Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SPRING AWAKENING OR WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?  (Read 12640 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re: SPRING AWAKENING OR WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »

Do you own the two new dogs, or are they fosters you are socializing for adoption?

Own - they are rescues from the SPCA.

der Brucer

We're temporarily out of the Foster business: I was black-listed by the Animal Rescue League for rule breaking (I placed an animal in a home without a fence) - they have since gone out of business.

For details see the Mar 7 Topic APPROVED post #94
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:39:22 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2012, 10:37:22 AM »

TOD

DVD - "The Devils" First DVD release from the British Film Institute from a splendid master prepared by Warner Bros (looks as if Warner Bros would rather disown the film than put it out on their own label). 

Blu - "The Lavender Hill Mob"

CD - "The Fall of the Roman Empire" excellent presentation of the original tracks from La La Land Records.

I've been waiting for a good print of "The Devils" forever! Thanks, DR Doug R! I'll order it today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2012, 10:42:38 AM »

Fox was up in arms with their "Culture Warriors" yesterday about HUNGER GAMES.  Oy and vey.
Of course. The movie denigrates the 1%. What else would you expect?

The Culture Warriors are hardly the 1% - they are the mid-west's version of GCBs - they are the reason Blond jokes are still popular.

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »

Last night I went to a neighbor's house to discuss Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, which was a big hit with all of us.  We decided we'd cast Geoffrey Rush as the Major in a movie version.

Got home just in time for the UC/OSU basketball game, from which the Bearcats will NOT advance.  I hate to admit it, but Ohio State is a very good team.
Is this in any way related to that "Miss Pettigrew" movie with Frances MacDormand? Or is it just the coincidence of using the same name.

"Miss Pettigrew Lives for A Day" is one of my favorite films. Excellent cast!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2012, 10:43:26 AM »

Morning all~  Please send work vibes my way! 

Vibes to all who need them.  Hoping DD Sherlock is doing much better.

CONTINUED VIBES!!

Once Sherlock joined us on the bed last night he didn't whimper anymore. The vet said the morphine makes them pretty vocal until it wears off.   While not great this morning he is looking pretty good.  We will take him for a short hike later. 

Jane

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »

We decided we'd cast Geoffrey Rush as the Major in a movie version.

:o

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »

Things are fine with the MD, I understand. I wait for blood test results,  and other appointments have been set up.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:48:09 AM by elmore3003 »

Jane

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »

Reviews are in for last night's midnight showing of HUNGER GAMES:

Betsy: 4.5
Zach:  3.5

Interesting.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 10:48:23 AM »

Note to Danise:

My dogs really enjoy sweaky toys - they view it as their mission in life to capture, kill and eviscerate the chatty invader (the sweakers make a sickening crunch sound when they are freed from their bondage and given the coup de grace.

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 10:49:08 AM »

Last night I went to a neighbor's house to discuss Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, which was a big hit with all of us.  We decided we'd cast Geoffrey Rush as the Major in a movie version.

Got home just in time for the UC/OSU basketball game, from which the Bearcats will NOT advance.  I hate to admit it, but Ohio State is a very good team.
Is this in any way related to that "Miss Pettigrew" movie with Frances MacDormand? Or is it just the coincidence of using the same name.

Coincidence.  Having seen the movie the name caught my eye when I saw the book & the reason I picked it up to check it out.  I'm so very glad I did.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 10:49:20 AM »

Interesting.

Part of this is because Zach hasn't that many films made from books he's read.  Also, he has an issue with motion sickness, and the film is evidently full of that oh-so-popular jiggly handheld crap and it bothered him.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 10:50:02 AM »

It seems like Sweeney could be cutting his way back to Broadway again.

Take note, Michael Ball fans:

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Sondheim-Grants-Approval-for-Michael-Ball-Imelda-Staunton-Led-SWEENEY-TODD-for-Broadway-20120322
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »

I agree. :)

Jane

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2012, 10:53:42 AM »

Things are fine with the MD, I understand. I wait for blood test results,  and other appointments have been set up.

I'm glad the appointment went well. 
EXCELLENT TEST RESULT VIBES!!!!

Jane

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »

Interesting.

Part of this is because Zach hasn't that many films made from books he's read.  Also, he has an issue with motion sickness, and the film is evidently full of that oh-so-popular jiggly handheld crap and it bothered him.

I also have trouble with that jiggly handheld crap.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »

Jennifer:

Josh Hutcherson (Peeta) has had many leading roles in movies
Kicking & Screaming (2005), Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005), RV (2006), Bridge to Terabithia (2007), and Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008).The Kids Are All Right (2010), 

I expect he'll do a bang-up job in Hunger Games.

der Brucer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 10:58:32 AM »

I agree. :)
I think just mentioning is a good excuse to watch it again.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »

This morning, first thing, is laundry. When it's finishede, I will bathe and see my doctor for a follow-up from the ER visit. After that, I'm back here for more work on DEAREST ENEMY and ROBERTA. Yesterday, the Dublin boys sent me a suggestion for a young man in the cast that would be fantastic if we could get him. Fingers crossed.

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:43 AM »

Do you own the two new dogs, or are they fosters you are socializing for adoption?

Own - they are rescues from the SPCA.

der Brucer

We're temporarily out of the Foster business: I was black-listed by the Animal Rescue League for rule breaking (I placed an animal in a home without a fence)

I remember when that happened.  They didn't give you any slack for making a decision based on the individual situation.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »

For details see the Mar 7 Topic APPROVED post #94

DR Ginny if you missed the story it is worth going back to read it.

George

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 11:01:02 AM »

I first listened to the OBC of SPRING AWAKENING on a car trip north to Tacoma, where I had been hired by THE SONDHEIM REVIEW to do a quick write up on a Tacoma Symphony Bernstein-Sondheim concert.  IIRC, I met Jed, Ann and Tom (but not George, I seem to think) at a sweet little downtown restaurant before the show.  George, were you there?  Maybe you were and I'm having Half-heimers.

I was there...how soon they forget! :'(

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »

Yesterday afternoon we decided to enjoy the glorious spring weather by taking the two new dogs to the beach and for a walk on the Boardwalk. The newbies had no problem getting in the car and enjoyed the ride. (As we exited the drive you could hear the howls of disappointment from the blondes  left behind.)

Both Moose and Zev enjoyed walking on the sand; Moose would have nothing to do with the surf, but Zev walked right up and stared at it - as each wave came in he backed up a few inches to keep his paws dry.

They both enjoyed meeting people and other dogs on the walk along the Boardwalk - Zev was the most surprising, he walked right up to strangers to meet them - the shyness seems to have disappeared. He met two bull terriers who got a bit snippy and Zev just backed up a foot and gave them a "How rude!" look - no return growls. Moose is still a lease tugger, but Zev just trots along without tugging.

We took a break at a boardwalk bench

der Brucer

Nice the boys are have such a good time, not that I expected less now they are your boys.  Nice pics too.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »

From Zack's reaction I think I would rather read HUNGER GAMES than see it.  Since I'm sure we will eventually watch the movie I'll skip the book then, at least until after I have seen the movie.

George

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2012, 11:15:46 AM »

Maybe y'all can help me with some detective work.  The car in which I rode to Columbus and back Wednesday had SiriusXM satellite radio and we listened to the Broadway channel the whole trip.  On the trip home, Seth Rudetsky was playing the whole cast album from an unfamiliar version of THE SOUND OF MUSIC.  We missed the intro and were home before it ended, so we didn't hear any of his commentary.  Maria was not Mary Martin, Julie Andrews, or Rebecca Luker, but she sounded almost child-like and had a very breathy voice.  The kids sounded very British and Suzy thought maybe it was an Australian cast.  Overall, it didn't sound to me like a very good production and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to who the Maria might have been?
It wasn't the Petula Clark recording, was it?

DR John G, I've just listened to some clips of that recording on iTunes and I don't think that's the one.

You can also search through castalbums.org...there are 107 recordings!!

George

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2012, 11:19:22 AM »

I really enjoyed that movie, also! ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »

[They didn't give you any slack for making a decision based on the individual situation.

Worse and more of it - they went to the family's home and tried to reclaim their 14 year old daughter's new pet!

der Brucer

JMK

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »

DougR, I was also listening to TFOTRE this morning.  I have the two previous CD releases, but I think this one sounds quite a bit better.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »

I was there...how soon they forget! :'(

:D

Clearly you didn't dress for the occasion.

der Brucer

JMK

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »

I love that VistaVision "extension" of the soaring strings in the mid-50's Paramount releases.

George

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »

Morning all~  Please send work vibes my way! 

~~Continued Work Vibes for DR Danise!!~~~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up