Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: SUCCESS D'ESTIME  (Read 60221 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:SUCCESS D'ESTIME
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2003, 09:30:51 AM »

French: Steak au poivre, cassoulets, just about anything in a sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!

Italian: Where to begin? Tortellini w/meat sauce; spaghetti carbonara; pesto linguini; all sorts of anti-pasta; lasagna; etc., etc.

English: Yorkshire pudding with a nice roast

Greek: Oh!  My taste buds!!!  Moussaka, souvlaki, grape leaves stuffed, retsina, ouzo....ooh!

Chinese: Anything Szechuan!!! Egg drop soup; won ton soup; dim sum.

Y'all...I just had my brekkie -- a bacon/egg sandwich with a can of V-8.  But I'm still hungry.  FEED ME!  (Oh! A LSOH reference!)

So many folks are experimenting away and GOOD ON 'EM!  It's great to see the features of this board being revealed in all the messages.  I'll probably e-mail a few of you from time to time to ask you you did something.

Which reminds me, I have a tech question I'll have to yaw over to the other board to bring up.

Have a great Thursday!  Be talkin' to you.

S. Woody...continue der Brucer's bad day, please!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 11:09:36 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2003, 09:34:34 AM »

Janice Rule played Madge (the pretty one) in the original Broadway production of Picnic.

I liked her a lot as the stuck up girlfriend of James Stewart in the movie version of Bell, Book, and Candle

She also was one of the titular Doctors Wives   :P
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 09:35:02 AM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2003, 09:34:44 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Goood morning![/glow[/move]]

Oh, but I DO love these fancy doodads!

I just got out of class, and while I will be saddled with homework again today, it won't be as bad as yesterday when my head was about to go...KABOOM!

Mexican--I love me some cheese enchiladas!

French--coq au vin, canard a l'orange...I've always wanted to try Croque Monsieur (or being a feminist, Croque Madame)

Italian--Lasagna

Greek--Gyros simply teeming with lamb meat!  Yum!

Wow...I've just realized just how much I need to get lunch....

:P

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2003, 09:36:40 AM »

I want to try this insert photo thing.  Let's see, if I click on insert image above, what happens? Nothing.  If I go below and attach a photo, what happens?

[attachment deleted by admin]

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2003, 09:38:52 AM »

Wow, that is a BIG photo -  me and Mammy Yokum.  I LOVE this board.  You see, if we do a Joe Allen dinner we can have a photo immediately.  All I did was click "browse" on the thing below, and went to "My Pictures" on my computer, chose the pick, opened it and the address magically appeared in the box and I pushed post (you can also use "preview" to see what it will look like) and voila.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2003, 09:50:56 AM »

I know I'm known as a musician/music director on this site, but stranger things have happened... I was just cast as "The Ghost of Christmas Present" in a local production of "A Christmas Carol".  I'm the Assistant MD on the show, but I've always wanted to read and sing for the part, so I did, and there it is.  It's a special production of "A Christmas Carol" that they've been doing in Belmont for 18 years.  It's a Chirstmas gift to the community.  Our script is adapted from the Dickon's novel and the music is that of the Albert Finney moive (licenesed through Cherry Lane Music) with some original music and carols added.  It's a free performance with admission being canned food or a toy for a young person which is then given to many charity's in the area.  And OH... the feeling you get when you see the lobby FILLED with food and toys at the end of the run, it's just amazing.  I'll be back later with the food answers.   :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2003, 09:52:36 AM »

Congratulations, Matthew!  What a great part!  You have more lines than any other GHOST, I think.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2003, 09:53:52 AM »

Hey Mr BK, now let's see a B I G June Wilkinson!  :P

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2003, 09:55:18 AM »

I love that picture of you and Mammy Yokum, BK!

I want so much to do an interview with Mr. Peter Palmer and Ms. Witchie Poo! I contacted Mr. Palmer, but no response, nada, not a thing, nein responsidero  :'(

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2003, 10:17:29 AM »

Jed cracked me up yesterday by writing:

Question for DR's Jennifer and William F. Orr...

Were you experiencing difficulties placing your "pins" on the very nifty new Member Map, or did you intentionally place yourselves out in the middle of the Atlantic?

Well what happened was I didn't realize that it had saved that Atlantic thingie. I thought that I could go to the pin place and it would place my pin automatically. I didn't realize that I would have to find a map to find the exact location!

But your comment cracked me up.

Okay I want to know about karma. I guess i'll have to read the tech thread. Although i hate when people ask something and others tell them to go to another read. Just explain it here too! (which BK pretty much did afterwards).

As for BK's suggestion about going to the main page to come to this page.  I will always go to that main page first thing in the morning. But it really takes much longer (on my computer at least). So if I re-log in, I'd rather just go to the community page.

I want to try to link that: http://www.haineshisway.com/community

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2003, 10:25:54 AM »

Karma is a crazy thing!

The HHW "karma" is something you won't see, I'm told, until YOU have posted 25 posts.  When you've done that, in theory, you will THEN see options to vote for "other" people, but not for yourself.

But you have to have 25 posts, I'm told, before you will see what I am telling you about.

I've had it on the best authority....or not.  

But that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

:)

Jennifer

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2003, 10:29:35 AM »

I want karma. I need to read more about that!

As for the food, I'll have to do that later. But BK, you've never had Greek?!?! OMG, you need to try it. It is the best!

I actually tried to make tzatziki for the first time last night. And it came out so good. I was amazed.  I took plain yogurt, diced cucumber, sour cream, garlic, lemon juice, dill and olive oil. Yummy!

I wonder if anyone on the tech board asked why the pics of DRs are so big. It is driving me crazy?  :)

Btw, I hope Swishy Sarah comes back soon. I will miss her posts.

Btw2, did anyone else notice that you can read all the days posts while you're previewing (they are written in nice little size). I like that!

Emily

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2003, 10:31:11 AM »

I am skipping my ARAB WORLD class.  The ARAB WORLD lecturer is away in Washington giving some sort of top secret presentation to certain older gentlemen of considerable political power (COGOPP).  Guess who he got to guest lecture for today?  None other than Mr. CONFLICT CRISIS AND WAR himself.  Ugh.  They will just have to live without me for one day.  

So I am home with a rather stinky cat on my lap.  One of my cats has the WORST kitty food breath.  Of course it is this one that LOOOOOVVVEEESS to sit on my lap and breathe all over me.  Do people make kitty altoids?

I have a potluck to go to tonight at the Faculty of Religious Studies as a joint event between the Arts Undergraduate Faculty, the Grad students and the Bachelors of Theology.  

I'll try to find a nice future minister to corrupt!

Andrea says hello and that she will be E&T for the next couple of days while she visits great American Civil War battlesites with her history class and CYGOPP.  She promises that she and CYGOPP will try to take some time out of their schedule while in Virginia to bust Swishy Sarah out of her HHW-less jail cell.  
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Ben

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2003, 10:34:53 AM »

Hate to tell you to go elsewhere, but if you want the solution to the Map Pin problem, go to the tech board and read Mr. BKs explanation. I am now mapped in my proper zone. I think Mr. Orr is still in ocean. At first I thought he was in the Atlantic, but he's actually, I think, off the east coast of Africa!

Ron, btw (by the way in Internet lingo), you have some Karma. Did you notice that?

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2003, 10:37:41 AM »

If anyone gets 25 posts please nominiate me!
Even though I still don't know what karma is. I think I want it very much!

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2003, 10:46:32 AM »

Ben wrote:
Hate to tell you to go elsewhere, but if you want the solution to the Map Pin problem, go to the tech board and read Mr. BKs explanation. I am now mapped in my proper zone. I think Mr. Orr is still in ocean. At first I thought he was in the Atlantic, but he's actually, I think, off the east coast of Africa!

You don't have to be weary of telling me to go to the tech board :)

That is a technical issue. And I will check it out.

Although like I said, if I check a map to find the exact place where i live, then i think i will be okay. I didn't want to randomly give my best guess :)

But am I correct when i say the map doesn't automatically put your pin when you say what city you live in?

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2003, 10:48:24 AM »

But am I correct when i say the map doesn't automatically put your pin when you say what city you live in?
Yep!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 10:48:59 AM by Mr. Mark Bakalor »

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2003, 10:49:42 AM »

If anyone gets 25 posts please nominiate me!
Even though I still don't know what karma is. I think I want it very much
!

:D  Jennifer you just cracked me up! LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2003, 10:57:20 AM »

Jennifer now has karma.  As we approach lunch hour, l need more food choices, because it will probably influence my decision on what to eat on this fine Thursday.

Jennifer

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2003, 11:08:55 AM »

Hey MBarnum, I may have cracked you up!  But it did work :)

I now do have karma. Thanks to whoever nominated me.

Okay, so I went to the map section. And as you can see I am still in the ocean.  I don't know how to delete that and redo.

Oh and I may have to hurt Emily, since I got a map so I could put my pin. Yet DR Emily has already put her pin down. So I did that for nothing :(

(not sure if these smilies will work in the quick reply section).

Btw, if anyone knows the answer to the pin map thingie, send me an IM. I really want to try that too!  If not DR Mark, I will go to that tech section.

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2003, 11:13:39 AM »

Okay now I want more stars too! :)

Is it 25 to get another star or what?  I am on a mission!

BK I vote for Chinese. I am obsessed with Chinese food.  I think you said you have never had General Taos chicken. That is my most favoritest dish ever. And I still have not had it for like 2 months.

Btw, i like this quick-reply box. For those who don't like all the bells and whistles, it is a very simple way to post.

Btw2, if I cannot fix my pin-map thingie, i don't mind living in the Atlantic ocean. It's just too bad I didn't put myself in the Caribbean. I love St. Thomas!

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2003, 11:16:20 AM »

BK:
What you really want for lunch is a chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce, and a side of hummus.

If not, may I suggest tortellini with bolognese sauce?
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2003, 11:25:38 AM »

Hey DR Joy, what happened to your picture? It was actually quite lovely!

Although I wish they were smaller like the Marge one you chose!

Well it was nice for a day!

hey, BK can we add more cartoons to the choices?

MBarnum

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2003, 11:26:03 AM »

BK, yesterday at work I ate pickled pigs feet. Does that make you hungry?

I craved them.

I ate them.

Then I had a queezy stomach.

:(

Ben

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2003, 11:28:37 AM »

Jen, 25 doesn't get you another star, I think it's 50 posts. JRand has 30 some posts and he's still a single star member. There is an explanation of "Membership Levels" at, you guessed it, The Tech Board :-)

Emily

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2003, 11:35:52 AM »

DR Jennifer - you can put your pin to the right of mine in Montreal since you live in the West Island.  Andrea can put her's left of mine since she's in the East End.  Am I the only Downtowner on the boards?  ;)

In the meantime - watch out for icebergs in them North Atlantic waters. I hear they are quite cold.

Has anyone noticed that I am as yet karmaless?  This must change.  I can not be karmaless.  

BK - when I finally get around to sending you poutine sauce, I'll stick some tzaziki sauce in too... :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »

I finally got my pin in the map! Hurray!

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2003, 11:49:35 AM »

Jennifer, thank you!  It was hosted by Imagestation, which happens to be down right now, so it can't send the image.  I took the picture off until I can get home and upload one from my home computer, then we'll be in business and I won't have to rely on Imagestation!  Yay!

I don't know if DR Noel told you all this, but guess what we got for a wedding present from our dear friends Margit and Al, who wrote a musical together and recorded it with our voices singing some of the parts?   Tickets to Wicked!

;D ;D :D :D ;D
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

td

• td
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2003, 12:00:37 PM »

Okay... I have a reputation on this here site of being negative at times.  Well here goes: I was under the impression that the new site would look the same as the old site with the changes being internal instead of external.  The daily notes page meets this criteria, but I really don't like the message pages.  They are just too "cutesy" and take a lot longer to navigate because you have to scroll through quotes, happy faces, and elongated photos instead of just the messages.  In other words it now looks exactally like most of the other theatre boards (and other boards) that are in existance.  Is making us look like the other boards going to help make this the most popular site on the internet?  I don't think so.  

On the other hand, one of the reasons I LIKE the new board is because I'm so used to posting on and/or reading the Scarlet Street Forums and the Home Theater Forum (and others) which use most of the same features, it's having a little bit of consistency for me in my ether journeys.  The only theatre board that I read regularly is All That Chat, and its format is NOTHING like this.

Well, as for food: right now I am having a Greek Pizza, which was prepared and cooked by an Egyptian!  It's savory to say the least.  It's one of my favorite pizzas from my work place.

Italian, I'd have to go with anything featuring hot or sweet Italian sausage - I will accept no substitute!

Chinese, General Tso's and Cashew Chicken do the trick for me.

British, I do love a marinated London Broil.

French, the Bourgignon will do.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2003, 12:08:42 PM »

Hey speaking of food, has anyone had Egyptian food? I have a coupon for an Egyptian restaurant which I keep meaning to try out, but I haven't any idea what the food is like or what to try...anyone experienced with that????
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up