Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TIMELINES  (Read 10478 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: TIMELINES
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2012, 01:55:09 PM »

Page four (4)!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2012, 01:56:08 PM »

Vixmom, I envy you your tickets to see "Follies." I love the recording and would really love to see this production. Oh, well, I bought a CD of some production in the past with John Cullum, who is one of my favorite singers. Maybe I'll have to watch it one of these days.

ticket

I am being completely selfish and going on my lonesome ---

neither the Vixter nor Vixdad is really enthusiastic about seeing it so I am leaving them behind 

It is too bad that the Vixter is not interested in seeing FOLLIES.  It is one of the all-time greatest musicals ever written, and who knows when this type of production will ever be mounted again.

And I say that, even though I think the show stumbles in the final quarter of the show.

I love the show, but I think this current production is a good summer stock production that isn't better because the director lets it down at every turn. Some good performances, and some that needed direction that they never got.

Which leads to the question:  Who would you rather have seen in FOLLIES, Bernadette Peters or Victoria Clark?
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »

Vixmom, I envy you your tickets to see "Follies." I love the recording and would really love to see this production. Oh, well, I bought a CD of some production in the past with John Cullum, who is one of my favorite singers. Maybe I'll have to watch it one of these days.

John Cullum in Follies??  What production?  What recording??  Is it a legitimate release? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2012, 02:02:35 PM »

It is back to being snow.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2012, 02:35:52 PM »

ticket

neither the Vixter nor Vixdad is really enthusiastic about seeing it so I am leaving them behind 

It is too bad that the Vixter is not interested in seeing FOLLIES.  It is one of the all-time greatest musicals ever written, and who knows when this type of production will ever be mounted again.

And I say that, even though I think the show stumbles in the final quarter of the show.

I love the show, but I think this current production is a good summer stock production that isn't better because the director lets it down at every turn. Some good performances, and some that needed direction that they never got.

Which leads to the question:  Who would you rather have seen in FOLLIES, Bernadette Peters or Victoria Clark?

Peters.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2012, 02:40:58 PM »

Almost time for the Red Carpet!

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »

It was in the 50s today.  I opened the windows and turned on the house fan to air out the house.   It's starting to get a little cool, so I'll have to close them soon, but the house smells so fresh and there is humidity from the melting snow (all one inch of it) it's wonderful

George

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »

ticket

Good for you, Vixmom!  Enjoy it!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »

Nice photos DR Laura.

Yes, very nice!

George

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »

Needless to say, because we have so mcuh free time, we'd done the (sort of somber) THE BEST OF TANS!

Tune of THE BEST OF TIMES from LA CAGE, but a fan wish, sort-of seriously.

The best of tans was yours
Watch out next summer. you’ve been lucky, friend
And your fans cheer the news that you / are on / the mend

George, change your habits fast,
Your fans all love you and the wish we send:
Make sun part of your past
Time for the quest for tans to end, to end, to end

Now, your charm’s as great as years ago
Still, fans worry and want you to know

So change your habits fast,
We’re glad to hear that you are better now
You’ll never be outclassed
Your fans adore you still, and how, and how, and how!

Great lyrics as always, Fred!

George

« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2012, 02:52:17 PM »

Gratuitous Post #100! :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2012, 02:52:37 PM »

Needless to say, because we have so mcuh free time, we'd done the (sort of somber) THE BEST OF TANS!

Tune of THE BEST OF TIMES from LA CAGE, but a fan wish, sort-of seriously.

Watch out next summer. you’ve been lucky, friend
And your fans cheer the news that you / are on / the mend

George, change your habits fast,
Your fans all love you and the wish we send:
Make sun part of your past
Time for the quest for tans to end, to end, to end

Now, your charm’s as great as years ago
Still, fans worry and want you to know

So change your habits fast,
We’re glad to hear that you are better now
You’ll never be outclassed
Your fans adore you still, and how, and how, and how!

Great lyrics as always, Fred!

Ditto!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »

I also bought a new TV stand for the living room for a whopping $39.   I put it together and it really looks good. I'll put the old one upstairs in the room I am getting ready to start working on.  I really didn't feel 100% today, so I decided not to start working on the walls

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »

I did clean up the living room. 

George

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »

And now, I must be off.  I'm ushering for a MLK celebration service and have to take a shower.  I've set my DVR to record the Golden Globes, so I'll watch them when I get home.

Be back later. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2012, 02:54:23 PM »

Gratuitous Post #100! :D

Gratuitous Post #105! :D
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

At about 4:30 AM Ricky decided that he had to play with the cat in the mirror, which I'm convinced he believes lives in the closet.  He woke me up scratching and scratching on the closet door (where the mirror is).  When I woke up, my stomach was a mess.   I didn't get sick, but I was up for a while reading and waiting for stomach meds to work.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »

As a result I woke up at 9:04 for my 9:00 coffee meeting with the chair of the HPC.  So I flew out of bed, medicated the cat and hurried to Panera.  Of course I missed him and he didn't get my messages.   We straightened it out later, but it was a cluster

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »

BTW I didn't let Ricky in the closet, I don't want him to do that every night.   I did open the closet door when he left the room, hoping that would stop him from starting up again

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2012, 02:58:54 PM »

OK time to close the windows. The heat hasn't kicked on yet, but I think it will soon

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »

It sometimes amazes me what Broadway information I learn about from Deep Discount DVDs.  For instance, the song list from a previous FOLLIES production.

Follies: In Concert on DVD

Including such songs as "Broadway Baby," "I'm Still Here," "The Ladies Who Lunch," and "Losing My Mind," this video features a filming of the well-known Stephen Sondheim musical as it was performed at New York's Lincoln Center in 1985. ~ Iotis Erlewine, All Movie Guide
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »

It is amazing, TCB.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »

John Cullum in Follies??  What production?  What recording??  Is it a legitimate release? ;)
It was available from premopera.com

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »

Thanks, George and TCB.   

FJL

« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »

I'm sure you're going to have a great time at FOLLIES, vixmom.

I think vixter would especially love the atmospheric feel they've put throughout the theater.

FJL

« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »

I went to see it again the other night (I guess that'll be my last time seeing this production), got a discount seat in last row orchestra, and they even extended the atmospheric decaying theater aspect all the way back there.  I was very impressed. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2012, 03:26:12 PM »

I went to see it again the other night (I guess that'll be my last time seeing this production), got a discount seat in last row orchestra, and they even extended the atmospheric decaying theater aspect all the way back there.  I was very impressed. 

Forgetting to vacuum is not to be considered atmosphere.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »

It was available from premopera.com

http://premiereopera.com/dvd8658follies1987.aspx

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »

Is seven o'clock to eight o'clock (4:00 p.m. PST) the red carpet show, and the awards start at eight?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:41:11 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2012, 03:53:54 PM »

Sunday evening greetings!  We got home from Lima about 4pm and our house smelled wonderful - split pea & ham soup bubbling away in the crockpot.  I watched most of Improv-Ice and dozed a little, removed the bones and bay leaves from the soup, and Richard and I have had a delicious supper.  Next time I make this soup, I won't cut the carrots so finely and I'll add some water to make it more soupy.  It's amazing to me how much meat was left on the ham bone when I thought we'd picked it clean!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up