Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: A REALLY BIG SHEW  (Read 11528 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: A REALLY BIG SHEW
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2012, 11:40:36 PM »

Closing night vibes for DR GEORGE.

Thanks, JRand!  We had a great show today!  A coworker came to see the show, as did my sister's boyfriend.  It was a great performance to end on.  After that, we had to strike the set and clean up some things and take the pieces to the TAO storage unit.  Our show ended at 4:00 pm and those of us who went to the storage unit were done at 8:30...there were only four of us at the very end.  That's the problem.  Most people help right at the beginning of strike, but then a lot of them leave very quickly. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2012, 11:40:44 PM »

But I'm not bitter.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2012, 11:48:44 PM »

Found out yesterday that there is another little evening of Jule Styne happening three days before our show - and that one is using the person we were hoping would be our guest star.  I haven't exactly been silent about our next show, and maybe it's just coincidence.  The other show takes place in a private home, but there is such a limited audience for these things that I'm now thinking of changing ours to something else - which is a BIG pain in the ass to do at this point since I cast this show around this composer.  I shall ponder whilst I jog.

It almost sounds like you're becoming quite the trend setter in the L.A. cabaret world. :D

George

« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2012, 11:50:14 PM »

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/digital-books-a-booming-business-at-sioux-city-libraries/article_485b88be-d6c1-551d-961d-d5634dbc20cc.html

DR Jane thought you may find this interesting. It talks about the digital books from our library and how publishers are cutting off libraries from buying books.

Thanks.  I don't really understand the reasoning behind this & the wait for an eBook can be longer than a hardcover.  I think the publishers believe they can sell more eBooks by limiting the supply to the libraries.  In my case they are correct.  I don't feel as bad now that I can purchase most books from my local store through google eBooks.  I can't pre-order them though which prompted my questions concerning the lower price on the book I want. 

When I first purchased my Kindle, I actually read all the stuff that came with it.  I believe, at the time, Amazon said that the Kindle price was always set by the publisher.  Don't know if it still true.

This is true.  We're dealing with the issues and it all comes from the publishers.

George

« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2012, 11:53:54 PM »

I think I may order the DVD of this

I LOVED THIS!! ;D

Much more than Love Never Dies...which I did enjoy, but just didn't LOVE it.

George

« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2012, 11:55:08 PM »

Well, I went back and finished the closet. I got rid of 75 percent of the contents. Filled about half of the outside trash can. Why do I collect all this stuff?

Someday, I'll do this throughout my house and then actually ORGANIZE everything.

Of course, I've been saying that for years.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up