Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY  (Read 20124 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2004, 09:40:43 PM »

Nobody has gotten into your account.  These jerks just harvest e-mail addresses and send out whatever they want.  It's awful and there's nothing to be done about it except forward them with the complete HEADERS to abuse@aol.com (or whoever they suggest you sent them to).  If you look at the "show details" part of the e-mail, you'll see that they were not generated from you at all.

Just watched Paycheck, which Tammy Minoff recommended to me.  Anyone else see it?  I hadn't even heard of it (apparently it was a Christmas release and it bombed).  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2004, 09:57:04 PM »

Nobody has gotten into your account.  These jerks just harvest e-mail addresses and send out whatever they want.  It's awful and there's nothing to be done about it except forward them with the complete HEADERS to abuse@aol.com (or whoever they suggest you sent them to).  If you look at the "show details" part of the e-mail, you'll see that they were not generated from you at all.

Actually, BK, that is what is so weird about these e-mails is that they did come from my account.  They were not only returned to me, but they were actually generated from my account and are listed in my sent mail box as having been sent from my account.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2004, 10:01:46 PM »

TCB: Only the last 11 days of 1945 are really memorable. Well they were important to me!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2004, 10:03:21 PM »

Misinterpreted that too TCB. That is a worry. Hope your millions are safe.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2004, 10:10:42 PM »

Just watched Paycheck, which Tammy Minoff recommended to me.  Anyone else see it?  I hadn't even heard of it (apparently it was a Christmas release and it bombed).  

Heard of it, yes. Saw it, no. I try to avoid anything with Ben Affleck.

Was it good?

Tomovoz

« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2004, 10:21:20 PM »

The reviews here were very negative BK. And yes, it bombed here in Oz too.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2004, 10:27:05 PM »

I'll discuss it in tomorrow's notes.  I've read the "reviews", both professional and the idiots on the imdb.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2004, 11:10:42 PM »

Tonight's DVD is something about a group of people (Olivia D and Ellen B) meeting at a cemetery. Hope it's Ok. It just looked like my sort of gentle movie. At least it will be better than the offerings of TV.
Well I'm posting!
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2004, 11:18:44 PM »

I happened to catch a bit of Ray Charles' funeral today. The whole thing was broadcast live on ABC. Willie Nelson sang a gorgeous, simple "Georgia."  Clint Eastwood spoke. He's looking very old. Stevie Wonder was incredible. It was really funny to see the white folks in the crowd clapping on the beat and trying to look soulful. That's the kind of funeral I'd like! Is it too late for me to become a black woman?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 11:20:52 PM by Panni »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2004, 11:19:17 PM »

Woody,  I saw Bonnie all grown up in Cats. She was so damned perky, you could have cut her throat and shoved her up a horse's arse even then.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2004, 11:26:30 PM »

Woody,  I saw Bonnie all grown up in Cats. She was so damned perky, you could have cut her throat and shoved her up a horse's arse even then.
Yep, that sure sounds like Bonnie on Dr. Who.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2004, 11:26:30 PM »

Ask DR Jason about becoming a black woman Panni. He may be willing to share his secret. Green is very "in" this year too.
James Thurber 1957

Charles Pogue

« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2004, 11:29:32 PM »

I stand corrected after investigating the old program, it was not Bonnie Langford...It was Jillie Mack, who's now Mrs. Tom Selleck.  I know I've seen Langford in something, but I can't remember.  I think she might have just left CATS at the time.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2004, 11:36:55 PM »

Speaking of good fried chicken, whatever happened to Ambers on the corner of Woodman and Ventura in Sherman Oaks?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2004, 11:49:58 PM »

Good Evening/Morning!

A nice evening in front of the TV and chatting with various and sundried friends on the internet.

One of my friends is coming into town tomorrow with his sister.  They will be coming for a dog show - the sister's dog.  He said he'll call me when he gets in which will probably be early - well, early for me.  In any case: Do I really want to go to a dog show to watch a dog I've never seen before?  I've never been to a dog show.  And I'm not really sure I need to remedy that situation tomorrow morning. ;)

Decisions, decisions...

DR TCB - Keep an eye on your sent e-mail folder over the next 24 hours.  If you end up getting a lot of returned mail and/or you see a bunch of e-mail being sent from your address, just be sure to contact AOL's Customer Service to inform them that you did not authorize those e-mails.  -So they don't end up shutting down your account for a TOS Spam violation.  However, some of the "worms" out there are smart enough to mimic sending from your account, so there may not be anything wrong - well, there is, but there isn't.  Just keep an eye on things.  And to be really safe, you can also check your online time at keyword: Billing.  You can bring up a log of when you were on-line and logged in.

OK... Just in case I have to be up early... to watch some dog... Well, I'd be seeing my friend, Andy... But... Ah, well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2004, 11:57:31 PM »

Amber's - wonderful place with great Broasted Potatoes.  Gone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up