Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ACTUAL FACTUAL  (Read 13174 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: ACTUAL FACTUAL
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »

Page Three!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »

Damn!  I love honey roasted peanuts, even dry roasted.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »

T.O.D.

For probably the first time in probably ten years,  I just finished re-reading A NIGHT TO REMEMBER.

spoiler

The ship still sinks.

end of spoiler
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2011, 02:28:13 PM »

All last week I suffered thru leg tremors, or cramps, or whatever you want to call them.  They would start as soon as I would go to bed and would continue most of the nght.  I got very little sleep on several nights.

My doctor's office said that it could be from dehydration.  I thought about it, and although when I am at work, I drink a lot (or alot) of water, but I never think about water when I am at home.  My friend, Leslie, thought I meant I didn't drink water at home because I didn't like the taste.  so, she  brought me a bottle of MIO.  I tried it, but I don't understand the point.  I like water.  This MIO made me think of that other type of Kool-Aid that they used to sell back in the 50's.  Was it called FlavorAid, or something like that.  It just tasted like slightly flavored water.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 02:30:21 PM »

I didn't go to Bernice's funeral today.  The other third of our trio e-mailed me this morning that she had a lot of snow.  She lives down in Lacey or Olympia, or some place in George Country.  I just didn't feel comfortale driving out to Lakewood by myself.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2011, 02:31:01 PM »

Boy, am I having fun!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2011, 02:36:11 PM »

Taco Bell's new commerical is for their Triple Steak Sandwich.  And they are using the music of Vesti la giubba.  What does either one have to do with tacos?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »

Whatever the reason for reopening the Natalie Wood investigation, Lana Wood is now stirring the pot, as well.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »

Jennifer is there a historical reason why Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in October?
“One thing’s universal,

Doug R

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »

Being Saturday I had the Big Breakfast of bacon, sausages, egg and tomato. Lunch was a moderate slice of ham and bread. Evening is Chicken Kiev (to put me in mind of my trip to the Ukrainian city in a few months). I snacked on some nuts and biscuits and had my usual copious mugs of tea and coffee - as soon as I finish one I start making another.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »

Being Saturday I had the Big Breakfast of bacon, sausages, egg and tomato. Lunch was a moderate slice of ham and bread. Evening is Chicken Kiev (to put me in mind of my trip to the Ukrainian city in a few months). I snacked on some nuts and biscuits and had my usual copious mugs of tea and coffee - as soon as I finish one I start making another.

Yum, Chicken Kiev.  And what is tomorrow's main course?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »

I realize that I am a little late to the party, but I love the show, BLUE BLOODS.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:58:08 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Doug R

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »

All last week I suffered thru leg tremors, or cramps, or whatever you want to call them.  They would start as soon as I would go to bed and would continue most of the nght.  I got very little sleep on several nights.
My doctor's office said that it could be from dehydration.  I thought about it, and although when I am at work, I drink a lot (or alot) of water, but I never think about water when I am at home. 

Sorry to hear that DR TCB. I occasionally get cramp in my leg in the middle of the night but it only comes on after I've been drinking (no - it doesn't happen every night!). Drinking causes dehydration so that may well be why I get it. It certainly is painfull.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2011, 02:56:22 PM »

My doctor's office said that it could be from dehydration.  I thought about it, and although when I am at work, I drink a lot (or alot) of water, but I never think about water when I am at home. 

Sorry to hear that DR TCB. I occasionally get cramp in my leg in the middle of the night but it only comes on after I've been drinking (no - it doesn't happen every night!). Drinking causes dehydration so that may well be why I get it. It certainly is painfull.

Thanks, Doug.  Yes come to think of it, I did used to get them when I drank - and that was every night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2011, 03:05:37 PM »

Michigan, DR TCB!

I have my Michigan seat shirt on.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2011, 03:06:49 PM »

I saw Disney's A Christmas Carol (2009) for the first time and really enjoyed it. I liked the fact that for an animated (motion-capture) film it was so dramatic (no Disney cuteness here) and true to the story.

I'm pleased to learn it wasn't cute.

Doug R

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2011, 03:07:42 PM »

It's roast beef tomorrow (but don't tell Jane).

Jane

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2011, 03:12:22 PM »

TOD:

Currently, I'm not reading anything, but I just ordered copies of:

THE ELEPHANT TO HOLLYWOOD by Michael Caine

and

PIECES OF MY HEART: A LIFE by Robert Wagner

:o

BTW: I think this whole new flap about Natalie Wood's death is a bunch of bulls**t!

This captain wants to sell books and the press is going crazy over the story because it makes good copy.

Everybody knows there was a fight that night.  Natalie was drunk.  She was upset.  She slipped and fell off the boat.

End of story.  Let her rest in peace.  These vultures should stop feeding off of her grave.

>:(

The captain's book was released two years ago.  Why would he wait until now, to try and promote it?

I wonder what he left out of his book that is now new evidence.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »

My doctor's office said that it could be from dehydration.  I thought about it, and although when I am at work, I drink a lot (or alot) of water, but I never think about water when I am at home.  My friend, Leslie, thought I meant I didn't drink water at home because I didn't like the taste.  so, she  brought me a bottle of MIO.  I tried it, but I don't understand the point.  I like water.  This MIO made me think of that other type of Kool-Aid that they used to sell back in the 50's.  Was it called FlavorAid, or something like that.  It just tasted like slightly flavored water.

I had to look up MIO.  It was sweet of your friend even if it tasted weird.  If I didn't like my home water I would want Aquafina.

VIBES DRINKING WATER STOPS THE TREMORS/CRAMPS!!!

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »

I didn't go to Bernice's funeral today.  The other third of our trio e-mailed me this morning that she had a lot of snow.  She lives down in Lacey or Olympia, or some place in George Country.  I just didn't feel comfortale driving out to Lakewood by myself.

I'm glad you didn't go alone.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »

Whatever the reason for reopening the Natalie Wood investigation, Lana Wood is now stirring the pot, as well.

She has been stirring the pot all along.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »

Will there be Yorkshire Pudding?

Doug R

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2011, 03:17:28 PM »

Everybody knows there was a fight that night.  Natalie was drunk.  She was upset.  She slipped and fell off the boat.
End of story.  Let her rest in peace.  These vultures should stop feeding off of her grave.

I think I agree. 30 years on, what is the point in dragging everything up again?

Doug R

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »

Of course - although it will have to be Aunt Bessie's frozen Yorkshire pudding.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2011, 03:28:07 PM »

Oh damn, I thought it was lamb chops.   ;D
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »

Mt friend Joseph just left. He arrived about 12:15, we listened to about 90 minutes of the Herbert songs and broke for lunch. Then we returned and listened to about two more hours of the 5-hour set. By that point the postman had arrived with the first edit of the new recording of EILEEN, which I recorded in Dublin in August. So we then listened to all of it.

I kept suppressing my tears; it's so damned good, and the orchestra and singers sound amazing. I really love the folk on the recording and miss them all enormously.I am very very proud of all of us.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2011, 03:29:15 PM »

Michigan, DR TCB!

I have my Michigan seat shirt on.

You have a Michigan seat shirt?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »

I had to look up MIO.  It was sweet of your friend even if it tasted weird.  If I didn't like my home water I would want Aquafina.

VIBES DRINKING WATER STOPS THE TREMORS/CRAMPS!!!

Thanks, Jane.  So does Nicky.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:31:41 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »

Of course - although it will have to be Aunt Bessie's frozen Yorkshire pudding.

I've never seen or heard of frozen Yorkshire Pudding

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »

Mt friend Joseph just left. He arrived about 12:15, we listened to about 90 minutes of the Herbert songs and broke for lunch. Then we returned and listened to about two more hours of the 5-hour set. By that point the postman had arrived with the first edit of the new recording of EILEEN, which I recorded in Dublin in August. So we then listened to all of it.

I kept suppressing my tears; it's so damned good, and the orchestra and singers sound amazing. I really love the folk on the recording and miss them all enormously.I am very very proud of all of us.

:D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up