Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 19  (Read 13680 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 19
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »

Page four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2012, 05:28:49 PM »

Will likely turn in early. All of a sudden got a headache and an really ragged. The bird won't like it if I put him to bed now, but I'm not in the mood for play time with J.B. tonight.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2012, 05:31:10 PM »

Topic of the Day:

Most of the score to Carnival!  I played Jacquot in a local production about 15 years ago.  It was quite fun!  I even got to play "Love Makes the World Go 'Round" on an accordion at the opening of the show. :D

Otherwise:

Beauty That Drive a Man Mad (the version from the London cast recording of Some Like It Hot)
Don't Rain on My Parade
Elegance
I'd Rather Be Blue over You (Than Be Happy With Somebody Else)
Mambo Italiano
The Music That Makes Me Dance
Penniless Bums (especially the version by BK and the WSMA!)
People

Does Billy Rose know that Bob Merrill claims to have written "I'd Rather Be Blue?"
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »

Sleep well DR John G.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2012, 05:34:10 PM »

If you can find a zither player, THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE BROTHERS GRIMM.  ;)

I have two zithers, but I wouldn't call myself a zither player

Jane

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »

I'm surprised I was able to go back to sleep after Sherlock slammed into my back during the night.  Usually he slams into my thigh only I was sleeping on my side.  He briefly took my breath away.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2012, 05:35:37 PM »

Woke up to an irritating email.  I'll get back here later when I've calmed down.

Not sure if it's my eyes or my brain but I read "Woke up to an irritating male"

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »

Finally, after ten months of pain, and eight months in a wheelchair; I have finally gotten my back surgery scheduled.  The surgery will be on Tuesday, April 3, at a time to be decided.  That day will probably be the last you will hear from me for the month of April.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »

TCB - congrats on finally getting a surgery date.  Is there any way you can get word to us that you're ok?

Michael

« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2012, 05:49:15 PM »

Finally, after ten months of pain, and eight months in a wheelchair; I have finally gotten my back surgery scheduled.  The surgery will be on Tuesday, April 3, at a time to be decided.  That day will probably be the last you will hear from me for the month of April.

Advanced succcess on the surgery.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2012, 05:56:29 PM »

Remember, DR TCB, HHW is a great place to convalesce - as many of us have experienced.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »

I'm choked up you finally have this scheduled.

MEGA VIBES EVERYTHING RUN SMOOTH FROM NOW ON!!!!!

Danise

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2012, 06:10:41 PM »

Hi all!  Was on the site and getting ready to post when I got a phone call.  Sorry about that.

First I want to send Super healing vibes to our DR TCB!  I'm so happy you got your appointment.  I hope that the surgery works better than expected and all will go well! :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »

Today was a good day at work.  Lots of people stopping by my desk to say they had seen the show.  I had so much work to catch up on with being out a week and the day flew by.

Came home to two interesting emails.  One from Angies List--they are getting ready to start the process and the other from the camera man who shot the footage you saw on the show from the local TV station (28).  He wanted to let me know that he saw the show and was very happy for me.  He also mentioned that he would like to do another story on me and follow the progress of the house.  Of course I said "Yes!".  So it seems my 15 minutes of fame will last a moment or two longer.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »

Hate to post and run but I am tired and will be hitting the sack soon.  Just wanted to let you know the latest.  Have a good evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »

Great news Danise!!!  Thanks for letting us know.  :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2012, 06:25:59 PM »

Good news about setting the surgery date, DR TCB!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2012, 06:25:59 PM »

For JR and TCB:

Los Angeles, CA (March 5, 2012) – Coinciding with the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of the famous passenger liner, TITANIC, the 1953 Academy Award® Winner for Best Writing, Story and Screenplay, bursts onto Blu-ray for the first time April 3rd from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. The influential film features a stellar cast including Golden Globe® winner and Academy Award® nominee Clifton Webb (Stars and Stripes Forever), Academy Award® and Emmy® winner Barbara Stanwyck (Double Indemnity) and Audrey Dalton (Separate Tables). Showcasing a fully re-mastered version of the film, as well as incredible special features including commentary from the cast and crew, TITANIC on Blu-ray is a must-have for any classic film enthusiast and history buff.

Determined to leave the superficial, high-society world in which her husband Richard (Clifton Webb) is engrossed, Julia Sturges (Barbara Stanwyck) boards the R.M.S. Titanic in England to travel to America, along with her two children. Hoping to reconcile with his family, Richard purchases a steerage ticket aboard the ship, unaware of the fateful events that loom ahead.

Prebook is March 7th.

TITANIC Blu-ray Special Features:
●   Commentary by Film Critic Richard Schickel
●   Commentary by Cinematographer Michael D. Lonzo, Actors Audrey Dalton and Robert Wagner, and Historian Sylvia Stoddard
●   MovieTone News
    ○   “Titanic” Premiere Thrills South
    ○   CinemaScope and “The Robe” Win Oscars
●   Titanic Aftermath: Audio Essay by Silvia Stoddard
●   Theatrical Trailer
●   Still Gallery

Thank you, JMK.  I can tell that the 100th anniversary is near; I have been receiving a whole slug of Titanic-themed items.  News of the debut of the Titanic Requiem written by Robin Gibb and his son being debuted on April 17 in London. a last chance to book passage on a second ship that will be heading to the wreck site on April 14, and several new books being released about the ship.
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »

And good news about extending your 15 minutes, DR Danise!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2012, 06:31:50 PM »

I've been trying to watch ROOM AT THE TOP on TCM and I just can't concentrate on it.  I've never been able to watch this movie.  I'm not saying it's bad, it just doesn't appeal to me.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2012, 06:34:17 PM »

It's a shame that LURE OF THE SWAMP isn't on On Demand.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »

Is it the same commentary from the DVD release.  Silivia Stoddard the Titanic "expert" was of the opinion that Bruce J Ismay's name was not used in the 1953 movie because he was still alive.  Maybe she hadn't gotten the news that Ismay kicked the bucket in 1937.

I believe they wanted to make sure that all of his children were dead.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »

I have no fancy Blue Rays to watch, but with any luck I will have a DVDr of 1957s LURE OF THE SWAMP in the mail this week.

Really???  Be still, my heart!
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »

Debra Messing has been tweeting that we all must watch SMASH tonight because something shocking happens.  I'm betting that her character surprises her husband Ricky with news of her pregnancy.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2012, 06:38:52 PM »

Has the word "hell" been blacked out, perhaps?

Yes, by Mikey's mommy.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »

CONGRATS ON FINALLY GETTING YOUR SURGERY SCHEDULED!! ;D

~~~VIBES FOR EVERYTHING!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »

Today was a good day at work.  Lots of people stopping by my desk to say they had seen the show.  I had so much work to catch up on with being out a week and the day flew by.

Came home to two interesting emails.  One from Angies List--they are getting ready to start the process and the other from the camera man who shot the footage you saw on the show from the local TV station (28).  He wanted to let me know that he saw the show and was very happy for me.  He also mentioned that he would like to do another story on me and follow the progress of the house.  Of course I said "Yes!".  So it seems my 15 minutes of fame will last a moment or two longer.  :)

Very good news, Danise!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2012, 06:40:43 PM »

Good morning, all! Another night of bizarre dreams: in one I was trying to keep my 10 year-old brother Rand and the Snelling boys in line at a huge movie theatre, in another I was dealing with an outdoor NYPL card caralogue looking up MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG scores for Joshie, in another I was lost on a bus.

In about an hour I will walk down to 54th Street for this morning's band rehearsal of PIPE DREAM. I don't know if I will stay for the afternoon session, but I am looking forward to hearing the score and seeing everyone. I am waiting for another score from DEAREST ENEMY; it's been three days now, but it's the longest damned number in the score and I'm sure it's got problems.

BK, I'm happy last night's show went so well.

DR Danise, have a good day!

You got lost on a bus?

I didn't know where I was. That's lost, I do believe. Next question?

Yes, at one time were you blonde?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up