Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PAPERBACK SHOW  (Read 15007 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE PAPERBACK SHOW
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »

BK was indeed in the Apple Dumpling Gang - so tonight is the new season of Mad Men?  Hopefully since I have my TIVO set to record anything Mad Men it will record.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2012, 08:09:38 PM »

PAGE SIX BLINTZES DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2012, 08:10:21 PM »

BK was indeed in the Apple Dumpling Gang - so tonight is the new season of Mad Men?  Hopefully since I have my TIVO set to record anything Mad Men it will record.

If you have to record it manually, be aware that it's a two-hour episode.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2012, 08:11:26 PM »

I have never walked through Central Park.

Really?   You'd love it

George

« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2012, 08:17:11 PM »

Mad Men!

Crap.  Evidently, Comcast's Motorola DVRs can only record up to 24 series. :P I had "Mad Men" as one of my series to record, but it's not there anymore.  I need to decide what to delete so that "Mad Men" can be added back in. :(

"Desperate Housewives" is ending, but not soon enough.  "America's Got Talent" and "The Sing-Off" are seasonal, but I don't want to miss when they start.  I think that I can drop "Falling Skies," the sci-fi show with Noah Wyle.  Thinking about it, I just don't care to find out what happens.

George

« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2012, 08:49:52 PM »

Back from a surprisingly fun day.  The paperback fair was filled - I sold a book (unusual), someone brought a copy of Writer's Block for me to sign, and I sat next to an author who seems to have known me, although I had no memory of him - I suspect he was maybe remembering Joel Kimmel, the actor and writer.  But he knew Nudie and we had fun.  His name is David Gerrold and I gather he's quite the Star Trek guy - he wrote the classic episode The Trouble With Tribbles and others.   Grant Geissman was there so after I finished with the signing part we hung out.  I saw several dealer friends and I made a little trade and am now the proud owner of a first edition that's eluded me for decades - Lolita - the original two-volume paperback from Olympia.  This is one of the hardest sets to find in any kind of decent condition and I'd have to say these copies of volume one and two are pretty terrific and probably worth double the trade I did.  So, yay.

Congrats on the acquisition, BK!

George

« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »

Actually, thank you to all of you who have offered vibes and prayers.

~~~CONTINUED AND ADDITIONAL VIBES FOR DR TCB!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2012, 09:16:02 PM »

The power went out about ten minutes ago. It came back on in two spurts then went off again. This city is so pathetic. We get the first major rain that we really need and the power goes out! But not across the street to the west. Power is fine there. So, nothing to do until it comes back on which will hopefully be soon. Unbelievable. No heat obviously and it's already getting cold. Hopefully it won't hurt anything with the computer.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2012, 09:35:23 PM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2012, 09:36:17 PM »

Cold outside.

Rainy outside.

Dark black outside.

8)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »

Took another 3 hr nap today.

What a treat.

:) :) :)

Sam

« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2012, 09:38:20 PM »

Goodnight everyone.

Absolute mega vibes for everyone who needs them.

And for the rest of us also.

Sleep well.  Sweet dreams.

;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up