Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN CORD ON BLUE  (Read 10638 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: CHICKEN CORD ON BLUE
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »

Sherlock has his dental work tomorrow.  We took him for a short hike today & luckily it warmed up before we left the house.

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »

I also spent two days feeling like a really small person.  These basketball people are very tall!!!   Today I waited around at the courthouse with the family and friends.  Turns out one of my client's best friends plays on our local professional indoor football team.   I've always thought about going to one of their games but haven't done it.  I may have to go now. I have someone to cheer for

Jane

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »

Funny Cilla.

When I was in high school I accidentally set the trash can on fire.  I don't think I ever ran so fast in my life.  Fortunately no one saw me as they were focused on the flames reaching up to the tree branches above the fire.  All was well & when I returned everyone started telling me about the fire.  I never said a word. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »

I repeatedly made the point that smart people do stupid things and college students do really stupid things.   This was a total over reaction by the local fire chief who insisted on Arson in the first and by the asst county attorney who is totally unreasonable, especially for immigrants

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »

It's  a BS story, but when you look at what the state had to prove, it was scary.  The jury could have gone the other way if they had a different attitude about my client. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »

DR Jane smart to keep your mouth shut.  Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut

Jane

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2012, 03:27:59 PM »

It sounds like a major over reaction.  I hope he wasn't also kicked out of school. 

Jane

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2012, 03:28:58 PM »

DR Jane smart to keep your mouth shut.  Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut

They were my friends too.  I did run over to one friend telling him what I did.  He couldn't stop laughing at how stupid I was. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2012, 03:28:59 PM »

they let him finish his finals but did not let him participate in the graduation ceremony.  He really felt bad about that

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »

Today's PR Laugh o'the Day:

Fox just sent out a press release about a new 10 disc Frank Sinatra collection which includes THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, followed by this wonderful description:  "Perfectly timed for Mother's Day. . "  :)

Funny!  That reminds me of this:

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »

Ok, time to give Callie her meds and get ready to go to band rehearsal.  I'm going to sleep well tonight

George

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2012, 03:31:03 PM »

I love FailBlog!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2012, 03:31:51 PM »

Keith doesn't let me play with fire.  When we had a wood burning stove I never used it unless he was home.  I really am lucky nothing serious ever happened.  The worst I've done was singed the front of my hair.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »

The really weird thing is as I was sitting in my chair prepping for the trial the other night. Two of my smoke detectors in the house started going off like they do when the batteries are dying.   I changed them and all is well, but it was really strange timing. 

Jane

« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »

I never noticed before that the top of the box from Sit & Stay, a dog supply/food place says
"Okay dog stop drooling on the box.  It isn't waterproof."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »

Got a wake-up call from Mom wondering if I had been affected by the tornadoes that she had read about. I didn't know we had had tornadoes until I read a story that they had touched down around 50 miles south of town. But I guess that's still San Antonio to the rest of the world.

How close would the tornado have to be for them to turn on the sirens near you?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2012, 03:35:54 PM »

they let him finish his finals but did not let him participate in the graduation ceremony.  He really felt bad about that

I bet.  At least he graduated, presuming he passed his finals.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:44 PM »

That is too bad that he was not allowed to participate. Sounds like a very interesting case. I am curious why he was found not guilty vs reckless use of fire?Did they just think the whole idea of charging a college kid with arson ridiculous?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »

A great big THANKS to y'all for the vibes for my Mom because it looks like they worked!  They did the ablation procedure yesterday afternoon and when they brought Mom back up to her room and hooked her back to the monitor, she displayed a continuous and STEADY heartbeat of 80 and her blood pressure was at a likewise normal and steady level.  It was a wonderful sight to behold!  She still has a touch of pnumonia to deal with but the pulmonary doctor said that it didn't look too threatening and can be handled with antibiotics.

I've gone back to work this morning for the first time in two weeks--I just felt I needed a touch of normalcy for myself

Again, thank you all for the vibes!

I am just glad that they worked once again.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »

I still cannot believe I wore shorts and a tank top biking today. This is summer weather.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »

OK, here's a warning on the following clip: Eddie Cantor is in blackface. That said, here's a glimpse into a Ziegfeld show:

http://travsd.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/ziegfelds-midnight-frolic/

I was never crazy about Eddie Cantor, even in white face.  I remember on TV in the early 50s there were some cartoons that had characters in blackface.  Eddie Cantor for one.  There were a lot of cartoons that had movie stars as characters in the cartoon.  I remeber Clark Gable (because of the ears) and Martha Raye (because of the mouth).  And was it BABES IN ARMS or BABES ON BROADWAY that had Mickey Rooney doing a number in blackface?  He was probably getting into character for BREAKFAST AT TIFFANYS.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »

I'm continually in awe about the whole Titanic disaster.  I love the James Cameron movie, especially when the ship hits the iceberg, I think it's amazing what they were able to accomplish cinematically with that event.  I do like the musical for what it is, which I know isn't much. 

I think the musical has an incredible score.  I think that is why so many theater companies are doing TITANIC IN CONCERT.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »

I still cannot believe I wore shorts and a tank top biking today. This is summer weather.

It sounds good to me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2012, 04:13:36 PM »

The local weatherman just said that we may have more rain / snow mix tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:09:21 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »

The local weatherman just said that we may have more rain / show mix tomorrow morning.

A rain/show mix??  Is someone doing "Singing In the Rain"?

;)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »

Hi from SFO.  Chewing gum like crazy trying to unblock this ear.  The gum isn't giving much resistance. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »

On my way to meet friends for a drink, I came across a young couple who were arguing and the young man began to slap and hit the girl around the face and shoved her on the ground. I intervened and told him to stop hitting her. He didn't respond and although the girl was crying she didn't request further help so I didn't see what else I could to help. I felt a bit guilty walking on but there were other people around so i didn't think she was in serious danger.  

How upsetting.  DS Craig was in Barnes & Noble years ago & protected a woman from her husband.  The guy pulled a knife out.  The store must of called the police.  He would have needed to testify except he left for the Peace Corps a few days later.

I hope it was Craig that joined the Peace Corps and not the guy with the knife.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »

LOL. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »

The local weatherman just said that we may have more rain / snow mix tomorrow morning.

A rain/show mix??  Is someone doing "Singing In the Rain"?

;)

I have no idea what you are talking about, George!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »

One more.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up