Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ART OF ASSEMBLING AN ALBUM  (Read 9543 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE ART OF ASSEMBLING AN ALBUM
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 09:38:06 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - awakened by the ringing of the new telephonic device - a call from Montreal about a film music potential project - I didn't take the call as I wanted to be fully awake, so I'll call back in a bit.  I didn't get to sleep until two-thirty so I'm tired.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »

[title of notes] have been fixed.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »

Well in the why do they fix it if it ain't broke department, I spent several hours last night trying to deal with a fairly technical display issue regarding 1080i vs. 1080p and discovered this morning it was all because the gurus at Playstation "upgraded" their PS3 software to deinterlace interlaced presentations.  Oy and vey.

Why would they do such a thing?

Well for most people it's actually nice as it will not just automatically upscale anything at less than 1080p, it also correctly reproduces the OAR, which the older s/w didn't do (you'd have to adjust your screen size on your tv).  But for those of us who need to know native resolutions, it's a pain.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2011, 11:05:12 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Jane!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 11:06:37 AM »

JMK, yes, it was the Adamo version.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2011, 11:08:25 AM »

Hello, everyone.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2011, 11:08:37 AM »

I am back from the McGlinnventory. Geri  and I went through all of the books on music, opera, composers, programs, plays, and libretti, sorting them into "Sale" (and pricing them for a minimum bid), "NYPL" for programs and all the plays in foreign language, and "Trash." We did find some good libretti to pt up for sale, like "Sitting Pretty." the 1927 "Show Boat," the 1938 "Boys from Syracuse," "Music On The Air," "Pipe Dream" and others. The weirdest set is the 21 volumes of the complete plays of Carlo Goldoni in Italian!

Wow! Two more boys have claimed molestation by Jerry Sandusky today. Where is DR MBarnum? Coincidence? Probably.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »

TOD:
Why do some DRs have big heads and some have small heads. It seems a bit discriminatory against us small heads. I don't necessarily want a big head (other than the one I'm told I have). I'm simply curious.

I think it happened in the changeover and redo of the site DR DOUGR and if a DR had a larger picture in the cache.  But I am not a technician.

That's correct...the previous version of the board allowed our pictures to be up to 110 by 150 pixels.  When the board was updated, the 110x150 pictures that were there could still be used, but any new ones could only be added at the smaller size of 65 by 65 pixels.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 11:09:27 AM »

Oh, is it Jane's birthday?   ;)

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS to DR JANE!!

May you have a lovely day.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »

Jane, I was pleased to hear that your swimming is going well. That sounds like significant improvement.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »

Well in the why do they fix it if it ain't broke department, I spent several hours last night trying to deal with a fairly technical display issue regarding 1080i vs. 1080p and discovered this morning it was all because the gurus at Playstation "upgraded" their PS3 software to deinterlace interlaced presentations.  Oy and vey.

Why would they do such a thing?

Well for most people it's actually nice as it will not just automatically upscale anything at less than 1080p, it also correctly reproduces the OAR, which the older s/w didn't do (you'd have to adjust your screen size on your tv).  But for those of us who need to know native resolutions, it's a pain.

I ain't no native, I was born here.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about your colitis, DR Michael S. I hope you find relief soon.

I suffered damage to my digestive system many years ago as the result of taking so many pain killers. I was searching for some books on the subject when NO MORE HEARTBURN by Sherry Rogers, MD came out. It was a huge help. Dr Rogers offers many suggestions. I tried more than a few and undid most of the damage. To this day I still take glutamine (an amino acid) and DGL, as needed. The book is usually available from Amazon. The title is a misnomer, as the scope of the book is far broader than just heartburn. I recommend it to anyone with digestive ailments.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »

I'm getting dizzy from DR JMK's posts. I'm glad I don't need to deal with that!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »

Must take care of a few things.

TTFN.

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »

Harry Morgan has died - RIP, Colonel Potter...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »

Harry Morgan has died - RIP, Colonel Potter...

Frances introduced him to his wife.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2011, 11:45:43 AM »

I must share with all of you--I am listening to the most amazing bandleader.  His name is Edmundo Ros.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2011, 11:47:08 AM »

I must share with all of you--I am listening to the most amazing bandleader.  His name is Edmundo Ros.

Does he do champagne music like Lawrence Welk?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »

Show vibes for MR BK & Co.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »

Had the telephonic conversation with Cindy, had the telephonic conversation about the film project, did some work on the other release, and now must do the four-mile jog before I procrastinate right out of doing it.  Then some banking, hopefully picking up packages, and then to the club at four-thirty.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2011, 11:57:57 AM »

Boy, I do not get Jackie Evancho and that trick voice at all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2011, 12:03:50 PM »

I do love the clip of Michelle Bachmann dropping that eight year old kid who says "my mommy is gay and she doesn't need fixing" faster than lightning. She looks as though the kid's head just turned 360 degress and he spit fire at her.  I can only imagine how the dumb ass would handle a hot topic in a high powered press conference.

George

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2011, 12:15:52 PM »

Boy, I do not get Jackie Evancho and that trick voice at all!

Me, either.  She's good I guess, but I'm just not interested in listening to her.

George

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2011, 12:16:34 PM »

I do love the clip of Michelle Bachmann dropping that eight year old kid who says "my mommy is gay and she doesn't need fixing" faster than lightning. She looks as though the kid's head just turned 360 degress and he spit fire at her.  I can only imagine how the dumb ass would handle a hot topic in a high powered press conference.

I haven't seen this!  I'll have to find it. ;)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »

Do you have a link?
You can dream…or you can do.

George

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »

I haven't seen this!  I'll have to find it. ;)

Found it...HERE is a clip from "The Joy Behar Show."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Jane!! ;D

Thank you.  I had a fantastic hike this morning.  We (my hiking group) went into an old mining cave almost the length of two football fields.  I was then taken out for hot chocolate.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »

Jane, I was pleased to hear that your swimming is going well. That sounds like significant improvement.

Thank you.  I'm very happy about it.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »

I need to get ready to go to the dentist & do errands.  Keith has a flat tire which Craig is changing for him.    Craig will then drive the car to get the tire fixed or replaced since we have our dentist appointment.

Laters

Jane

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2011, 12:28:55 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your colitis, DR Michael S. I hope you find relief soon.

I suffered damage to my digestive system many years ago as the result of taking so many pain killers. I was searching for some books on the subject when NO MORE HEARTBURN by Sherry Rogers, MD came out. It was a huge help. Dr Rogers offers many suggestions. I tried more than a few and undid most of the damage. To this day I still take glutamine (an amino acid) and DGL, as needed. The book is usually available from Amazon. The title is a misnomer, as the scope of the book is far broader than just heartburn. I recommend it to anyone with digestive ailments.

I need to check out this book.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up