Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUNNY HOP  (Read 34792 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE BUNNY HOP
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »

We got home from Lima about 1:30, plenty of time to get some last-minute things done and now have some time to chill before the guests arrive.

Chilling is good.  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »

Are there specific books you are curious about DR Jeanne?

Jane

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »

And now, I need to take a shower, get dressed and go to my sister's to make vegan frosting for vegan cupcakes to be brought to our parents' house for Easter.  They're actually quite good.

What flavor are the cupcakes?

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2012, 02:25:08 PM »

DR Jane if you do not want to review books on goodreads you could still add your books ad mark them as read when you finis. Then you could tell how many books you've read during the year. Plus it gives people looking at your account a more accurate reflection of what you have read.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »

I finished THE BOOK THIEF last week. Wonderful book.

Is ANY book with a young protagonist labeled Young Adult? Does anyone know? 

In Australia it was not published as a young adult book.  Last week I read an early, YA, book of his called I AM THE MESSENGER.   Zusak took The Book Thief to his YA publisher who, after reading it, walked it across the hall to the traditional offices.  I'm not sure why this was published as YA in the US. 

DR Jennifer knows far more than I do about this subject.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2012, 02:30:26 PM »

DR Jane if you do not want to review books on goodreads you could still add your books ad mark them as read when you finis. Then you could tell how many books you've read during the year. Plus it gives people looking at your account a more accurate reflection of what you have read.

I know I should do this.  Have you read any of Markus Zusak's books?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »

Melody has arrived and it's time to rehearse.  Then FOOD - that's the best part of all this. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »

I'm starving - I wonder what we shall eat?

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »

In Australia it was not published as a young adult book.  Last week I read an early, YA, book of his called I AM THE MESSENGER.   Zusak took The Book Thief to his YA publisher who, after reading it, walked it across the hall to the traditional offices.  I'm not sure why this was published as YA in the US. 

I wasn't sure if DR Jeanne was just talking about this one book or about others. One thing I have found is that there are a lot of YA books now that are not  written  too young. There are some books that seem more geared for teens. But the majority to me are quite complex and geared for older readers. Especially this new category of dystopia.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2012, 02:38:37 PM »

I realized I've only been rating the books.  Should I click on "currently reading"?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 02:40:14 PM by Jane »

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »

In Australia it was not published as a young adult book.  Last week I read an early, YA, book of his called I AM THE MESSENGER.   Zusak took The Book Thief to his YA publisher who, after reading it, walked it across the hall to the traditional offices.  I'm not sure why this was published as YA in the US. 

I often compare books with other people on goodreads (there is a button that does this). I always assume it is accurate. Especially for people who have a lot of books in their files like you do.  How do you check if you have already ready a book. Or do you keep a list of what you want to read?

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »

I realized I've only been rating the books.  Should I click on "currently reading"?
Well you will need to switch the books to read. But if you do not put the date you finished or this year it wll not count in your reads for this year.

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »

I know I should do this.  Have you read any of Markus Zusak's books?
No I have not.

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »

DR Jane I am not sure if I understood what you meant. Did you want to move books you have read and rated to show you have read them?

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2012, 02:48:48 PM »

I requested a book on netgalley today that I really really want. Sually it is only 50-50 that you get what you request. Although since I am not a blogger I probably have less of a chance.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »

I often compare books with other people on goodreads (there is a button that does this). I always assume it is accurate. Especially for people who have a lot of books in their files like you do.  How do you check if you have already ready a book. Or do you keep a list of what you want to read?

I keep two lists on my computer,  "Books I have read" and "Books I want to read".  I used to carry the want to read list with me at all times, now I use it to find eBooks on line.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »

DR Jane I am not sure if I understood what you meant. Did you want to move books you have read and rated to show you have read them?

Only that I was giving the books I've read ratings without indicating I was reading them.  I really haven't spent time exploring Goodreads to know my way around it yet.  When I open it I can see what my friends are doing & need to find where is shows what I'm doing.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2012, 02:54:47 PM »

I requested a book on netgalley today that I really really want. Sually it is only 50-50 that you get what you request. Although since I am not a blogger I probably have less of a chance.

I'm unfamiliar with this.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »

I added the date read to a few of my books on Goodreads.  I seem to be missing most of the ones I read this year.  My personal list is alphabetical by the author.  I will try to remember to mark the books on Goodreads from now on.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2012, 03:06:10 PM »

Happy Easter to y'all!

Spending the day with my Mom and my sisters at the hospital.  It may be Mom's last day here if her doctor gives the okay to let her go to rehab tomorrow.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »

BK's notes on the original production of CABARET reminded me that Easter weekend was when I saw my first B'way show, PURLIE. 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »

Good news about DR Vixmom's Mom, but continued recovery vibes for her.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »

Happy Easter to y'all!

Spending the day with my Mom and my sisters at the hospital.  It may be Mom's last day here if her doctor gives the okay to let her go to rehab tomorrow.

GOOD VIBES SHE WILL GO TO REHAB TOMORROW!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2012, 03:49:22 PM »

Vegan cupcakes?  So you leave the meat out of them?

Yup...radical idea, I know, but that's the way my sister likes 'em.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »

And now, I need to take a shower, get dressed and go to my sister's to make vegan frosting for vegan cupcakes to be brought to our parents' house for Easter.  They're actually quite good.

What flavor are the cupcakes?

I don't know..yet.  My sister had me put some raspberry preserves on the tops of the cupcakes before I frosted them with vanilla frosting, but I don't know if there are any specific flavors in the cupcakes themselves.  I'll find out a little later. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2012, 03:51:51 PM »

I wouldn't like the raspberry preserves.  You said they tasted good, did you mean the frosting?

Report later :)

George

« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »

I wouldn't like the raspberry preserves.  You said they tasted good, did you mean the frosting?

The frosting is very good (of course, I made it ;)), but I meant that cupcakes that she's made in the past have been very good, so I am assuming that these will be, too.

She's made cupcakes of various flavors, so I don't know what she chose for this particular batch.

George

« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2012, 03:58:48 PM »

And now, it's off to the parents' place.

Have a good rest of the day, all! ;D

Jane

« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »

The frosting is very good (of course, I made it ;)), but I meant that cupcakes that she's made in the past have been very good, so I am assuming that these will be, too.

She's made cupcakes of various flavors, so I don't know what she chose for this particular batch.

No tasting then, just frosting them.  OK, what flavor is the frosting?

Jane

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »

And now, it's off to the parents' place.

Have a good rest of the day, all! ;D

Have fun!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up