Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY  (Read 20135 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SHAKING OF THE BOOTY
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2004, 09:14:48 AM »

Safe journey to dear reader Jane and her ever lovin' Keith.

Jason, you probably missed my post last night - do you have any contacts or know anyone at Dramatist's Play Service.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2004, 09:15:06 AM »

And one for Mahler.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2004, 09:16:34 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR Laura II!

I am just exhausted today from last night’s par-tay. What excitement.  What food.  What conversation.  What lampshade?

Jason, is BD aware that you are no longer the leading man type that he knew at Buck’s County, but that you are now living in New York as an attractive African-American woman?

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2004, 09:20:44 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR Laura II!

I am just exhausted today from last night’s par-tay. What excitement.  What food.  What conversation.  What lampshade?

Jason, is BD aware that you are no longer the leading man type that he knew at Buck’s County, but that you are now living in New York as an attractive African-American woman?

TCB, sometimes your posts just make my day! Of course when laughing comes out of my cubicle my co-workers give me odd looks!

Jason

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2004, 09:21:51 AM »

TCB: I seriously doubt he knows that I'm now Tonya Pinkins. I think he'd be disturbed by that...and slightly amused as well. :-)

BK: I completely forgot to answer your question and for that I'm sorry. No, I don't know anyone at DPS, unfortunately.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2004, 09:24:08 AM »

TCB, sometimes your posts just make my day! Of course when laughing comes out of my cubicle my co-workers give me odd looks!

Thank you for the nice compliment, DR MBarnum, but I still want to see the pictures of you at the nude beach!

“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2004, 09:29:04 AM »

DR Jason, thanks for the info about "sides".

And I'm sorry to make you sad.

Fried chicken is just not big here. I would like to try it.  But I have actually never made anything using any type of deep frying technique before.

It sounds delicious though.  I will check out the link you provided.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2004, 09:34:31 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday DR Laura II!![/move]

In my DVD player:  a DVD-R of the HBO special of "Elaine Stritch At Liberty," the documentary that's more show footage than documentary...there's too much show footage, because it's already on the regular DVD, which I already have.

In my CD player:  Rufus Wainwright's "Want One."  This CD has the song "Vibrate," which The Manhattan Transfer just recorded for their next CD (to be released in September, I think), which will be called "Vibrate."  I've never heard the song.

In my VCR:  a tape to tape tonight's last episode of Comedy Central's 51 Greatest Smart-Asses, which also has last night's "Introducing Graham Norton."  It's a clip-fest from his British show because next week, he's getting his own show on Comedy Central!  Also on the tape is last night's "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" because Graham was the guest.  I had to tape that.  I loved his "So Graham Norton" show from Britain and I really think I'll like his new show. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2004, 09:35:55 AM »

My dad tends to skillet-fry rather than deep-fry. And he generally only fries breasts and tenderloins. Skillet frying tends to not be so greasy. He always uses Crisco vegetable oil and lays the chicken out on paper towels to soak up the excess oil. Of course, he used to the international quality control manager for Kentucky Fried Chicken, so he does chicken right!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2004, 09:52:29 AM »

I had two slices of pizza for lunch but now I'm hungry for some fried chicken.  

A friend's sister once made us some fried chicken.  The recipe she followed called for crushed corn flakes instead of bread crumbs.  She didn't have any corn flakes handy, so she used Kellogg's Frosted Flakes instead.  It didn't taste bad.  But we started joking about what she would have done if all she had were Lucky Charms.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2004, 09:54:40 AM »

Though not so much now if ever - when I was growing up we had fried chicken once a week.  Skillet fried...mashed potatoes....and usually green beans.  Oh my did we eat.  The only thing I liked better was meat loaf.  With mashed potatoes, fresh tomatoes from the garden in the summer, and macaroni and cheese.  And the next day, a meatloaf sandwich.

No we were NOT vegetarians!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

My dad tends to skillet-fry rather than deep-fry. And he generally only fries breasts and tenderloins. Skillet frying tends to not be so greasy. He always uses Crisco vegetable oil and lays the chicken out on paper towels to soak up the excess oil. Of course, he used to the international quality control manager for Kentucky Fried Chicken, so he does chicken right!

I'm trying to understand how skillet frying really fries the chicken.  Is that a stupid question? :(

Wow quality control for KFC. Cool! :)

Jason

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2004, 09:57:22 AM »

I've heard of Corn Flake Chicken. It sounds tasty.

One of my favorite things that my grandmother makes is this incredible broccoli casserole using cream of mushroom soup, Velveeta (the cheese that's made to melt) and ritz crackers or saltines. Either way, it's AMAZING! Of course it's a heart-attack waiting to happen, but it's fantastic.

Jason

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2004, 10:02:21 AM »

The only thing I liked better was meat loaf...And the next day, a meatloaf sandwich.

That just reminded me that meatloaf will most definitely be on the menu while I'm home. In fact, I'll make it! My mom works so hard during the day that she deserves to have dinner waiting for her when she gets home, and my dad is busy running his own business, so he doesn't have much time for it, either, even though his office is in the basement of our house. And I get to cook so rarely that it will be a treat for me to do it...and then I get to reap the rewards of my effort! Seems like we'll all win!

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2004, 10:02:23 AM »

My mom made fried chicken with corn flakes too...mmmmmm, good! There really is nothing better then good homemade fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn! Talk about a feel good meal!

and meatloaf....that just brings back wonderful memories! I used to make a meatloaf roll that had spinache in it. You would roll out the meatloaf in a long flat rectangle and spread the spinach on it then roll it into a log pop it in the oven and kablooey, there is your spinach meatloaf meal!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2004, 10:06:52 AM »

LOL--DR Jason, I don't mean to be critical, but everytime I look at your pic my inner Dick Van Dyke wants to jump up and sing and dance a few choruses of "Put On a Happy Face" for you. :)

(Of course, after seeing me sing and dance, you just might gotta slam that iron down on my feet.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

William E. Lurie

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2004, 10:08:42 AM »

I didn't realize that Tams still used sides.  I remember that they used to be on thin paper and full of typos.  They probably want groups to rent more copies of the full script, but in this day and age of copy machines and scanners they are probably just causing people to break the copyright laws.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jason

« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2004, 10:15:58 AM »

DR D(tM): If you think that picture makes you wanna sing "Put On A Happy Face," you should try looking at Ms. Pinkins for two hours with that exact same face throughout the whole show! Wow!

MBarnum: The spinach meatloaf log sounds yummy. I doubt my parents would go for that, but once I get a kitchen, I'm definitely going to try it.

Here's another southern cookin' tip for all y'all: When cooking green beans, start out with only enough water (or bean juice) to cover the bottom of the pot...maybe about 1/4 inch of liquid. Cook the beans with a hamhock or a strip or two of bacon (lid on) until the liquid is gone, and then add a little bit more and repeat the process. Add lots and lots of black and cayenne pepper and go to town. Be sure to keep the sweet tea handy--the pepper makes these puppies super spicy! It's too too too diveen.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2004, 10:18:19 AM »

I've heard of Corn Flake Chicken. It sounds tasty.

One of my favorite things that my grandmother makes is this incredible broccoli casserole using cream of mushroom soup, Velveeta (the cheese that's made to melt) and ritz crackers or saltines. Either way, it's AMAZING! Of course it's a heart-attack waiting to happen, but it's fantastic.

Jason, has your grandmother ever thought of putting broccoli in the casserole, too?  Or is it more like that mock apple pie that you make with Ritz Crackers?
“One thing’s universal,

Jason

« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2004, 10:20:02 AM »

Hehe...I assumed that y'all would know that it had broccoli in it, but you know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of 'u' and 'me.'

Thank you...I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress! Goodnight!

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2004, 10:21:21 AM »

Boy if we ever had an HHW potluck there would definately be some good eatin' going on! Of course me would probably have to invite the HHWers parents too since many of the foodstuffs discussed on this hear board were actually made by them!

Ben

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2004, 10:23:30 AM »

From MBarnum

"I used to make a meatloaf roll that had spinache in it. You would roll out the meatloaf in a long flat rectangle and spread the spinach on it then roll it into a log pop it in the oven and kablooey, there is your spinach meatloaf meal!"

Mmm, sounds good. I have put green beans in the middle. Recipies I have seen say to use canned green beans, but I just put fresh green beans in the middle. They cook better and are not as soggy. You just do the same thing MB mentions above and voila, when you cut that meat loaf, you have your vegetable in the same piece. Yummy (I love green beans. I think they are my favorite green vegetable).

I had ice cream after lunch today. Wasn't planning on it, but I walked Anthony to the subway so he could get to Penn Station for the trip to Long Island. I was walking back to the office, and that nasty, bad Mr. Softee Ice Cream Truck was parked on the corner. Damn him! How could he sit on that corner and tempt me in such a way. Because it's hot and sticky outside I couldn't resist and I got a plain chocolate soft serve cone which I devoured on the few remaining blocks to my office.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2004, 10:25:51 AM »

That fried chicken sounds so very good, Jason.

Meanwhile, the corned beef finally looks done. It shrank, but is still pretty huge.

Michael

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2004, 10:31:16 AM »

DVD: Started watching The Return of the Pink Panther. Not as funny as I remember it. Or perhaps I just wasn't in the right frame of mind when I started watching it. Also it is widescreen but not anamorphic. I wish they would started what is and what isn't anamporphic
Never stop dreaming.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2004, 10:31:42 AM »

Sheesh. I check in to see what's going on and you make me want to go out and fry me chicken.
I forgot to steal a menu from the Hungarian restaurant last night. Some choice listings. For one thing, their version of spelling "sweet" was "SWEAT"... You can imagine some of the disgusting dish descriptions. (You'll have to - I can't remember any specifics - but  I laughed.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 10:32:58 AM by Panni »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2004, 10:35:16 AM »

Mbarnum says "I used to make a meatloaf roll that had spinach in it."

I make a meatloaf made of ground chicken breast that has a sausage rolled into the middle. It's delish.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2004, 10:39:07 AM »

My sister's "secret" way to cook meatloaf is that she cooks it on a pan like this:

so that the fat and grease drip away from the meatloaf while it cooks.  It really does make for a better meatloaf!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2004, 10:49:36 AM »

DRGEORGE we use one of those as well!  

Not sure about the spinach in the middle MBarnum - sounds a bit too GREEN for me.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jason

« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2004, 10:50:22 AM »

Mbarnum says "I used to make a meatloaf roll that had spinach in it."

I make a meatloaf made of ground chicken breast that has a sausage rolled into the middle. It's delish.

Oh, my gosh, that sounds fabulous.

DR George: My mom and I prepare our meatloafs (meatloaves?) on a broiler pan for that same reason...it makes it much less greasy. I've noticed up here that everyone has brown gravy with their meatloaf. We've never done meatloaf with a brown gravy...we've always used ketchup or some sort of tomato sauce. Is that weird to most of you, or is ketchup a pretty standard meatloaf accoutrement?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 10:56:31 AM by Jason »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2004, 10:56:08 AM »

DVD:  Dr. Bell & Mr. Doyle.  A mystery starring my old pal,Ian Richardson, as Dr. Joseph Bell, the man Conan Doyle based Sherlock Holmes on.  He and Doyle, a young medical student, solve a mystery.

CD: Cowboy Up! #1 - When I Was A Cowboy...a composite tape sent me from my pal Roger Lee Leasor in Lexington, Ky. with what could only be called mostly alternative cowboy songs...but pretty good stuff like Summer Wages and Barrel Racin' Angel by Ian Tyson and Stuff That works by Guy Clark and Cottonwood Tree by the late great Mart Robbins.

READING:  The Guinness Dictionary of Theatrical Quotations.

A couple of Noel Cowards:

"Two things should be cut -- the second act and that child's throat."  Coward after seeing GYPSY in London with its vivacious child star Bonnie Langford.

Coward took an earlier slam at Langford when she was three and was in the stage production of GONE WITH THE WIND where the horse famously defecated heavily onstage:

"There's nothing wrong with that show that shoving the child up the horse's arse won't cure."

A couple of others bon mots:

"It opened at 8:40 sharp and closed at 10:40 dull."  --Heywood C. Broun

"I've seen more excitement at the opening of an umbrella." -- Earl Wilson

"When Mr. Wilbur calls his play, HALFWAY TO HELL, he underestimates the distance."  -- Brook Atkinson.

Jason, please, please, return to your old smiling self in your photo.  This quise of sad, morose, depressed black woman frankly...depresses me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up