Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NIGHT OF THE LIVING DO  (Read 11494 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE NIGHT OF THE LIVING DO
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »

Page three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2011, 12:04:27 PM »

Watching "The Mikado." Not a great movie, as has been hashed over in the pages earlier this year, but I enjoy it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2011, 12:33:27 PM »

Watching "The Mikado." Not a great movie, as has been hashed over in the pages earlier this year, but I enjoy it.

Is this the one with Martyn Green and Kenny Baker?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »

Yes.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2011, 01:22:13 PM »

Film over and I got most of my wrapping done during it. I love the cotton candy colors. It's just silliness. I would rather they had filmed the original, but I'll take this.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2011, 01:44:21 PM »

Agh. I have to run to the grocery. This will not be pretty.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »

Got the present, did the jog, and have begun cooking.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »

HAPPY FIFTH NIGHT OF HANNUKAH
!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2011, 02:04:15 PM »

BK, I am sure the cooks among us will verify this, but I had no clew until Betsy told me this the other night:  I had helped her chop some garlic and, like you yesterday, reeked of it.  She brought me over a stainless steel spoon and told me to wipe my hands on it, which I found rather odd.  But it actually removes the smell from your hands!

If you have a stainless steel sink and/or faucet, you can also rub your wet hands and fingers on those too to neutralize the odors. It works for onion hands too. -I do find it kind of "funny" that you can buy stainless steel "soap bars" for the same purpose.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »

DR Ginny - Schön runner.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »

*I have no idea if "table runner" in German is masculine, feminine or neutral. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I guess as Raymond Babbitt would say: "You're a good driver."

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »

Driving off to Wales now to spend Christmas at my sister's house.

Will Dylan Thomas be in attendance too?

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »

Yes... I spent too much time at the mall today...

Moving on...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

"A Christmas Story"
"Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol"

Strangely enough, since we were required to watch it in high school, I still can't really enjoy "It's A Wonderful Life".
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2011, 02:28:56 PM »

I forgot "Mr. Magoo." Great cartoon.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2011, 02:32:51 PM »

In other news...

I got up early this morning - and 9:00am is "early" for me lately - and proceeded to get ready for a few hours of visiting and quasi-last-minute Christmas shopping.

My first stop was Sidewalk Cafe to have Christmas Eve breakfast with Edwina, a.k.a. The Greatest Waitress in the World! It was a great visit. It was a lot quieter this morning than when I stopped in last weekend, so we got to chat for a bit. She has about a month left of work before she goes in for her knee replacement surgery the first week of February. This will be her second set of "new knees". It turns out that she started selling some "Sunday Funday at The Sidewalk Cafe" t-shirts she had designed to help pay for her surgery and other expenses. I had wanted to buy one, but she ended up giving me one for Christmas. She also treated me to breakfast this morning too. Needless to say, I will be slipping a few extra dollars to her daughter, Marissa (a.k.a. The Keeper and "Hider" of the Funds), next week. And most likely the week after too.

It was very heartwarming to see a couple of her other customers/regulars/"children"/"babies" - I'm one of her "babies" - buying t-shirts this morning and sharing a Christmas hug with her while trying to discreetly pass on some extra funds to her. She really is a Great Lady. It's hard to believe that she's 64! She still looks as good and as beautiful as she did when we met 25 years ago. The biggest sign that we've both gotten older: her daughter, Marissa. I still remember Marissa coming into the restaurant after school, and doing her gradeschool homework at the bar between the lunch and dinner shifts. -And then she started working at Stella's when she was in high school. And now she's 32. Time really does fly. But in a good way.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »

Merry Christmas Eve, all. And have a wonderful launch into Christmas Day.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »

Hmm...

I can't tell if it's my MacBook, the board or the internet doing weird things right now. I'm getting a "web page not able to load" message every now and then. Well... I guess I'll just keep posting for now.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2011, 02:38:04 PM »

After breakfast, I then proceeded to run a few errands. The main post office in Richmond was surprisingly not mobbed. I also decided to head to one of the malls for my annual "Watching of the Last Minute Shoppers". The mall was not too bad either. I walked around a bit, and picked a few stocking stuffers for my nieces and nephew, as well as some practical presents for my parents. Then I decided to check out Target, which was also surprisingly not too busy. In fact, there were cashiers standing at the "top" of the lines saying "I can take you right now if you're ready". And then once I realized that my eyes were glazing over, I headed home.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2011, 02:38:22 PM »

And now I need to wrap some presents, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »

Or the one with Kevin Spacey as Ko-Ko, The Lord High Executioner of Titipu?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2011, 03:14:58 PM »

In other news...

I got up early this morning - and 9:00am is "early" for me lately - and proceeded to get ready for a few hours of visiting and quasi-last-minute Christmas shopping.

My first stop was Sidewalk Cafe to have Christmas Eve breakfast with Edwina, a.k.a. The Greatest Waitress in the World! It was a great visit. It was a lot quieter this morning than when I stopped in last weekend, so we got to chat for a bit. She has about a month left of work before she goes in for her knee replacement surgery the first week of February. This will be her second set of "new knees". It turns out that she started selling some "Sunday Funday at The Sidewalk Cafe" t-shirts she had designed to help pay for her surgery and other expenses. I had wanted to buy one, but she ended up giving me one for Christmas. She also treated me to breakfast this morning too. Needless to say, I will be slipping a few extra dollars to her daughter, Marissa (a.k.a. The Keeper and "Hider" of the Funds), next week. And most likely the week after too.

It was very heartwarming to see a couple of her other customers/regulars/"children"/"babies" - I'm one of her "babies" - buying t-shirts this morning and sharing a Christmas hug with her while trying to discreetly pass on some extra funds to her. She really is a Great Lady. It's hard to believe that she's 64! She still looks as good and as beautiful as she did when we met 25 years ago. The biggest sign that we've both gotten older: her daughter, Marissa. I still remember Marissa coming into the restaurant after school, and doing her gradeschool homework at the bar between the lunch and dinner shifts. -And then she started working at Stella's when she was in high school. And now she's 32. Time really does fly. But in a good way.

But Jose, she is only 64!
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2011, 03:18:36 PM »

Well, I must be off to play the first Christmas Eve service, after which we're supping with our Rabbi (we're nothing if not eclectic), after which I will return to play the second Christmas Eve service.  Is Santa this busy?  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2011, 03:35:59 PM »

After breakfast, I then proceeded to run a few errands. The main post office in Richmond was surprisingly not mobbed. I also decided to head to one of the malls for my annual "Watching of the Last Minute Shoppers". The mall was not too bad either. I walked around a bit, and picked a few stocking stuffers for my nieces and nephew, as well as some practical presents for my parents. Then I decided to check out Target, which was also surprisingly not too busy. In fact, there were cashiers standing at the "top" of the lines saying "I can take you right now if you're ready". And then once I realized that my eyes were glazing over, I headed home.

I used to do all my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve.  I started doing in mainly because we always got paid on Christmas Eve, so there was money in my account.  I woudl get up very early and get to the Mall by 6:00 or 7:00 eat breakfast until the stores opened, then got in and out with my list, and I would be heading back home by 9:00 a.m.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2011, 03:47:23 PM »

*I have no idea if "table runner" in German is masculine, feminine or neutral. ::)

Neither do we, we only saw the top of it.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2011, 03:52:17 PM »

Well, I must be off to play the first Christmas Eve service, after which we're supping with our Rabbi (we're nothing if not eclectic), after which I will return to play the second Christmas Eve service.  Is Santa this busy?  :)

Have fun DR JMK - throw in some Sergio if you can.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »

I hate writing piano parts! So I've stopped for the night. I have to decide on what I'm giving my goddaughter's mother tomorrow: which of the two books will I give her?

I ran to the market for milk and a few items. When I was told the amount was $35.72, i made them add it again. I still lost. Oy!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up