Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DROWSY ME  (Read 40409 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: THE DROWSY ME
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 06:33:47 AM »

TOD:

A Greek Omlette. 

Mmmm... I wouldn't mind having one myself now...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 06:35:51 AM »

~~~~~~~~ PAGE TWO GREEK OMLETTE DANCE!   ~~~~~~~~~

(please smash only clean plates on the floor...)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 06:40:38 AM »

TOD:  Jello instant fat free, sugar free pudding.

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 06:46:14 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  My first mission today is to get Richard's prescription meds to the mailing place for overnight shipping to his seminary in Wisconsin (clergy retreat).  Later this afternoon, I'll take Mom to her follow-up appointment with the chiropractor.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 06:46:54 AM »

Thank for the continued vibes for Mom.  They have been working--Mom was feeling great this weekend and in excellent spirits. 

That's great news, DR Dan (the Man) - more vibes for Mom!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 06:48:57 AM »

DR Elmore - sorry about the recording difficulties.

Kerry

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 06:54:03 AM »

VIBES to all.  And strong vibes at that!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 06:54:56 AM »

TOD:  Macaroni and Cheese, always.
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »

Betsy and I have managed to stay married for 18 years as of today.  I have a sneaking suspicion it's been easier for me than for her.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 07:20:11 AM »

Happy Anniversary to Betsy and DR JMK!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 07:57:25 AM »

Nice new avatar, Ginny.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »

Betsy and I have managed to stay married for 18 years as of today.  I have a sneaking suspicion it's been easier for me than for her.
Is it because she doesn't read your posts, either?  ;)

And congratulations.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 08:00:58 AM »

Nice new avatar, Ginny.

Thanks, DR John G!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 08:04:51 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! I suspect the visit was a needless trip, so I'll be heading back uptown very shortly.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 08:32:15 AM »

Yes, lovely new avatar DR GINNY.

DR ELMORE - the right person is out there....as they say.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 08:32:28 AM »

Continued vibes for the mother of DR DtM.

FJL

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »

Happy Anniversary to Betsy and DR JMK!

Yes, best wishes from us as well!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 09:00:50 AM »

The production of Titanic that I posted links to yesterday was the Australian production.

After viewing this production I felt it was like seeing it for the first time. I saw the equity tour without the elaborate NYC sets. I have practically no memory of this theater going experience.

Because it SUCKED!!!!!   Well, that's not totally true - it was sung well.  But the physical production was SO bad.  I saw it twice, once in LA (special trip just to see it) and once in SF.  Same production.  I loved the score, I think I just closed my eyes  LOL

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »

Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs DR JMK......we need to see a wedding photo.

John G.

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »

The production of Titanic that I posted links to yesterday was the Australian production.

After viewing this production I felt it was like seeing it for the first time. I saw the equity tour without the elaborate NYC sets. I have practically no memory of this theater going experience.

Because it SUCKED!!!!!   Well, that's not totally true - it was sung well.  But the physical production was SO bad.  I saw it twice, once in LA (special trip just to see it) and once in SF.  Same production.  I loved the score, I think I just closed my eyes  LOL

I tend to agree. I liked the idea of not showing the ship during the song where they board. And I love most of the music, but I remember a few really cheap moments, one that looked like black garbage bags being used for water at night. Another was of the tiny boat sinking.

But I also remember a sea of beautiful voices, especially in "Ladies' Maid."
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 09:52:43 AM »

TOD:    Mashed potatoes....with cheese, or sour cream and chives or garlic and butter.   Jello.   Pork and beans.   Or baked beans.   Or beans and franks (cut the franks up so you dn't have to chew very much).

Pancakes or waffles.

Any number of egg dishes...omelettes, fried, scrambled, souffle.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:32 AM »

This past weekend's ABC miniseries "Titanic" was a disappointment.  Too much of a cliched ripoff of Cameron's film...dull characterizations...give me the 1953 version any day for a fictional story melded with factual presentation of the dramatic story.

As good as "A Night to Remember" is, I've always found it a bit "dry".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »

TOD:  Jello instant fat free, sugar free pudding.

Oh, yes....PUDDING....mustn't leave out PUDDING!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »

And, of course, for variety, I added GRITS to my soft foods menu a couple of years ago after LANAPP surgery.

But I'm thinking you don't do grits.   ;)

However, rice....specifically risotto in its various guises/flavors can be a wonderful treat.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »

The TITANIC musical score was not my cup of tea. 
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 10:11:17 AM »

I entirely skipped the miniseries this weekend.  Saturday night my sister and I opted to watch GREAT EXPECTATIONS which I had DVR'ed.  I enjoyed Gillian Anderson's creepy performance but she was *not* playing Miss Havisham (more like a less lucid Ghost of Christmas Past.)  Overall, I found it way too emo in tone--hard as it is to imagine, but they managed to suck the joy out of the book for this adaption.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »

And Ditto Happy Anniversary wishes for DR JMK and Betsy!
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »

I entirely skipped the miniseries this weekend.  Saturday night my sister and I opted to watch GREAT EXPECTATIONS which I had DVR'ed.  I enjoyed Gillian Anderson's creepy performance but she was *not* playing Miss Havisham (more like a less lucid Ghost of Christmas Past.)  Overall, I found it way too emo in tone--hard as it is to imagine, but they managed to suck the joy out of the book for this adaption.

I enjoyed the first half very much.  But the second half was too dreary for words.  The adult Pip was BORING and uninvolving and dull.   Whoever cast him did it for looks, not talent. 

Agree partly on Gillian Anderson.  She was a bit too young in appearance, and seemed less like Miss Havisham and more like what you suggested..."the ghost of Christmas day before yesterday".  They needed a Martita Hunt!!!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:26:07 AM by Ron Pulliam »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »

Thanks for the wishes.

Speaking of TITANIC the musical, I'm listening to DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY and I must say I'm prone to saying it's another unmitigated disaster.  I actually like a lot of the music, but, oy, Yeston's lyrics are pretty lame at times.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »

I enjoyed the first half very much.  But the second half was too dreary for words.  The adult Pip was BORING and uninvolving and dull.   Whoever cast him did it for looks, not talent. 

Agree partly on Gillian Anderson.  She was a bit too young in appearance, and seemed less like Miss Havisham and more like what you suggested..."the ghost of Christmas day before yesterday".  They needed a Martita Hunt!!!

Thanks. I think  I'll skip it. After the horrible Ethan Hawke-Gwyneth Paltrow version, I'm leery of any adaptation of that.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up