Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: LUNCH THEATER  (Read 41459 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: LUNCH THEATER
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »

DR TCB, so nice to see you posting just like you always have.   

Thanks everyone, I am going to try and post on a more regular basis.  I am tired and I am sore, but I am feeling beter all the time.  Let me assure you that if I had stayed at that Care Center, I would not have gotten better with time.

The worst part about the place was the noise.  At any time, day or night, there were three men who never stopped screaming, swearing, begging, jabbering, pleading, etc.  One of the three was, I believe, a stroke victim.  He had created his own language which he shouted 24-hours a day.  There was always, at least, three or four Nurses Call Buttons ringing and never answered.  One bell, my first night, rang for twelve straight hours.  If I had been able to sleep, it might have been bearable, but since I was sleepin on a slab of concrete, that didn't happen.  Once I told them on Thursday morning that I was leaving, they brought out the strong-arm troops.

There was a whole bunch of crap, but basically I wanted out.  I have my first surgery follow-up appointment on the 26th, the office has assured me that I will be given all the tools I need at that time for my rehab.

~~~CONTINUED RECOVERY VIBES FOR DR TCB!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »

More ketch-up:

Geoge was gloating keeping us advised as to this Blockbuster DVD spree.

Well, I can do him one better by sharing our Blockbuster Sale list:

Regular DVD

Closer, The - the Complete First Season
Bunraku
Crazy Heart
Deliverance
Education, An
Hereafter
Iron Man 2
Italian Job, The (1969)
Last King of Scotland, The
Tree of Life, The

Bleu & Raye

Across the Universe
A-Team, The
August Rush
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Bolt
Clash of the Titans (1981)
Clash of the Titans (2010)
District 9
Harry Brown
Informant, The
Internationale, The
Italian Job, The (2003)
Kids Are All Right, The
Knight and Day
Letters from Iwo Jima
Red
Revolutionary Road
Single Man, A
State of Play
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

For fear that we would run oput of viewing amterial, we also went to OOPS (remnder store in the Outlets) and scored the following at $5 each:

Body of Lies
Bodyguard, The
Far From Heaven
Firestarter
Firestarter 2: Rekindled
Gettysburg
Notes on a Scandal
Papillon
Pelican Brief, The
Shockwave - The Complete Season One
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf??
Chariots of Fire
Dog Day Afternoon
Executive Decision
Unlawful Entry
Invention of Lying, The
Jackal, The
Mommy Dearest
Petulia
Ripley's Game
Training Day
Fallen

I keep hoping my time on this mortal coil will not conclude with un-viewed DVDs on the shelf.

der Brucer

Wow!  You definitely got me beat.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2012, 10:17:12 PM »

Here's another photo from the conference.  We always have a silent auction to raise money for AAUW philanthropies.  I created Middletown's contribution from a totebag that says "Got Books?"  Filled it with some items from our recent booksale and other members contributed things like a book light and a Barnes & Noble gift card.  The entire silent auction made $1,401 and our item went for $55:

Congrats Ginny!

George

« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »

So this afternoon, a bunch of us read through our director Pug's first cut of "Titus Andronicus."  The actual read time was about 90 minutes, which is about where she wants it.  Of course, the actual performances will be a bit longer, but the whole thing should be less than 2 hours, not including intermission.

George

« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2012, 10:58:49 PM »

Everyone there seemed pretty excited about the whole thing. :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up