Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: SUCCESS D'ESTIME  (Read 60481 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:SUCCESS D'ESTIME
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2003, 08:10:38 PM »

Whoa too many bells and whistles.  I keep saying to myself -- I enjoy change....  Change is a good thing...

Do what many of us have done:

Take one bell and one whistle at a time!  Don't try to catch up all at once.

Mark Bakalor will answer any question you have about how to do a specific thing if you ask him at the Technical forum.

Experimentation is the key to much of it.

Laura II

« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2003, 08:14:27 PM »

DR MDS, I understood your reference, too, but unfortunately, I wasn't here earlier. I'm sorry! I must admit, I smiled when I came to your post, and I began to hum "Food, Glorious Food."  :)
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2003, 08:16:51 PM »

Good evening, folks. It's been a busy and difficult week here. Today was my mother's funeral service.

I look forward to investigating everything here when things calm down.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Michael

« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2003, 08:21:33 PM »

I can't give Karma to TCB until I post 25 times. I am getting there and I promise one I get there I will give him the Karma he deserves. Thank you Laura II for also noticing. I try to post things that average person won't get. That is why everone here is above average and we are all so vrey special.
Never stop dreaming.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2003, 08:21:59 PM »

Dear Reader Laura--

My condolences to you on the loss of your dear mother.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Michael

« Reply #215 on: October 23, 2003, 08:23:05 PM »

DearReaderLaura. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. I must have missed the earlier postings. My thoughts and prayers are with you on this most difficult time.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2003, 08:25:21 PM »

Here is a picture of Jason Graae and Liz Callaway together! Jason told me that he didn't have any pictures of them together! I was so glad I was able to do this and I thought that I would share it with my fellow DR at HHW

I tried again and this time it worked. Look below!!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 08:27:34 PM by MDS »
Never stop dreaming.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2003, 08:26:24 PM »

My name is Arnold but I'm not Palmer
But I preyed and prayed and got my Karma.

Michael

« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2003, 08:26:51 PM »

Damn! I did it before and I know I can do it again. Try #2

[attachment deleted by admin]
Never stop dreaming.

Laura II

« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2003, 08:31:49 PM »

DR Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2003, 08:36:09 PM »

Now, that's what I'M talkin' about.  Over two hundred posts and the evening is young, in fact the evening is younger than I am.  I am entirely jiggy with this new board.  For just two days I feel we have all adjusted rather splendidly.  I do know we will probably lose a dear reader or two out of stubbornness and an unwillingness to bend, and that is too bad.  I did everything I could to make this as friendly as possible, but some people just don't have the ability to put aside their stubborn nature.  So be it.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2003, 08:37:42 PM »

Well I am back from NINE..  What a treat to see Ms. Luker sing.. and that Sarah Gettelfinger ain't no slouch either!!  Kudos to all the ladies of NINE. Sitting 2 rows up from me was none other than Chita Rivera. You remember Chita, Bruce - from our dinner at Joe Allen.  Well.. I asked Chita at intermission if she was having a good time and if it was weird being in the audience. She gave me a smile and said yes.. and gave Eartha Kitt the thumbs up. She was also the first to her feet for Ms. Kitt at the curtain call.

I also had the pleasure of sitting a few seats away from Mr. Fillichia from TheaterMania, who I shared a delightful conversation with at intermission as well. Peter sends his best to you, Bruce..

More later.. I must get Juliana's Journal up!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2003, 08:48:10 PM »

For the DR who was asking about SMALLVILLE, I watched my recording of Wednesday's episode tonight, but I have forgotten what you wanted to know about it. BTW, I believe the WB is repeating the entire series now on Sundays rather than the previous week's episode. According to my cable guide a couple of weeks ago at the start of the new season, they began with the pilot that Sunday.

DR Ron, thanks for the serenade earlier tonight.

It's:  Come along and follow me
         To the bottom of the sea
         We'll join in the jamboree
         At the codfish ball.

I AM going to be calling you soon. I had to get over my flu to have a voice with which to talk.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2003, 08:59:09 PM »

A NEW Triple Juliana's Journal was just uploaded... Enjoy!!!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2003, 08:59:19 PM »

Is food still being discussed? How about Hungarian food? A Wooden Plate -- which has everything you can think of on it. Huge! Yummy. There used to be a wonderful Hungarian restaurant in Studio City - The Hortobagy. I don't think it's there anymore. Shame. Are there other Hungarian restaurants of note in LA?
I'm SO looking forward to being back. There seem to be a number of interesting job possibilities - which may or may not happen. But it's nice to know that I'll be there to explore them.
Question: What happened to Swishy Sarah? I think I missed something.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 09:22:18 PM by Panni »

td

• td
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2003, 09:16:59 PM »

While we're on the subject of Jason Graae, here's a reminder of Saturday night in Pittsburgh . . .

As soon as I have finished off the roll, I'll post a picture of my dinner/concert companions and I enjoying ourselves before the show at www.redfinblues.com

[attachment deleted by admin]
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Laura II

« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2003, 09:20:32 PM »

Thanks for the new entry of Juliana's journal! I really enjoyed it, as usual.

DR Panni--I do believe that Sarah's parents are not allowing her to post on the board until her algebra grade improves. She's also not allowed to chat on AIM. It's sad because we usually talk often, and I miss her, as we all do.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2003, 09:28:43 PM »

...I wonder who the last poster will be....

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2003, 09:32:40 PM »

Laura II - Thanks for letting me know what happened to Swishy. I think I was a bad parent - or maybe a really good one. I never did anything like that to my daughter. In my opinion, all it builds is resentment, not good grades. Anyway, they're HER grades. They should allow her to make the choice of how much time to spend studying and how much on HHW. You make the wrong choice, you live with the consequences. That's what builds character. (i'm talking about an older kid. Obviously, you don't say to a three-year-old "Step into traffic and see what happens." Unless you're Mrs. Kritzer, of course.)
BTW - I tried to put "her" in italics by highlighting the word and clicking on the Italics icon, but what I got was: . Why?
And then I tried to underline, using the same method and got: . Again...why? I finally just put the word in caps, which makes it seem like I'm shouting "HER grades"....

Laura II

« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2003, 09:37:15 PM »

Panni--I know you weren't shouting. :) Btw, I think there was a question about the italics earlier, but I do not know the answer to your question. What I do know is that we all hope Sarah comes back soon!

Laura II

« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2003, 09:41:48 PM »

Panni, I think I came up with the answer about italics and underlining. You need to highlight the word you'd like to italicize or underline, and they you press the button. Your word needs to fall within those symbols. testing hello

Laura II

« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2003, 09:42:21 PM »

All right, that worked, so there's the answer! :)

Jed

« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2003, 10:27:20 PM »

MDS - Just because we don't comment on a reference, that does not at all mean we didn't catch said reference.  I'm sure there were many of us (if not most) among the HHW crowd who certainly caught your joke, but just didn't respond to it.

Panni - Yes, as Laura II said, the key is to get the text you wish to have bold/italicized/underlined/whatever in between the commands.  The "type-highlight-special function" instructions don't work for me either.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2003, 10:30:08 PM »

Using the buttons is simple - highlight the word, press the button and POST.  It doesn't show up until you POST.  In other words you have the hieroglyphics until you POST.  If you want to see what it REALLY looks like BEFORE you post, hit PREVIEW.  This has been a public service announcement from bk.

Jed

« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2003, 10:33:56 PM »

Have to disagree with you here, BK.  While highlighting the text and clicking the button seems to work for you, for some of us it doesn't.  Even after posting, using that method gives us the commands sitting there like so much fish after the text we intend to alter.  For those of us for whom that is the case, we must make sure that our text in enclosed within the commands.

Jed

« Reply #235 on: October 23, 2003, 10:38:17 PM »

Ron Pulliam - Did I miss something in my unseemly errant and truant-ness of the past month?  I thought you lived in Oakland, and yet I just saw your pin placed in South Carolina on the member map.  I seem to remember SC being your homeland, but did you move back there recently?

And good to see that WFO has finally found dry land!  Of course, he may have been enjoying himself off the eastern coast of Africa...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 10:40:25 PM by Jed »

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #236 on: October 23, 2003, 10:42:15 PM »

Highlighting the text and clicking the desired function button will work for most members but clearly not for all. For instance, it doesn't seem to work with Netscape browsers. Making sure the [ ] and [/ ] tags are surrounding the text you are trying to effect will indeed do the trick. Feel free to test away on the button testing free for all on the tech support board!

Jason

« Reply #237 on: October 23, 2003, 10:49:59 PM »

I'm here! I don't know that I'll be the last poster of the evening, but I'm here now, and that's what counts. This has been a horribly long day, which began with me nearly blowing my top and quitting my job at MTI.

Remember Vanessa--the 20-year old Dragon Lady who thinks she's my boss and treats me like shite? Well, for the last two days, she's gotten back into her "I'm your boss...I'm going to tell you what to do like you're a 4-year old and you'll do it" mode and I'm fed up with it. Even the office manager is following her orders! What's that about?!?! She talks to me like I've never filed a paper in my life (remember, I've been there FILING for nearly a year) and when I give her a bit of attitude in return you'd think I'd slapped her across the face with my glove--like they used to in the olden days when they'd say, "Dartagnion...how dare you!" (Oh! A GUFFMAN reference). Anyway, for the last two days, the other two temps have been filing HER stuff (imagine a pile of papers about an inch thick divided between two people. It should be about two hours' work--tops) and I've been stuck sorting, alphabetizing and filing all the documents for amateur licensing (imagine a stack of papers quite literally eight inches high. We have over 40,000 amateur files, and I'm apparently stuck with all of them) and she's in the kitchen, sauntering around getting tea and stopping here and there to chat and then she gets on her cell phone and saunters about like she's the Queen Bee and we're all her drones--me especially--and she talks and talks and talks, and from time to time she can be found on her throne at her desk, pretending to flip through papers. Then she finds piles of papers and files and throws them down on the table in front of me, tells me what to do with them (I think I have a WONDERFUL idea of what to do with them) and she walks away.

I rarely use this word in a serious way to describe anyone, but this girl is the epitome of the word BITCH. There, I've said it and I won't apologize for it. She's a bitch and I'm tired of her Dominican attitude. Stupid girl doesn't even know that Louisville is in Kentucky--she thinks it's in Tennessee. Now, I can understand if people genuinely don't know their geography, but when it's written on a piece of paper in front of you and you STILL don't know where it is, that's pretty stupid. And this girl wants to be a lawyer!?!? Dios mio, ayudeme!

And now I will step down off my soapbox.

Joy: I loved the chainsaw thing. How funny!

MDS: I got the OLIVER thing right off. I probably wouldn't have mentioned it, but I am mentioning it because you wanted us to.

DR Laura: You and your family are still in my prayers. I'll get your package in the mail ASAP.

MBarnum: Pickled pigs feet? And you CRAVED THEM?!?! I'm from Kentucky and I've never even had those. For such a handsome man, you sho' do have an interesting taste for food. ;)

Chinese: General Tso's Chicken; Chicken Fried Rice from Ollie's Noodle Shop on 44th Street between B'way and 8th.

Italian: Chicken Parm with angel hair pasta, garlic bread galore and a nice salad.

Mexican: Beef tacos (strips of beef are great, but ground will do), chicken tacos, and my very favorite: Beef Chimichangas!!!

English: Shepherd's Pie with a hot cross bun or shortbread biscuit.

French: Umm...I don't know from French food, I'm afraid. :\ Francois: Teach me.

Greek: Dunno from that, either.

Good old Amuricun: Fried chicken with mashed taters (with gravy, of course), corn, green beans, homemade biscuits (with gravy, of course) and pumpkin pie.

Mark, Russell, Craig, BK and whoever else may have worked on this here site: Kudos to you all. I love, love, love it.

Laura II

« Reply #238 on: October 23, 2003, 10:53:32 PM »

just a reminder, you can always preview the post before you actually post it so that you can see if your additions work.

Jason

« Reply #239 on: October 23, 2003, 10:57:39 PM »

Whoever gave me karma: Thanks! :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up