Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE APRIL FOOLS  (Read 42460 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE APRIL FOOLS
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2012, 05:53:06 PM »

VIBES for TCB (did you ever get your pain meds?)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »

VIBES for Ginny

vixmom

« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »

LATERS!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »

Now this what "Pipe Dream" should sound like. I listened to the original cast twice and I had the voices of all three leads. This is much better.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I_fe-2voW0Q

Who are the performers?
Will Chase and Laura Osnes, then Leslie Uggams.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2012, 06:04:04 PM »

Just harvested a load of loquats, which I've started to pickle. First major harvest from this tree, which I planted 11 years ago. And I haven't made a dent in what the tree has one it.

Looks like loquat pie and loquat cobbler this week.

what in the world is a loquat?

A fruit. It's what sweet-and-sour sauce is made from.

Here's a link with more information:

http://www.loquatworld.com/
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »

Really got into cooking today. Started the loquat pickles, then made a Hawaiian Horseradish Salad that would be a good harosset for Passover with apples, celery, walnuts and mayo in addition to the horseradish.

Then I made strawberry-loquat empanadas. I've never made empanadas before, so I hope they came out OK. They're too hot at the moment to pick up.

And for dinner: Low-carb tacos. I used cabbage leaves instead of taco shells and filled them with pork belly, radishes, onions, cilantro from the garden, jalapenos and salsa. Mighty fine. And unlike the empanada, they're on the diet.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2012, 06:22:44 PM »

I have to call the dentist tomorrow though as i broke my left rear molar - I suspect that I am going to lose it now which ticks me off as it cost an arm and a leg for the root canal

VIBES THE TOOTH CAN BE SAVED!!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »

DR Jennifer I went to Goodreads & couldn't find anything about email options.  I did find several recommendations that looked interesting.  I also rated a number of books.  I will try to be better about doing so which should improve the quality of suggested books for me to read.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2012, 06:26:23 PM »

Help!

I tried to sign in to Facebook on my smart phone, but it temporarily blocked my account and then sent me an e-mail saying that someone had tried to log in to my account.  When I went into Facebook to say that it was oklay to allow me on the other device, it said the account was accessed from Overland park, Kansas and not Tacoma.  Why wuold that be?

When you tried to sign in on your phone did you not get the password the first time? Regardless of where you tried to access your facebook page. As long as you got the password correct wouldn't you be okay? 

This is DR Danise's phone, right? Not sure why it would say Kansas. Can you still log in from your computer?

No, I couldn't sign into Facebook on either machine; until I went thru their security system.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »

VIBES for TCB (did you ever get your pain meds?)

Yes.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2012, 06:41:28 PM »

Just harvested a load of loquats, which I've started to pickle. First major harvest from this tree, which I planted 11 years ago. And I haven't made a dent in what the tree has one it.

Are they related to kum?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »

Really got into cooking today. Started the loquat pickles, then made a Hawaiian Horseradish Salad that would be a good harosset for Passover with apples, celery, walnuts and mayo in addition to the horseradish.

Then I made strawberry-loquat empanadas. I've never made empanadas before, so I hope they came out OK. They're too hot at the moment to pick up.

And for dinner: Low-carb tacos. I used cabbage leaves instead of taco shells and filled them with pork belly, radishes, onions, cilantro from the garden, jalapenos and salsa. Mighty fine. And unlike the empanada, they're on the diet.

Is there another word that is used to describe pork bellies?  I don't think I have seen those in the stores here.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »

A pathetic kumquat.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »

I'm up to the Grammy Awards.

I begged you to fire him!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2012, 07:21:49 PM »

VIBES for Ginny

Thank you, DR Vixmom - and dental vibes for you!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »

DR Jennifer I went to Goodreads & couldn't find anything about email options.  I did find several recommendations that looked interesting.  I also rated a number of books.  I will try to be better about doing so which should improve the quality of suggested books for me to read.
I will look around there tomorrow to see if i notice anything.  Off thetop of my head the only thing i can think od is that you ticked the "follow reviews" when you became friends.

John G.

« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2012, 08:16:16 PM »

Are they related to kum?
Nope. Kumquats are a citrus fruit. These aren't.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2012, 08:17:25 PM »

Is there another word that is used to describe pork bellies?  I don't think I have seen those in the stores here.
No. That's what it is. And except for the place I found it, it's often overpriced. .
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »

Starting to watch "Tanner '88" for the first time in ages. I don't know if I can stomach the fact that the political scene is still as inane and insane as it was back then.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2012, 08:33:58 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2012, 12:23:55 AM »

Today, I've been watching TV...a lot of TV.  I also finally decided to clear some things off my DVD burner.  I don't know how much room my DVD burner actually has, but I know how much time I have left:  about 6 hours on the XP speed.  I still have things on there going all the way back 2008!  I just burned a DVD of pop/rock performers on TV talk shows...performers like John Legend, OK Go, Weezer, Maroon 5...just a bunch of totally random songs that I liked.  The newest musical clip that I decided to burn is November 2011.  This first disc is about 2 hours long, so that's 2 hours cleared off.

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2012, 12:39:42 AM »

And now, to bed.

Good night, all.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2012, 12:48:35 AM »

Back from an absolutely great show - more in the notes, but it really could not have gone better, with one tiny exception which had nothing to do with the show itself or the sound and lighting, but with the digital grand piano.  We're now all going to actively pressure Michael Sterling to get a real piano in there.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up