Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: AT THE BALLET  (Read 11712 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: AT THE BALLET
« Reply #180 on: February 29, 2012, 12:08:05 AM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:09:48 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #181 on: February 29, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »

Saw the National Tour of Mamma Mia this eve.  4th time.  Set was majorly scaled back, but it worked, although I didn't like paying $70 to see the stage hands turn the set... The band had 2 keyboards instead of the usual 4, and the sound was great.  Overall, it was a fun time. I went with 2 Mamma Mia virgins, so that was always fun. 

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #182 on: February 29, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »

I watched Love Never Dies this morning - and that's all I'm saying about how/when I saw it.  But I must say, I teared up at the end which I wasn't planning on doing.   It was better than I expected, but certainly not as good as POTO.  I did feel there was some connection with the leads and I believed their story.  There wasn't enough Phantom "magic", but there was bits and pieces of the POTO score woven into it's score and it really tied the two pieces together. 

Did we need this?  No, most certainly not.  Sequels never work well.  But it's not a bad show.  However, this film from what I understand is a vast improvement over the original London production and from what I can tell from the original recording, I can totally believe that is true.  I really wanted a roller coaster.

Good night.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up