Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HIE MYSELF  (Read 29510 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:HIE MYSELF
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2004, 10:07:47 AM »

LOL.....sometimes I feel as though I were in prison...doing a musical, ya know.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2004, 10:08:07 AM »

I guess I married good, huh?

What?...no credit to the Matchmaker!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2004, 10:08:18 AM »

Hey those Wacky Noodles are good.

And vibes to Betsy! ~~~~~~~ Knock 'em dead! (Well, not really)
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2004, 10:19:59 AM »

DR DANISE thanks for the updates on your trips...AND...for the Tampa Bay celebration pics!  And yes, the Stanley Cup does probably have to have a tank following it....LOL...  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2004, 10:23:23 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I probably would have made it this Morning, but I had a weird awakening this morning around 6:00.  I heard a strange noise coming from the living room which is next to my room - and only separated by a set of pocket doors.  Well... my roomie had somehow gotten up in the middle of the night and plunked himself down on the couch... and he was snoring.  And I mean SNORING!  WOW?!?!?!  Well, after giving a good knock on the pocket doors, I could tell he re-shifted positions, and the snoring stopped.  So...  In any case, I'm still sort of groggy...

BUT it's gloriously sunny outside!, so...

For my Saturday plans, hmm...

The Xterra Games are in town...

There's a "reception" for the planned, new Arts Center downtown...

There's Carytown...

There's TV...

There's cleaning...  -well, maybe not cleaning...  Ah, well...

So...

As for the ToD:  Chilis, soups, sandwiches, etc.  Sometimes it's something simple, sometimes it's something complicated.  But I guess it's usually some sort of saute of whatever I have in the fridge and pantry.   Or it's just a few scoops of ice cream. ;)

-I actually got the kitchen clean enough where I can cook in it again, so...  Of course, they're ripping out part of the ceiling next week, etc... Ah, well...

OK - Time to hie myself...

Laters
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2004, 10:23:51 AM »

Beam me up, BK, page two!   8)

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2004, 10:54:37 AM »

Wow, I've been having trouble logging on to post in internet explorer, again. :(

DR Jane: Did you post the pic yourself?  Very nice.

Yah poutine is actually quite good. Well I love it (nobody else in my family does).  It's everywhere here (extremely common).  I wonder if that's just in Quebec or if you can get it elsewhere.

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2004, 10:56:46 AM »

I'm curious, what did the amazon site say while it was down?  That must have been chaos for them.

As for what I like to cook for just myself.  Well I don't like to cook just for one.

One thing I have been obsessed with this week is pizza with chicken on top.  There was a pizza sale  for 3.83$ and I decided to try this new kind called parisienne (it is McCain's parisienne). It has chicken and spinach and cheese and sauce. And it's just the best thing I've tasted for that price. :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2004, 11:01:04 AM »

Oops, I took Echo for a walk and left the computer on.  I haven't really been here for the last two hours.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2004, 11:18:42 AM »

Try adding sautéd chicken livers.

Or for a tad more elegance you could try the speciality of the chef of Norma's at the Le Parker Meridien in NYC:

The omelet, which debuted May 5 and is billed as the "Zillion Dollar Frittata" has six eggs, a lobster and -- here's the kicker -- 10 ounces of sevruga caviar.

Dave Letterman had the chef prepare one for him for his show. When the chef arrived and grandly presented Dave with plate, Letterman casually picked up a bottle of Ketchup...well, you get the picture!

ROTFLMAO!!

der Brucer (who enjoyed the picture of George's soul)

You're welcome!  I'd heard that about the Indians believing that photos capture the soul.  I'd also heard that some Africans believed this.  I saw this one documentary and a tribesman, after being photographed with a Poloroid, tried to eat the picture, because he thought that the picture was his soul. :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2004, 11:30:07 AM »

Good morning all
I went to bed at 4 am last night.  Then the phone woke me at 8:30.  I see a nap in my near future.  

I fully admit that I am not much of a cook.  I'm a big fan of things like take-out, cans o' soup, instant meals, and the like.  However, I do enjoy cooking some things when I have the time and the energy.  
Eggs are standard fare for any meal.  I like 'em scrambled with a bit of cheddar, some soy sauce, and some onion salt.  Very yum.  I have George Foreman grill that I will often use to grill fish...usually salmon.  And lately I've been on a smoothie kick.  Fresh fruit, some vanilla yogurt, and a splash of milk.  My usual breakfast, also a post-workout drink.  
As far as comfort food goes, there is one thing that I will make and have made since I was very young.  About the simplest meal you can get...salad macaroni with some chicken boullion cubes, boiled it up, and eat.  Don't know why I like it, but I do.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2004, 11:35:44 AM »

DRJENNIFER the message I got re:Amazon was "Some of our Amazon stores are closed at this time.  Please check back later."

It was very strange!

Jason

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2004, 11:37:57 AM »

LOL.....sometimes I feel as though I were in prison...doing a musical, ya know.

Gotta Sing-Sing!

Just back from an exhausting trip to IKEA with a buddy of mine from work. I was horrified to find out when I got to the cash register that I had left both my credit card AND my debit card AT HOME!! I'm extremely blessed--my friend paid for my stuff, so I'll pay him on Monday. I was so embarrassed... I'm such a dunce sometimes. ::)

I'm now listening to the Original Broadway Cast Recording of TABOO. It's amazing how much better this plays on CD than it did on stage. I have always thought it was a very good score, and I'm glad to have the recording now. Though I'd like the two hours back that I spent in the Plymouth Theatre...

I don't cook. I don't have a kitchen, therefore I don't cook. When I did have a kitchen, I enjoyed preparing all of those typical bachelor/college-type foods. You know the kind--Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, Hamburger Helper, etc. I do love a good meatloaf (though that's tough to make for just one person), and spaghetti's always good, too. It's just hard to cook for one.

Jed

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2004, 11:40:33 AM »

P.S.  Good job vibes to my lovely wife Betsy, who has managed to pull off the near-impossible and has two, count 'em, two job offers on the table.  We are in fact about to drop her off downtown for a meeting with the Board of one job who has made her an offer (later this afternoon we get to the good stuff--the actual salary/benefits), and another high-profile job with the State of Oregon is awaiting her if this one doesn't work out.  I guess I married good, huh?

Wow, congrats to Betsy!  I'll gladly take whichever job she doesn't want. :)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jane

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2004, 12:12:48 PM »

JMK GOOD TRAVEL VIBES and congratulations to Bestsy.

Jennifer, I can post the pictures, but only after Keith sets them up on the computer and sizes them for me.  I still don’t know why JRand didn’t have to reduce the size of the picture he posted for me, yet for me to post the same pic I would need to downsize it.  I think it is a mystery that may never be solved.  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2004, 12:16:01 PM »

Wow, busy day for some DRs! I myself plan on having a lounging around day. Went to Hollywood video and, as I had a rent 2, get one free rental coupon, I picked up some movies...GODZILLA VS MEGAGUIRUS (2000), AN AMERICAN IN PARIS (nope I have never seen this one before), and SURVIVING GILLIGAN'S ISLAND...I hope I can squeeze all 3 movies in this weeked along with at least one Bollywood movie! Now I must hie myself to the kitchen to do up last nights dinner dishes.

MBarnum

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2004, 12:17:21 PM »

Favorite dinner to make for myself is Macaroni and Cheese with weiners...don't make it much anymore as it is not allowed for my diet...but dang it is good! Yum!

Jed

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2004, 12:17:58 PM »

I'm pretty good at bachelor cooking, and have gotten to where I can downsize just about anything for single servings.  A couple of my favorites to make for myself are biscuits and gravy (either dried beef or chicken gravy), fajitas, and any number of veggie/rice/optional-meat combos, depending on what's in the fridge.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jane

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2004, 12:23:52 PM »

Except for Penny I believe my favorite meal, or variations of it, I cook for myself will bore everyone but I love it.  I like to toast basmati in olive oil then add the water along with saffron and salt.  While that cooks I steam vegetables.  Sometimes I steam them with tofu seasoned with garlic.  Even better, I buy marinated & seasoned tofu at the deli counter of a local market.  I toss the basmati and veggies along with the tofu, or black beans, or a mixture of beans, or scrambled eggs.  Last night I had scrambled eggs and added slices of an avocado and a special treat-a slice of toasted rye bread.  Best of all folks, this meal does is not fattening. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2004, 12:34:31 PM »

Yes, DRJANE, it is a mystery....I can't figure it out myself.  I am assuming it shows up as  jpeg file for you.  Why would it have more pixels or be bigger on your system than mine?  Maybe because I bought mine at Walmart!  LOL

STRANGE...technology is STRANGE.... an almost Mickey & Sylvia reference.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 12:35:05 PM by JRand53 »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2004, 12:59:05 PM »

...(Woody always punishes "prefabricated product" by add some loving and labor intensive twist - Hamuger Helper gets the royal treatment with fresh roasted Red Bell Peppers, fresh mushrooms, and lots of fresh hopped herbs)
"Hamuger" Helper isn't even allowed in the door any more.  I can do much better on my own.  Give me some burger, a can of tomatoes, and a decent pantry, and there's no telling what I can come up with!   ;D

Wait, that "no telling" bit doesn't sound so good.  Spoo!   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2004, 01:06:03 PM »

I must be off to the nursing home.  I would pass today except Echo’s best buddy there isn’t feeling to well and we will be gone on our trip the next couple of Saturdays.  I need to get back early as my son is on his way home from Portland, just for the night.  He is bringing a friend and they are going to a wedding, about 45 minutes to an hour from here.  I just found out they have to leave at five in the morning to head back to Portland so he can get back to work to open the store tomorrow.  At least I will have a couple of hours with him this afternoon.  I also found out the wedding is so far out of town because the couple is going to take their vows while parachuting.  

William E. Lurie

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2004, 01:10:18 PM »

I saw BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE last night.  For those of you unfamiliar with this film (which has won awards at several film festivals) it is about Broadway from the mid-40s to the late-60s.  The filmaker interviewed over 100 people who worked on Broadway during that period (some who have since passed away) and mixed clips from the interviews with archieval footage.  You see Kim Stanley and Elaine Stritch in BYS STOP, John Raitt in CAROUSEL, home movies of Ann Miller. PAJAMA GAME and more.  Shirley MacLaine talks of taking over for Carol Haney; Gretchen Wyler tells the story of her getting her role in SILK STOCKINGS; Carol Burnett talks of her arrival in NY with very little money and checking into the only hotel she had heard of: The Algonquin.  There is so much more in the film (and a lot of extras already planned for the DVD from the 250 hours filmed including today's Broadway people talking about the stars of the past).  It's in NY now, opens in LA 7/2 and will spread out all over the country during the summer before the DVD.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2004, 01:34:44 PM »

Isn't BROADWAY: THE GOLDEN AGE going to be shown on PBS before the DVD rollout? Or am I confusing it with something else?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2004, 01:35:54 PM »

The nice thing about cooking more than enough spaghetti sauce for one sitting is that the leftovers often taste better than it does fresh. I ADORE leftover spaghetti sauce on fresh pasta.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2004, 02:21:46 PM »

A lull.

I like to make lasagna, but I do it so seldomly (is that a real word??).  A few weeks ago I made some for my housemate and myself.  I wasn't able to get the kind of spaghetti sauce mix that I prefer, so it was a little bit off (a Maltby and Shire reference), but it was still good.  What I do is make the spaghetti sauce from the mix, use a basic recipe from either the package of noodles or container of ricotta cheese and I double everything except the noodles.  But even then, there are ususally some left over noodles.  But otherwise everything turns out.  Good stuff Maynard!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 02:23:02 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2004, 02:28:50 PM »

Someone must rally the troops so that this isn't an all time low day! There's bk slaving over a hot script while we lie around eating bonbons and NOT posting....

Panni

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2004, 02:29:46 PM »

I continue my little speech to the HHW troops in this, the next post, so that we may get closer...

Panni

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2004, 02:31:18 PM »

....to the next page. which is only two more posts after this one. George - if you're actually there - it's just the two of us. How about a nice post on toast?

George

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2004, 02:36:04 PM »

....to the next page. which is only two more posts after this one. George - if you're actually there - it's just the two of us. How about a nice post on toast?

I am here, but I won't toast a post.  I did come across this site:  Burgdorf's Folk Art Fence Posts.  It has decorative fence posts!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 02:37:09 PM by George »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up