Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: SUSAN GORDON  (Read 8993 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: SUSAN GORDON
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 08:13:36 AM »

I am very sorry to hear about Susan.  She was incredibly sweet to Lyn and me-- not only on the trip when we met her but for long afterward. 

Sad, sad, sad to hear of Susan's passing.

Because of this site, the most popular one on the internet, Susan and I became chums.  We would have nearly nightly chats on aol messenger and we would find travel contests online and enter them together.  At the time of the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy, she and I were actively pursuing the chance to win a trip to New Zealand.  Susan and I spoke telephonically quite a bit in those days as well.  I would also buy Pennsylvania Lottery tickets for her whenever she wanted.

While she was in school she would send me her computer-based projects to comment on.

FINALLY, I met Susan at a Monster Bash in Butler, PA.  this was right after "Jeepers Creepers" was released.  In person, Susan did not disappoint.  Warm, friendly, charismatic, pert and beautiful.  Susan was one of the first inscriptions I acquired on the "Jeepers Creepers" cd booklet.  (She also inscribed my dvds of ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE and BEGINNING OF THE END). 

As always, her inscription was to "Tony Sweetie," her very own nickname for me.

At a later Bash, Susan introduced me to her father, who was making his first appearance at a Monster Bash.

Sad, sad, sad to learn that such a "lovely lady," (me chosen nickname for her) has left this realm.

Bon voyage, Lovely Lady, wherever this next journey takes you. 

LOL, she had a purchase Oregon lottery tickets once.  I had forgotten about that.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 08:17:34 AM »

Betsy and I reminisced about our chats and emails with Susan last night.  Susan used to call Betsy regularly for help with MS Word, of all things.  I remember one nice phone call or maybe AOL chat with JR and Susan when I was trying to get my Farmer-Garland musical off the ground and Susan said she wanted to play Judy's mother.  She also tried for some time to get me to adopt a macrobiotic diet, which I soundly rejected (though I did try a few macrobiotic dishes along the way).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 08:17:52 AM »

I forgot to mention the goggles worked great!  I swam for about an hour staying in the lap lanes the entire time.  It is still difficult for me to turn my head to breathe, as much now due to my left shoulder as my right one.  I stop about half way, where the water is shallow enough to stand, catch some air & continue on.

I need ear plugs that make me deaf, combine that with goggles vs glasses & I have to keep asking people to tell me the time.  Since I can't always hear their response I need them to indicate using their fingers.  It is rather embarrassing.  Don't suggest I take out the ear plug.  I did that today & once wet it doesn't fit back in as well.  I never used to be bothered by water in my ears.

Ha, we should swim together. I also wear ear plugs. I hate getting water in my ears.

I have a bathing cap, goggles, ear plugs, and a nose plug. :)

But I can see without my glasses. And there is a big clock at the shallower end.  I sometimes adjust my ear plugs. Just press the water out.

I haven't been swimming in a month. Just haven't felt 100%. And i really need to feel almost that to swim full out.

I find once I begin exercising I start to feel better.  Our pool has a big clock but it is too far away for me, the wall at the deep end is closer but lacking a clock.  I might leave a cheap watch by the edge of the pool next time. 

I feel better now that I don't need one more additional gadget to swim, meaning nose plugs.  I have thought of getting a cap.  Does it keep your hair dry?  I just come home & wash mine anyway.

Yesterday I squeezed the water out of the ear plug first but it still didn't fit exactly the same & my right ear is bothering me a little today.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 08:21:19 AM »

So sorry to hear about Susan. I had the priviledge of meeting her in NY after The Brain. She seemed very sweet; my condolences to bk and all who loved her.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 08:22:41 AM »

She also tried for some time to get me to adopt a macrobiotic diet, which I soundly rejected (though I did try a few macrobiotic dishes along the way).

A number of years ago we met her in San Francisco with her youngest child.  We ate at a strange vegetarian macrobiotic Kosher restaurant.  We also did some major grocery shopping before driving them into the mountains above Auburn for a macrobiotic camping trip.  She had a great time there while Keith & I drove back down the mountain to spend the night in charming Auburn.

Edisaurus

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 08:23:01 AM »

Jane, I thought of you while watching a dog competition; the Berner won its category.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 08:24:07 AM »

I will probably engender discontent among those in the know here, but I watched MEMPHIS last night (which I must review) and I must say I found Chad Kimball incredibly annoying.  I'm sure he's sweet in person, but that ridiculous patois he did just drove me up the wall.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 08:25:11 AM »

Bruce sent me a "to the point" email about being away from HHW, and I must apologize for my absence, particularly on my birthday where you all left me very wonderful "Happy birthday" posts!

I have been away because I am trying very hard to concentrate on getting my many interviews transcribed. I have almost 30 interviews on audio tape which I need to get completed and sent out to various magazines before all of these people pass away....and since the majority of these interviewees are in their 80s...well...none of us are getting any younger.

HHW and other internet sights are places I tend to spend a lot of time at instead of working on these interviews, so for the time being I am drastically cutting down on my surfing.  I love HHW and all of the DRs here, and I really, really miss checking in to this here sight each day, something I have done for years, but I must get this work done. Once I get a few interviews finished up I will be back, that is for sure!

Jane

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »

I appreciate reading so many memories of my childhood friend.  I now need to write our mutual childhood friend in Israel. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »

Welcome back, MBarnum and Edisaurus. You have both been missed.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 08:28:53 AM »

I really appreciate reading about Susan. Makes me wish I had met someone who touched so many lives in such a warm and positive way. I especially liked td's story about trying to get the trip to New Zealand.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »

Jane, I thought of you while watching a dog competition; the Berner won its category.

That fact was big news on Facebook amongst my Berner friends. :)

John G.

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »

TOD:
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
Suddenly Last Summer
Summer and Smoke (in an otherwise tepid TV remake)
Taming of the Shrew
A Place in the Sun
Jane Eyre
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 08:32:03 AM »

Another photo of Susan, from her very first film role in ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE (pictured with Susan are Jack Kosslyn and John Hoyt).

Edisaurus

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »

I have missed everyone but also had to dive into the current film and have been a hermit. I have been up at my dad's a lot with no internet so do most stuff on my phone where I'm an even worse typist.

Edisaurus

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 08:35:38 AM »

On my way to NY...gotta turn off the phone and not be Alec Baldwin!

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 08:50:17 AM »

Travel vibes for DR Edi - please give my regards to Broadway!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 09:03:58 AM »

It is nice to see you DR Edi.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 09:04:42 AM »

Craig remembers Susan from the time we stayed at her house.  Hard to forget as she was the one with sooo many children-lol.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 09:29:19 AM »

Greetings to DR MBARNUM and DR EDISAURUS!!!

LOL DR JOSE.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »

I, too, am enjoying reading all of the posts about Miss Susan.

Several Facebook'rs are also commenting about her....including Jon Provost.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 09:39:52 AM »

Susan and I played The Miracle Worker together - still one of the most fulfilling and satisfying theatre experiences of my long life. Her passing is a sad and beautiful gift, actually - reminding me not to waste a moment... this is all there is.
PennyO

Jane

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 09:52:40 AM »

Penny yours was the first response, since then I have received many others from our class.  It is nice to have so many memories & kind thoughts though if everyone in our class writes back I will be at the computer all day.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2011, 10:00:02 AM »

Susan and I played The Miracle Worker together - still one of the most fulfilling and satisfying theatre experiences of my long life. Her passing is a sad and beautiful gift, actually - reminding me not to waste a moment... this is all there is.

Indeed DR PENNY O....indeed.

FJL

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »

Seeing so many drop in reminded me that I have much to catch up on. 

Hope i haven't missed any important events for the wonderful people here, as I've been skimming on some days.  I hope to go back and really read when life is calmer between Christmas and New Years.

FJL

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »

Condolences on the passing of Susan.

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2011, 10:20:35 AM »

Greetings from Cincinnati's Apple Store at Kenwood Towne Center!  We're here for the geniuses to figure out how to get a CD out of Richard's MacBook.  His appointment was for 15 minutes ago...

I've already been to the Vera Bradley store to exchange some items that I bought for a gift - the exchange gave me more suitable items in better colors and $4.94 cash back!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2011, 10:23:32 AM »

I'm up - took forever to fall asleep last night, but I know I got seven hours somehow.  The sun is out today, so I guess I will get out there and jog shortly.

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2011, 10:24:27 AM »

I'm playing with a 21.5 inch desktop Mac.  The screen is huge!

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »

This place is BUSY for a Tuesday afternoon!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up