Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OPENING NIGHT: LOST AND UNSUNG  (Read 10798 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
OPENING NIGHT: LOST AND UNSUNG
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:09:39 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were written at night and hopefully are open, and now it is time for you to post until the opening night cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: OPENING NIGHT: LOST AND UNSUNG
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 12:10:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: SERRY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 12:34:34 AM »

~~~Vibes and Xylophones of All Kinds for BK and the Cast of LOST AND UNSUNG!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 01:08:33 AM »

I have just been paid (by direct deposit) and finally I'm able to order The People in the Picture! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 04:36:29 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 04:37:03 AM »

Today is my last day for the year so I have much to do.

I've been working since 6am and it's time for a break to eat something.

Later!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 05:07:53 AM »

BK,

Much leg breaking for the show!
You can dream…or you can do.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 05:23:28 AM »

break a leg with the show.

Can you post the final song list.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 05:41:31 AM »

Good morning, all! I have an intense day today. Mercury landed in retrograde and completely messed up my existence yesterday! I have only myself to blame for a lot of it, but it does affect my music prep team, and that hurts me to no end.  Over a month ago, before I became tied up with the Appalachian Christmas piece, I had spent a sday with my colleague Peter going through the ROBERTA full scores, attempting to assemble a reconstruction, bar count, and all things needed to assemble a budget. Act one was fine, but we were sloppy on Act Two, and going through Act Two yesterday, we added 500 bars of musicto the budget, which took the music prep work to an enormously high amount. Primarily for two reasons:
  1. the music underscoring for ROBERTA is intentionally continuous, with song flowing in and out of it; this seems to be Kern's approach to MUSIC IN THE AIR and THE CAT AND THE FIDDLE - nonstop scoring
  2. all the sections of underscorng with dialogue need new piano-vocal scores created with the dialogue in place; I didn't do this for EILEEN and it was hell for the singers, jumping back and forth between dialogue sheets and vocal books.

So, when the Man from Philadelphia got my email on the music prepbudget rise, he pulled the plug on all work on THE RED MILL until ROBERTA is under control and we know exactly where the budget will settle. I need to spend some time crunching numbers today to bring the budget down.

I also have a few neighborhood errands to run and an apartment to tidy. My friend Joseph Rubin is coming by at 6:45 to hear the 2nd disk of EILEEN, and this place is a mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Break-a-leg Vibes to BK, DR Jose, the cast and crew for tonight! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:55:32 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 06:06:30 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  It's finally stopped raining here in SW Ohio and the sun is trying to shine  8)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 06:07:03 AM »

Opening night break-a-leg vibes to BK, Jose, cast & crew!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 06:26:51 AM »

Wow, this is the shortest Page 1 I've seen first thing in the morning in quite a while.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Kerry

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 06:27:51 AM »

Much breaking of the legs to all of you tonight!
I like boat races.

FJL

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 06:38:42 AM »

Broken legs to all tonight!!!!

JMK

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 06:40:54 AM »

Good morning, all! I have an intense day today. Mercury landed in retrograde and completely messed up my existence yesterday! I have only myself to blame for a lot of it, but it does affect my music prep team, and that hurts me to no end.  Over a month ago, before I became tied up with the Appalachian Christmas piece, I had spent a sday with my colleague Peter going through the ROBERTA full scores, attempting to assemble a reconstruction, bar count, and all things needed to assemble a budget. Act one was fine, but we were sloppy on Act Two, and going through Act Two yesterday, we added 500 bars of musicto the budget, which took the music prep work to an enormously high amount. Primarily for two reasons:
  1. the music underscoring for ROBERTA is intentionally continuous, with song flowing in and out of it; this seems to be Kern's approach to MUSIC IN THE AIR and THE CAT AND THE FIDDLE - nonstop scoring
  2. all the sections of underscorng with dialogue need new piano-vocal scores created with the dialogue in place; I didn't do this for EILEEN and it was hell for the singers, jumping back and forth between dialogue sheets and vocal books.

So, when the Man from Philadelphia got my email on the music prepbudget rise, he pulled the plug on all work on THE RED MILL until ROBERTA is under control and we know exactly where the budget will settle. I need to spend some time crunching numbers today to bring the budget down.

I also have a few neighborhood errands to run and an aprtment to tidy. My friend Joseph Rubin is coming by at 6:45 to hear the 2nd disk of EILEEN, and this place is a mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Break-a-leg Vibes to BK, DR Jose, the cast and crew for tonight! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do what they do in that bizarre new ad featuring (kind of) "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"--just cut out nanoseconds here and there.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 06:49:55 AM »

In fact that ad really bothers me as it is so resolutely anti-musical, with bizarre little snippets shaved off here and there obviously to get the commercial running time down to 30 seconds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 07:00:24 AM »

The do the same thing the The Sound of Music on NBC.....letting the dialog scenes go on and on and cutting snippets out of the songs.....it's scary.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 07:10:28 AM »

Broken leg vibes for MR BK and DR JOSE & Company this evening.

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 07:13:24 AM »

Break a leg to BK and DR Jose!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats to DRs Noel and Joy! Wow, Adelaide. What a perfect name for them!

Doug R

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 07:22:43 AM »

I had breakfast today at Ed's Diner which is based on a '50s style American Diner. I had the "Straight Outa Bed" breakast which comprised bacon, sausage, fried egg, tomato, mushroom, hash brown and unlimited coffee and - needless to say - it was delicious. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 07:26:55 AM »

I'm off to run some errands; I've trimmed about 500 measures from the ROBERTA budget, so we'll see if it passes muster.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 07:29:38 AM »

~~~Vibes and Xylophones of All Kinds for BK and the Cast of LOST AND UNSUNG!!~~~
Many, many vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 07:31:54 AM »

Good morning and vibes to all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 07:32:56 AM »

Visited the opticians to sort out my broken glasses. To my surprise, they said the broken metal frame could be repaired and gave me the name of a frame repair company. I went onto their website, completed the on-line form and mailed it together with the standard payment of £22 ($35) which is a lot cheaper than having to buy a new frame or new lenses and frame.  Until they are returned I will have to go around wearing my prescription sunglasses which, at this time of year, will at least make me look fashionably mysterious - or something.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 07:37:29 AM »

Happy Wednesday, all and sundry.

Last day of November!   

Where (oh! where?) has this year gone?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 08:09:58 AM »

I've finished my errands. I took the 104 bus down Broadway and had a nice conversation with Rosalind Elias. I wonder if she's off to the matinee of FOLLIES or running errands before the show.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 08:48:26 AM »

I'm off to run some errands; I've trimmed about 500 measures from the ROBERTA budget, so we'll see if it passes muster.

You are quite a surgeon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 08:49:20 AM »

DR DOUG R - you may get asked for your autograph!

John G.

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 09:02:48 AM »

You are quite a surgeon.
It's like miles of colon. But, seriously, does that mean we will have to wait for another recording to get "the complete recording"? The underscoring on these shows is generally wonderful. I love it in the new "Follies" recording, for a recent example.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 09:06:01 AM »

I don't know how i didn't know this. But Staples/Bureau En Gros (what it is called here) is now able to sell Kindles in their actual store. They are $109.  Need to see this.  I just don't really understand the whole Canada/US thing. I know i would have to order books from .com and not .ca (that is fine cause i have a giftcard on .com). But i'm just not totally clear how many of amazon.com's kindle books can be "shipped" to canada. I know there are some restrictions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up