Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHERMAN BROTHERS  (Read 15378 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE SHERMAN BROTHERS
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 07:23:49 AM »

It's supposed to be 68 degrees here today.  My day is pretty different.  I'm waiting for the piano tuner, who is only a little late at this point.  At noon we have our annual Historic Preservation Commission/City Council lunch and meeting.  Our commission doesn't ask the council for money and we don't make any embarrasing headlines, so it's essentially a free lunch, followed by our HPC meeting.   I do have to get some motions written and filed for the trial that's starting on the 20th.   If it's not too crazy at the office, I may come home and work on them here with the windows open

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 07:24:09 AM »

I was watching THE UNTOUCHABLES last night, and who should show up as "The 90-Proof Dame" but Miss Joanna Barnes.....who was also in THE PARENT TRAP.

I always liked Joanna.  She is so beautiful.....and she can really be funny.....as in AUNTIE MAME as Gloria......

I remember Sally Cato's brother exclaiming after the fox hunt: "Hot damn! My sister's gonna bust a gut!" after Mame was being hailed as a superb horse woman becasue she, somehow, "rescued" the Fox after a wild chase on her horse (a killer loaned to her by none other than Miss Sally Cato, herself).

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 07:24:30 AM »

Actually I should be working on them while I'm waiting for the piano tuner. But I'm thinking brewing coffee may be a better idea

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 07:26:01 AM »

The Piano Tuner - almost sounds like a song.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »

I had the strangest dream last night.  I was driving my brother's van and taking myself to the airport in Chicago to return home from some all expense paid meeting.  As I was unloading my bags, I thought "How on earth am I going to get the van home if I take the flight" So, since the ticket didn't cost me anything, I decided to drive home.   As I was about to pull out of the garage type thing I was in, I saw a guy from my home town and he said he needed a ride home.  So he started driving, because he claimed he knew Chicago. Then he asked if I had an ID he could use because he lost his license to drive and his license as a lawyer (he's not a lawyer in real life).   The next think I knew we were in Indiana, totally driving the wrong way.  It was 2:30 in the afternoon and I needed to make a more than 12 hour drive and be in court the next morning.   The whole thing was so ridiculous I woke up

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 07:31:58 AM »

TOD:  I love much of the Sherman Brothers' work, but I have a special place in my heart for the score to "The Slipper and the Rose".  I have three favorites from that score:

Suddenly It Happens
Secret Kingdom
He Danced With Me/She Danced With Me 

From "Mary Poppins", it's:

Chim-Chim Cheree
I Love to Laugh
Jolly Holiday

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Michael

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 07:32:29 AM »

While waiting I pre-ordered the Original Cast Recording for ONCE.  It will be released on March 13 and is only $9.99 on Amazon

You can listen to the entire cast recording here via NPR

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Listen-to-ONCE-Original-Cast-Album-Now-on-NPR-20120305
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 07:33:10 AM »

I listened to part of it, that's why I ordered it

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 07:34:02 AM »

The piano tuner is here.  So far the cats aren't running and hiding, wonder if that will change once she really gets going

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 07:42:31 AM »

The cats aren't even trying to hide from the piano tuner.  I guess next to the piccolo, this isn't even annoying

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 07:53:48 AM »

TOD:

I don't recall the first Sherman Brothers song I heard, but the one that seems to stay with me is "Feed the Birds" from MARY POPPINS.

:o
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 07:54:37 AM »

Yesterday's TOD re: Bob Merrill:

"Take Me Along"
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 08:01:53 AM »

It snowed again last night and a light dusting is falling--through sunshine, of course.  It's Portland, after all.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 08:02:15 AM »

TOD - everything, absolutely everything.

FJL

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 08:28:51 AM »

CHARLIE'S PLACE from the Sherman Brothers' OVER HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsiEx0DslGI
American Dance Machine version

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2012, 08:47:49 AM »

I had the strangest dream last night.  I was driving my brother's van and taking myself to the airport in Chicago to return home from some all expense paid meeting.  As I was unloading my bags, I thought "How on earth am I going to get the van home if I take the flight" So, since the ticket didn't cost me anything, I decided to drive home.   As I was about to pull out of the garage type thing I was in, I saw a guy from my home town and he said he needed a ride home.  So he started driving, because he claimed he knew Chicago. Then he asked if I had an ID he could use because he lost his license to drive and his license as a lawyer (he's not a lawyer in real life).   The next think I knew we were in Indiana, totally driving the wrong way.  It was 2:30 in the afternoon and I needed to make a more than 12 hour drive and be in court the next morning.   The whole thing was so ridiculous I woke up

DR CILLA LIZ - the Dream O Matic 6000 says this dream anticipates some unsettled travel plans in your near future, do not leave those plans to someone else, but do them as you want them done.  You are also concerned that others may use your work as their own - though you are secure in what you know to be so, law wise.  Anxiety about being on time for court also suggests that you finish your work on time, and wish others would be as punctual.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2012, 08:56:56 AM »

CHARLIE'S PLACE from the Sherman Brothers' OVER HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsiEx0DslGI
American Dance Machine version

Donna McKechnie and Wayne Cilento are great in that clip.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2012, 08:57:30 AM »

I had the strangest dream last night.  I was driving my brother's van and taking myself to the airport in Chicago to return home from some all expense paid meeting.  As I was unloading my bags, I thought "How on earth am I going to get the van home if I take the flight" So, since the ticket didn't cost me anything, I decided to drive home.   As I was about to pull out of the garage type thing I was in, I saw a guy from my home town and he said he needed a ride home.  So he started driving, because he claimed he knew Chicago. Then he asked if I had an ID he could use because he lost his license to drive and his license as a lawyer (he's not a lawyer in real life).   The next think I knew we were in Indiana, totally driving the wrong way.  It was 2:30 in the afternoon and I needed to make a more than 12 hour drive and be in court the next morning.   The whole thing was so ridiculous I woke up

DR CILLA LIZ - the Dream O Matic 6000 says this dream anticipates some unsettled travel plans in your near future, do not leave those plans to someone else, but do them as you want them done.  You are also concerned that others may use your work as their own - though you are secure in what you know to be so, law wise.  Anxiety about being on time for court also suggests that you finish your work on time, and wish others would be as punctual.
JRand, do you do horoscopes, too?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2012, 08:58:22 AM »

We are having very strange weather this week.  Sunday night, this dippy broad on one of our local stations predicted that the temp was going to drop about twenty degrees Sunday night and we would have snow by the morning commute.  Instead, yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the high forties.

Last night the weather guy said there was a chance for a little rain overnight (last night) and then we were in for a warming trend, with the temp climbing to 60 by Friday.  This morning I got up and it has snowed overnight.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:24:59 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2012, 09:00:49 AM »

Yahoo search engine has the photos of the Sherman Brothers reversed. Richard's photo appears for Robert's obituary.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2012, 09:01:30 AM »

We are having very strange weather this week.  Sunday night, this dippy broad on one of our local stations predicted that the temp was going to drop about twenty degrees Sunday night and we would have snow by the morning commute.  Instead, yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the high forties.

Last night the weather guy said there was a chance for a little rain overnight (last night) and then we wwere in for a warming trend, with the temp climbing to 60 by Friday.  This morning I got up and it has snowed overnight.
Who do you complain to about stopping that?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »

Got my invite today to Racheal Ray's South By Southwest party. It's a strange but fun one: All the alcohol and food are free, but you have to pay for water. Jimmy Cliff is going to perform.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2012, 09:30:44 AM »

I think i'm going to give myself some HHW vibes.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel like crap. My nose is running non-stop. I feel sick. And that isn't even my problem. :)

My waterbed has a leak. What's worse it is on the floor. I don't really understand how this is possible. Because the bed actually holds the water if it leaks. It's weird because there is only a very small amount of water in the actual bed. Around all the sides. But very little. But the floor on one side is all wet. Not a lot of water. But just enough to make the carpet all wet.  I have towels everywhere outside and inside the bed.

I'm just not sure what to do since i don't feel well. I don't think i'll be able to find where the lead is coming from. Also my bed size (double) is extremely hard to find (or it was last time this happened quite a number of years ago. I think i have to take all the water out. Which i don't feel like doing. :(

Guess i will have to sleep on the couch. Oy. I wish i knew what could have made the leak.

John G.

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2012, 09:37:08 AM »

Jennifer, you can have some vibes from me, too. Dry nose and dry bed vibes.
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 09:37:09 AM »

*  *  *  *  *  FEEL BETTER AND DRY BED VIBES FOR DR JENNIFER  *  *  *  *  *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »

I had originally wrote "LEAKY BED VIBES" for DR Jennifer, but I didn't think that what was desired.

But I do think that Leaky Bed Vibes would be a great song title.  It can be sung to the tune of Sleepy Time Gal.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »

TOD:

I'm sure that the first Sherman Bros song I heard came from MARY POPPINS.  More than likely it would have been Chim Chim Cheree.

And I'm a hugh fan of their OVER HERE score.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »

I'm up.  Galley arrived and looks fine - they did the copyright page correctly - a first.  So, I've sent it on to Grant just to check it out.  The cover is still a problem, but Grant's out right now so questions can't be answered until he's back.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »

And the word of the day is: FORTUOSITY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  FORTUOSITY !

(Ain't That A Kick In The Head)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up