Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A DAY AND NIGHT ON THE TELEPHONIC DEVICE  (Read 7374 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: A DAY AND NIGHT ON THE TELEPHONIC DEVICE
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »

I believe BK's former fling Susan Dey is the guest star on a repeat THE CLOSER.  She appears to have had some not very flattering work done.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »

I am trying to contain my excitement over just having received a screener for THE SCORPION KING 3.  Oy and vey.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2011, 01:02:16 PM »

I think we will either see TIN TIN or HUGO this afternoon/evening.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »

I say take the Marines out of Nicaragua.

And the dough boys out of France!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2011, 01:25:54 PM »

We loved HUGO!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »

In case your collection of French cast albums isn't complete:

http://dctheatrescene.com/2011/12/28/musicals-b-french-composers/
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2011, 02:20:25 PM »

Someone in this building is baking something good: I don't know if it's cookies or a pie, but I can smell the spices and I'm debating knocking down a door. Hopefully, it's Pixie below me and she'll bring me some tupperware filled with something good.

The news is on. Just how much do I detest that moron Michele Bachmann? I hate to wish anyone something really bad, but I do wish an act of nature - tsunami, stroke, falling log, a burst of intelligence -  would terminate her existence.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2011, 02:37:20 PM »

We have a big date planned for tonight - shopping at Target and dinner at Olive Garden.  Richard was given a gift certificate for Olive Garden in appreciation for his honor guard work and we're pretty sick of eating Christmas ham and turkey.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »

Bye for now!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »

A shame if Susan had work - can someone post a pic?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »

I went to Jerry's Deli, where apparently it was food nightmare day.  This they did not tell me.  I ordered matzo brei.  They were out of matzo brei.  Strike one.  I ordered two scoops of egg salad, a toasted sesame bagel and cream cheese, and a side of cole slaw.  I took five bites of the egg salad and had to stop since in addition to the egg salad they'd included some nice egg shell bits - that right there made me want to vomit on the ground.  I told my waitress - and also told her the cole slaw was inedible.  I then said just to bring me some onion rings.  Five of those disgusting things and I was done.  I kept hoping I'd find one that tasted good.  Whoever today's chef was should be axed.  The waitress, one of my regulars, seemed aware that the kitchen was not doing a great job - I was not charged for anything - I left her a three-dollar tip and left, still wanting to vomit on the ground.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2011, 02:54:40 PM »

Someone in this building is baking something good: I don't know if it's cookies or a pie, but I can smell the spices and I'm debating knocking down a door. Hopefully, it's Pixie below me and she'll bring me some tupperware filled with something good.

The news is on. Just how much do I detest that moron Michele Bachmann? I hate to wish anyone something really bad, but I do wish an act of nature - tsunami, stroke, falling log, a burst of intelligence -  would terminate her existence.
She will bring that upon herself eventually. No need to add any outside forces.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2011, 02:57:02 PM »

Then I came home, hooked up my old computer, called Apple, transferred the Apple Care to the new owner (only three months left on it), then got a tech on the phone about deleting my stuff.  He made it VERY simple - instead of me deleting all the stuff one by one, he had me set up the new owner's account (I left the password blank so the new owner can set up a password), then we simply nuked my account off the computer completely.  This wiped out everything - it took about ten minutes in all, and I have to say after doing it everything was working incredibly fast, so something was definitely corrupt in my stuff or the way the computer was interacting with it.  Since all that stuff is on my current computer and not impeding anything, something was awry but I know not what.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2011, 03:05:21 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... We held today's curtain for 16(!!!!) minutes due to a couple who refused to give up/change their seats when they were asked to do so by the House Manager in order to accommodate a patron in a wheelchair. Our Stage Manager eventually had to inform the patrons that "according to Virginia State Law" that they would have to move. They eventually did. Of course, their new seats were just two seats over in the same row since they box office builds that "emergency seating" into the system should an ADA seating request not be made in advance.

And, of course, since we had quite a full house today (a good thing), the intermission ran long too (a bad thing). I didn't leave the stage after playing the final notes of the Bows and Exit Music until 5:22pm!?!?!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »

Then I came home, hooked up my old computer, called Apple, transferred the Apple Care to the new owner (only three months left on it), then got a tech on the phone about deleting my stuff.  He made it VERY simple - instead of me deleting all the stuff one by one, he had me set up the new owner's account (I left the password blank so the new owner can set up a password), then we simply nuked my account off the computer completely.  This wiped out everything - it took about ten minutes in all, and I have to say after doing it everything was working incredibly fast, so something was definitely corrupt in my stuff or the way the computer was interacting with it.  Since all that stuff is on my current computer and not impeding anything, something was awry but I know not what.

bk - How much free space did you have on your old hard drive? If you have less than 100MB, that can slow down your system. -Which is why I keep an external drive for my iTunes and iPhoto libraries.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »

And now I'm realizing that there's no table service in the lobby of The Jefferson Hotel today. Guess I should shift to the bar if I want a bite to eat.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... We held today's curtain for 16(!!!!) minutes due to a couple who refused to give up/change their seats when they were asked to do so by the House Manager in order to accommodate a patron in a wheelchair. Our Stage Manager eventually had to inform the patrons that "according to Virginia State Law" that they would have to move. They eventually did. Of course, their new seats were just two seats over in the same row since they box office builds that "emergency seating" into the system should an ADA seating request not be made in advance.

Yikes!  I'm glad that I wasn't ushering there.  I hate it when stuff like that happens.  Fortunately, it doesn't happen very offen [sic] at all.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 03:30:04 PM »

And... I'm now sitting in TJ's, and I have placed my order for their Black Angus Burger (medium) with Bleu Cheese, and French Fries.

-Just in case you wanted to know that.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »

However...

Hopefully, the new owner doesn't have high end disk recovery software. An "4x" or "10x" swipe is usually advised when transferring a computer to a new owner, or discarding it to prevent someone from "rebuilding" your hard drive. ...Just in case.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2011, 04:04:50 PM »

And...

The hamburger has been consumed, and I shall be heading back to the theatre for tonight's show. Hopefully, we won't have to hold the curtain again.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2011, 04:06:46 PM »

Had a busy day. I went to the Greenmarket for fresh apples and pears and some goodies from Baker's Bounty (their last day until February). Then we did other errands and then I defrosted the freezer and Anthony took care of electronic errands. We will go shopping tomorrow morning so we can begin the new year with a full pantry.

I may see Muppet Movie on Friday if my friend's schedule works out.

Only a few days left of my vacation. I go back to work on Tuesday January 3rd. I'm too young to retire.

Bye.

Ben

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »

A friend (the one with whom I may see The Muppet Movie) got a new computer also. He has already dis-assembled the old tower. I forgot to mention to him that he should have wiped the hard drive. It's not something he would think of doing. I hope he doesn't just give the parts away. Oh, well.

FJL

« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »

Jose - Was it something like the couple's seats were on an aisle, while the seats they were being relocated to were  not on an aisle?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2011, 05:14:33 PM »

I don't understand the Apple Time Machine that MR BK is talking about.  I don't know if PC's have such an animal......

The only Time Machine I care about is the one with Rod Taylor.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »

Quote from: JMK on December 27, 2011, 12:08:29 PM

Today's The Times They Are A-Changin' Rant:  When I was being raised, we were taught that the "t" in often was silent, and in fact I knew a guy who was working on his Master's Degree at the same time I was working on mine who did a thesis on the different "classes" of people who pronounced the word variously with the "t" silent or not.  In those days (early 80s), saying the "t" was a sign of a less "privileged" socioeconomic upbringing, at least according to this guy's research.  In the ensuing years, things have changed and it's harder and harder to find anyone who pronounces "often" without saying the "t."

DR TCB wrote:
Canadians have always used the "t."

Actually we don't pronounce the "t" here.  Or at least I don't. Some others here might. I say "offen".

Perhaps it is only in British Columbia.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »

OTOH, our HP printer works mostly fine all of the time.  It was our Lexmark that was the nightmare.

I have never had a problem with any HP printer.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2011, 05:30:25 PM »

I picked up my mail at the post office today.  I had an hour of "use or lose" vacation time so I was able to get there before closing.   One of the packages contained Melody's CD and The People in the Picture.   Looking forward to listening to them both.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »

I think I shall spend today reading the works of the famed Ezra Kilogram.

Is that your punishment for giving bad clues?
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2011, 05:32:33 PM »

I watched some more of the Kennedy Center Honors ( I only saw the Meryl Streep tribute last night).  Loved the Barbara Cook segment and especially Rebecca Luker and Kelli O'Hara.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2011, 05:35:59 PM »

One more post.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up