Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: A SIGNING SUCCESS  (Read 13999 times)

FJL

Re: A SIGNING SUCCESS
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2012, 07:15:40 PM »

More vibes to Jane and family

DR Iris

« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »

Jane...so sorry to read your heartbreaking update.
Wishing you strength and courage in the days to come.

DR Iris

« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2012, 08:19:23 PM »

Larry-Wow!
Your paranormal experiences are fascinating!

DR Iris

« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »

Vibes to all who need them.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »

Back from the River Parade and am really tired. Night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »

I think if there were truly a movie version of Lucky Stiff happening in June it would not only be on the imdb it would have been announced everywhere.  In order to shoot in June they'd have to be fully cast and in pre-production now.  It sounds like a load of hooey, just like listing their upcoming productions as if they had anything to do with them other than having written them.  It's the usual sort of "let's keep our names current and out there."
I thought it was an odd choice and probably expensive to film because of the overseas location, but I would welcome it. Stranger things have happened. That film of "Forever Plaid" went nowhere. Is it even on DVD?

Yes, it is.

It bombed because Jason Graae wasn't in it :-)
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2012, 11:39:28 PM »

Finished with my marathon four films of Wallander - I couldn't stop.  Series one is done.  It would be almost five years between series one and series two, which I believe began airing in 2010.  I will have series two this week.  I have mixed feelings about it, since two key cast members from series one are not in series two - one ends the association with the show in the final episode of series one, and one, the actress who plays Linda Wallander, tragically committed suicide less than a year after series one wrapped - at thirty-three.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2012, 11:42:56 PM »

That final episode was one of the most powerful ninety minutes of TV I've ever seen.  It was originally shown in theaters in Sweden, one of three of the films that had that treatment from series one.  And it's as good as any movie shown here.  It's VERY dark and grim and there is no happiness in the entire episode, but boy is it compelling and brilliant.  The guest star is the actor who would go on to play in the second and third Stieg Larsson films, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - I'm convinced he got the key role of Dr. Teleborian from the performance in Wallander - he is ICKY in both.  But a wonderful actor.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up