Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A STRANGE EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR  (Read 8028 times)

Ginny

Re: A STRANGE EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »

This runs a little long, but I thought DR Elmore, especially, would like to see it.  It's the Middletown city employees' holiday video, featuring many familiar faces.  The police detective in the yellow tie is the husband of a friend of mine and the city attorney played Charlie Brown when I played Lucy:

My Town Holiday Video
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »

And you don't think he's still assaying the role?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 09:05:55 AM »

From DR Jrand:
DR JANE - I loved your story of your reconnection with Susan!!! 

It was funny.  I think we were both surprised we briefly stared at each other.  After that we had a mini reunion at Roxbury Park.  Penny was there along with other friends I called & some that Susan called.  We both got to see people we hadn't seen in a long time.  Keith was there too.

Jane

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 09:06:45 AM »

DR Ginny, nice wrapping table.  It reminds me I need to wrap the few gifts I'm giving.

Jane

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 09:09:32 AM »

From DR Jennifer:
DR Jane, I finally found someone who lives in Canada who is answering my kindle questions.  I found a kindle group on goodreads. And goodreads allows you to actually email the person (vs amazon where there were tons of people in Canada i just cannot figure out a way to just email the person).

Perfect!  I have too many books at the moment or I would explore the current one you are reading.  I wish my ebook library queue had the ability to put a hold on the holds like my regular library queue does.

Jane

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »

Sometimes the "like" button on Facebook is used in my opinion in poor taste. I am sure they didn't mean that way, but it sure looked like it at first. DR MBarnum posted that Susan Gordon had passed and his remembrances of the time they knew each other, At least two peopled "liked" the posting, but it seems to me that it makes it look like that they liked that Susan had died. Maybe I'm being over sensative, but couldn't they have just posted something instead?

I know what you mean.  FB truly needs a dislike or unhappy or sad button.

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 09:12:54 AM »

DR Ginny, nice wrapping table.  It reminds me I need to wrap the few gifts I'm giving.

Thanks, DR Jane!  I spent several hours at that table last night - cleaning, sorting, and getting 3 packages ready to take to the post office today.  Next project:  getting dear niece/goddaughter Lauren's graduation and Christmas presents ready to deliver at her open house on Saturday.  Also, I need to wrap some presents to put under the tree, because the only ones there right now are for me.  Santa Richard has been busy....
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »

DR Elmore - I hope your fond memories of your Dad sustain you today.  {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Well said so DITTO from me.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 09:16:48 AM »

Sometimes the "like" button on Facebook is used in my opinion in poor taste. I am sure they didn't mean that way, but it sure looked like it at first. DR MBarnum posted that Susan Gordon had passed and his remembrances of the time they knew each other, At least two peopled "liked" the posting, but it seems to me that it makes it look like that they liked that Susan had died. Maybe I'm being over sensative, but couldn't they have just posted something instead?

I am sometimes unsure whether to "like" a posting like the one you described. But in this case i think they were "liking" his remembering of a wonderful lady.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 09:18:53 AM »

From DR Jennifer:
DR Jane, I finally found someone who lives in Canada who is answering my kindle questions.  I found a kindle group on goodreads. And goodreads allows you to actually email the person (vs amazon where there were tons of people in Canada i just cannot figure out a way to just email the person).

Perfect!  I have too many books at the moment or I would explore the current one you are reading.  I wish my ebook library queue had the ability to put a hold on the holds like my regular library queue does.

I'm not sure that DIVERGENT would be your cup of tea anyways. But I would recommend it DR JMK's wife as she loved the Hunger Games (if i remember correctly). If you liked the Hunger Games I think you would like Divergent.

Jane

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 09:19:17 AM »

DR Ann posted this on her FB wall this morning.
ER trip at 2 am = admitted In the hospital again. Possibly for a few days. Possibly for surgery. Saying things about a diverticulum causing a partially obstructed bowel. Hurts like a mother. Oh joy.

VIBES FOR DR ANN!!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 09:20:12 AM »

DR Elmore, ditto to what DRs Jane and Ginny wrote. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 09:20:47 AM »

Vibes for DR Ann. Poor girl ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 09:21:34 AM »

DR Jane, so far the woman from Canada with a kindle is really helping me. She suggested a few things that i had already thought of. But when you don't know for sure, it is so much better to have an actual person tell you.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 09:25:59 AM »

"The Pipes of Pansy."

I must assume this is the sequel to Chee-Chee.

You're old enough to know what happens to those who assume. "The Pipes of Pansy" did not end up in CHEE-CHEE, although it could have. It was a song that Rodgers & Hart tried to put into the scores for at least four shows - SHE'S MY BABY, DEAREST ENEMY, PEGGY-ANN, and THE GIRL FRIEND - and only out-of-yown audiences ever heard it. I don't think the song's ever been recorded.

This was another of my brilliant attempts at humor.  Castration.  Pansy.  Get it?

One's a surgical prcedure, the other's slang or a slur term for a less-than-masculine-appearing man. Don't get it.

It's been my understanding that castrati aren't the butchest guys around.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »

Oh dear! Poor Ann! Vibes she has a quick recovery!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2011, 09:27:19 AM »

DR Jane, so far the woman from Canada with a kindle is really helping me. She suggested a few things that i had already thought of. But when you don't know for sure, it is so much better to have an actual person tell you.

So true.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2011, 09:41:01 AM »

I have had many warm responses from my school classmates regarding the sad news of Susan.  Flip Mark, as I knew, was very affected by the news.  He sent us a photo of Flip & Susan together at an autograph show.  I believe she encouraged him to do the show with her.  After we graduated high school they went on the World Campus Afloat together.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 09:51:30 AM »

Maybe it'll kick in next week.
I'm thinking after the first of the year.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2011, 09:52:18 AM »

Vibes for DR ANN!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »

I have had many warm responses from my school classmates regarding the sad news of Susan.  Flip Mark, as I knew, was very affected by the news.  He sent us a photo of Flip & Susan together at an autograph show.  I believe she encouraged him to do the show with her.  After we graduated high school they went on the World Campus Afloat together.

Memories are precious.

John G.

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2011, 09:55:23 AM »

Happy vibes for Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »

Memories are precious.

Betsy and I spent quite a while yesterday reminiscing about our chats with Susan.  She was such a sweetheart.

Jane, how old is her youngest child?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »

Memories are precious.

Yes they are, good ones anyway. :)

Jane

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2011, 10:10:25 AM »

Memories are precious.

Betsy and I spent quite a while yesterday reminiscing about our chats with Susan.  She was such a sweetheart.

Jane, how old is her youngest child?

I'm thinking he recently graduated high school, close to that age anyway though I could be completely off.  Definately too young to be losing his mother & they were very close.

John G.

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »

ER trip at 2 am = admitted In the hospital again. Possibly for a few days. Possibly for surgery. Saying things about a diverticulum causing a partially obstructed bowel. Hurts like a mother. Oh joy.

VIBES FOR DR ANN!!!!
Vibes for Ann
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2011, 11:05:41 AM »

DR Elmore - I hope your fond memories of your Dad sustain you today.  {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

~~~Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »

VIBES FOR DR ANN!!!!

~~~EVEN MORE VIBES FOR DR ANN!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »

Back from the Cinerama Dome - very interesting.  They'd found five small reels of 70mm Scent Of Mystery (they have found a complete 70mm print of the original version but it's completely faded and has no sound).  The first reel was the opening of the film, but the mag track had been erased or what they call degaussed.  Even completely faded, it looked amazing, but it was no different than the Holiday in Spain opening.  However, at the end of that reel was one of the cut scenes.  Then there was a second reel of reel one and that did have sound and so that missing scene can either be cut back in the film or included as an extra should this ever actually get released.  I've spoken about the possibility of us releasing it and I was about to write that proposal when my dear friend Nick Redman's partner in Twilight Time did his own - this does not make me happy and I do not like unnecessary gluttony (and I'm sure Nick doesn't know) - they have hundreds of titles to release and don't need something as marginal as Holiday In Spain for heaven's sake.  I'll be talking to Nick about this later.  The rest of the reels' sound had also been degaussed - and there was only one other missing scene so that could be included sans sound - plus one of the reels had the original intermission point (it was changed to a much worse place in Holiday In Spain) and it had the original intermission card, so that will get transferred to.

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »

Vibes for DR Ann!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up