Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: LSMFT  (Read 19877 times)

Michael

Re: LSMFT
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2011, 06:32:30 PM »

In other exciting news, my handy dandy new 5.1 mix of LOST HORIZON has arrived.

Did you get your replacement through WB? And if so did you just call their customer service # and they'll send you a replacement?
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »

DR Jennifer, good luck finding the clips so you can swim. 

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2011, 06:36:52 PM »

Did you get your replacement through WB? And if so did you just call their customer service # and they'll send you a replacement?

Nope, Amazon, where it's $5 cheaper.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »

did any one  go to the theatre to see West Side Story last night?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2011, 06:48:15 PM »

I got mine from Amazon, also.  But here's a "review" from today:

For those concerned about the dvd mix being in mono, here's a quote (and link) from an interview with Grover Crisp, Executive VP of Asset Management, Film Restoration & Digital Mastering at Sony Pictures.

Q - The new DVD was released mono, but the press release indicated a new 5.1. What happened?

A - Quite frankly, I still don't know how it happened, except that somewhere in the manufacturing chain there was a mix-up and the wrong audio file was encoded. An honest mistake, but one that is obviously embarrassing and for which we apologize. The problem has been rectified now and as of last week all new discs manufactured have the correct 5.1 and anyone who wants a replacement can exchange it at the point of sale. All sellers should be aware of this.

Hope this helps.

The link that he referenced does not show in his comment.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2011, 07:08:23 PM »

Well, the lights just got turned off...I guess the janitor didn't realize that I'm still here.  And she probably also set the alarm.  I'll have to turn it off, then turn it back on to be able to leave.  So, I guess I need to leave.  Fortunately, it's time for me to leave.  So, I'm leaving...work, that is.

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: November 10, 2011, 07:09:49 PM »

Vibes for everyone!!

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2011, 07:44:47 PM »

tonight I went to Puss in Boots in 3D and was the only person in the theater.   

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »

I got mine from Amazon, also.  But here's a "review" from today:

For those concerned about the dvd mix being in mono, here's a quote (and link) from an interview with Grover Crisp, Executive VP of Asset Management, Film Restoration & Digital Mastering at Sony Pictures.

Q - The new DVD was released mono, but the press release indicated a new 5.1. What happened?

A - Quite frankly, I still don't know how it happened, except that somewhere in the manufacturing chain there was a mix-up and the wrong audio file was encoded. An honest mistake, but one that is obviously embarrassing and for which we apologize. The problem has been rectified now and as of last week all new discs manufactured have the correct 5.1 and anyone who wants a replacement can exchange it at the point of sale. All sellers should be aware of this.

Hope this helps.

The link that he referenced does not show in his comment.

That's from HTF.  All you need to do is email/call Amazon or WBShop and request a replacement.  They'll send you a return label to send back the mono one.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »

tonight I went to Puss in Boots in 3D and was the only person in the theater.   
I sometimes enjoy that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2011, 09:49:51 PM »

Night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2011, 10:20:24 PM »

BK:

I have some questions about the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang cd (2cd)

I am wondering if I am correction on my assertions.

1) The Chu-Chi Face (Playback) sounds like the dance music at the castle (Sung after the vocal of Chu-Chi-Face and before Doll On the Music Box)

2) Doll On a Music Box (Part 3) Is this the actually version as heard and seen in the film rather than the version heard on the first cd1?  As Dick Van Dyke stops singing three times. Twice being hit by Howes and once seeing his reflection.

And on CD1

Also what exactly are differences between the LP & film music  for Chitty CHitty Bang Bang (Finale) & The Exit Music? I don't hear the differences

I don't know the differences on the playback versions.  There's no difference in the exit music or finale other than they're completely different mixes and sound.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2011, 10:22:07 PM »

George, you should have absolutely gotten a signed booklet - I'm now petrified that the helper somehow screwed up the invoices, which I had in strict arrival order, which is how they were given to her and she was told she could NOT screw up that order by turning them the wrong way or whatever.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2011, 10:22:58 PM »

Matthew's order came in almost three hours later, so he probably missed it.  George, I kept five emergency booklets for just this problem, so I'll instruct the helper to send you one.

George

« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2011, 10:35:08 PM »

Matthew's order came in almost three hours later, so he probably missed it.  George, I kept five emergency booklets for just this problem, so I'll instruct the helper to send you one.

Thanks, BK.  Hopefully, you won't run out of those five. :-\

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2011, 11:54:54 PM »

I'm just trying to ascertain how it could have happened.  I haven't heard back from the helper yet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2011, 11:55:22 PM »

I do know that some early orderers did get their signed copy so that's what's baffling right now.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up