DougR unless he has a region free player).

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »

I enjoyed the soundtrack to 55 DAYS, though truth be told it's far from my favorite Tiomkin.

Doug R

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »

(Meaning Region 1, which doesn't help DougR unless he has a region free player).

I do have a multi region DVD and Blu-ray player - but I'm sure they will be from the same HD master as the U.K. and German Blu-rays so please don't get your hopes up too high.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:22:35 PM by Doug R »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »

When is the next Ouside the Box episode being released?

New episodes go up every two weeks, so episode two will go up a week from Sunday - I was going to delay and put it up on Wednesday, as Sunday isn't a great You Tube traffic day, but I think since we established that we should stick with it and maybe we'll end up helping the Sunday traffic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »

Jane, who's the friend?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2011, 01:26:18 PM »

I am truly not feeling the jogging vibe today - and now it's a bit too late to go.  So, back to jogging tomorrow.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »

It's raining in Olympia...the first rain in a while. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »

Richard and I have a date tonight to see THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE at Miami University (his alma mater, and DR Elmore's).
that sounds like fun.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

Jane, who's the friend?

Helen Slaten.  She said she loves your books & asked if I've read them.  I will tell her to come visit us here.  I know her cousin from drama but I think that was after you graduated.

Funny but I noticed a few people that show you as a mutual friend. Maybe I'll browse your friend list & see who I find there. 

John G.

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »

As for the Chitty booklet, I wasn't expecting to get a signed booklet as I was late in getting the order in.  The :( was because if I paid attention better, I would have got the order in earlier!!!
And I now realize that an autographed copy would have been the perfect Christmas gift for a friend of mine. Oh well. Any chance of Mr. Sherman autographing any more?
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:23 PM »

Well, I need to take Ebonie (my cat) to the vet today.  I took her last week to get a claw clipped (only one was too long for me to clip) but the issue with her toes has come back.  It's either a fungus or yeast infection or something like that and it goes away, then comes back, then goes away and now it's come back again.  This time, Doctor Sarah (this is the first time that she's looked at Ebonie's claws) looked at her history and did some research and thinks that it could be a rare fungus ("rare" probably means expensive). :-\ Today, she's going to scrape some cells and see if they look like the specific kind of cells of this fungus.  If it's inconclusive, the next step might (mind you, I said might) be to biopsy :o an infected claw to confirm whatever it could be.  If it's this rare fungus, I think that she would have to go on immuno-suppressants for a while and possible steroids for the rest of her life.  I don't remember the details.

Also, Ebonie will probably has to have a couple of teeth pulled at some point. :P If they have to do the biopsy (if I even choose to go that route), they could do the teeth and claw at the same time, so she's under anesthesia only once.

Her appointment is at 2 pm, and she's in my arms, so I had better go now while I have her.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »

And then tonight, I'm working concessions for the latest Warren Miller movie.

George

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »

Be back later.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up