Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A SIGNING SUCCESS  (Read 14000 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: A SIGNING SUCCESS
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 07:23:23 AM »

Good morning, all! The ghost struck at 3:30 this morning and turned on my computer, freaking me out and ;eaving me awake for some time. Beyond that I slept poorly, partly - I suppose - from sleeping too long the night before. I had one rather sad dream about friends aging and dying  - my only memory is being on the street with a lady I knew and her collapsing like a marionette whose strings are cut. I've been feeling rather melancholy about it since i got out of bed.

Last night I was up longer than I had intended, writing a synopsis of DEAREST ENEMY and dealing with emails. The Herbert songs are now arriving and I'm getting responses from the singers and acknowledged.
Today I head dwn to Toyland to assemble the full scores and get them to Kinko's for binding. I need to book appointments, one for tomorrow wth my barber and another with Social Security to put it into effect.

BK, I'm really happy the event went so well.  I look forward to reports from the usual suspects.

TOD:  Jane Austen

Apparently I've missed your earlier posts on this subject.

"Ghost"?

Do you live in a haunted house, or was that a figure of speech?
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 08:03:28 AM »

Good morning, all! The ghost struck at 3:30 this morning and turned on my computer, freaking me out and ;eaving me awake for some time. Beyond that I slept poorly, partly - I suppose - from sleeping too long the night before. I had one rather sad dream about friends aging and dying  - my only memory is being on the street with a lady I knew and her collapsing like a marionette whose strings are cut. I've been feeling rather melancholy about it since i got out of bed.

Last night I was up longer than I had intended, writing a synopsis of DEAREST ENEMY and dealing with emails. The Herbert songs are now arriving and I'm getting responses from the singers and acknowledged.
Today I head dwn to Toyland to assemble the full scores and get them to Kinko's for binding. I need to book appointments, one for tomorrow wth my barber and another with Social Security to put it into effect.

BK, I'm really happy the event went so well.  I look forward to reports from the usual suspects.

"Ghost"?

There are ghosts in my building that wander about. I occasionally hear voices both male and female and she speaks, I think in German, things fall, doors rattle and shake, and about once a month someone in the middle of the night passes through my apartment and I wake and know that there's someone else in the apartment with me. One of them is, I believe, the man who hanged himself in the apartment below me around 1981. Waiting for the elevator, I've seen him in the hallway and I saw him once in my bathroom while I was sorting laundry; he wears a blue shirt. The neighbors above me have a ghost that takes things off the shelves and leaves them on the floor.

I was thinking the other day I've got an idea for a vampire novel: a tenant moves into an old building and gradually becomes aware that several of the tenants are vampires and taking over the building by infecting the other tenants.  This all started because I've had two tenants above me, the lasty and the current, who seems to party all night and sleep all day, and the fact that my elevator the other morning smelled like something had died in it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 08:25:42 AM »

"Ghost"?

There are ghosts in my building that wander about. I occasionally hear voices both male and female and she speaks, I think in German, things fall, doors rattle and shake, and about once a month someone in the middle of the night passes through my apartment and I wake and know that there's someone else in the apartment with me. One of them is, I believe, the man who hanged himself in the apartment below me around 1981. Waiting for the elevator, I've seen him in the hallway and I saw him once in my bathroom while I was sorting laundry; he wears a blue shirt. The neighbors above me have a ghost that takes things off the shelves and leaves them on the floor.

I was thinking the other day I've got an idea for a vampire novel: a tenant moves into an old building and gradually becomes aware that several of the tenants are vampires and taking over the building by infecting the other tenants.  This all started because I've had two tenants above me, the lasty and the current, who seems to party all night and sleep all day, and the fact that my elevator the other morning smelled like something had died in it.

That's a great idea for a novel.

Question: Have you ever tried to communicate with the ghosts?
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 08:26:37 AM »

Continued office and casting vibes to DR ELMORE.....the soon to be novelist.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 08:28:54 AM »

Ahrens & Flaherty.....there are some composers who become famous and who win Tony Awards - and whose music and lyrics still mean nothing to me.....nor does the idea of a movie of one of their "shows" or a Carnegie Hall presentation of their work excite me.

Why does mediocrity keep being rewarded?  Or is it because there is nothing grand to compare things to now?

A musical of "Rocky" -  really?  A musical of Rocky Jones Space Ranger, maybe....but ROCKY?????

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 08:29:11 AM »

DR JMK.....

The Travel Agency:  Lime Away.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 08:30:13 AM »

Congrats to MR BK on the grand signing.

TOD:

Ayn Rand signing my first edition of Atlas Shrugged, but I am not sure I would like to talk to her.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »

"Ghost"?

No. I grew up in a house filled with ghostly activity and we did communicate with them; it was my maternal grandmother and grandfather. The ghost of the Siamese cat refused to communicate, although everyone saw it. My brother Randy, when he was around 7, hated to go to bed at night because of the oldman who came to talk to him. I asked him about it recently and he remembers nothing.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »

Continued office and casting vibes to DR ELMORE.....the soon to be novelist.

I'm not the prolific BK! I think I'm lucky if I can do the BABES IN TOYLAND book and scandalous memoirs before I kick.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:07:44 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 09:08:36 AM »

I really love today's weather in Manhattan: cloudy cool, a bit of rain. It's troo early for hot weather.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »

I don't mind most of the ghostly activity; it's just bumps in the night. Sometimes morning.  Several months ago, around 6:30am, a ghost slammed one of my closet doors really hard. It vibrated for several seconds.  I jumped.

I'll occasionally ask something like, are you in a bad mood today? or What are you doing over there?

It's the voices and the computer turning on that freak me out.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »

I don't think I'd call Ahrens and Flaherty mediocre.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »

From Cilla:
You don't lose any books you bought on B&N.   Do you have the First Edition or the color nook?   Mine was the first edition.  One thing I probably did wrong was that I thought it was frozen and tried to turn it off.   That may have contributed, but not sure.  So if it looks like it's not doing anything don't do anything to it and call customer support.  You may not lose anything that way

The Nook Color.

I know Barnes & Noble should have my books stored, I'm not sure if I could download from other sources.  Once I lost a library book I was reading & was able to transfer it again.  I think I'm only permitted to do that 3 times.  I purchase a number of my books from my local book store (through Google books).  I think I could download the books I haven't read yet as they are still on my computer.   I hope I never have to find out for sure.

Thanks for the "frozen nook" tip.   

Jane

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »

Bruce congratulations on your very successful book signing. :D

Jane

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 09:46:51 AM »

Off to work early. Doing a guest lecture at the Culinary Institute of America this morning, then back to work before heading off to the River Parade tonight for Fiesta. Tomorrow is another long day with a doctor's visit and the start of A Night in Old San Antonio (or NIOSA). So, some stamina vibes would be appreciated. Thanks.

Doctor's visit vibes for tomorrow!!!!

FJL

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 09:46:54 AM »

Bruce congratulations on your very successful book signing. :D

Likewise from us as well!!!!

Jane

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 09:48:35 AM »

OFFICE VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 09:48:50 AM »

I don't think I'd call Ahrens and Flaherty mediocre.

Mediocre or not, aside from ONCE IN THIS ISLAND I find all of their work unmemorable.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »

THIS made me LOL this morning when I opened the paper.  Lime was a running family joke for years, since we passed it every time we drove between SLC and Seattle.  We decided we wanted to buy it and came up with many names for businesses there:

Electric Company:  Limelight
Hospital:  Lime Aid
(and my personal favorite, which I came up with):
Used Car Company:  Lemon Lime

We will keep Lime in mind for when we sell this house.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2012, 09:50:50 AM »

*  *  *  *  *  Office Vibes for DR Elmore  *  *  *  *  *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »

*  *  *  *  *  Vibes for DR Vixmom  *  *  *  *  *
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2012, 09:55:21 AM »

I'm up.  It's overcast outside, but I'll still attempt the jog in about thirty minutes.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2012, 09:55:32 AM »

I did not fall asleep until around 4:30 this morning.  At least I used the time well and read an excellent book, DOWN RIVER by John Hart.  Part of the time I couldn't sleep because I wouldn't disturb Sherlock who had kind of pushed the lower part of my body partially off the bed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »

Where ARE the usual suspects who were at the signing?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2012, 09:57:36 AM »

Good morning!

TOD:  "To Kill A Mockingbird" -- Nelle Harper Lee

I'd want to sit and talk with her about the real people and events behind the story.  How much was based on her dad, her brother, her two sisters?  And which character, if any, represents her sister Alice, who is a real hoot to listen to on the DVD "Hey, Boo" documentary.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:09 AM »

TOD:

It would either be Ben Franklin or Mark Twain to discuss their work in general.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »

THIS made me LOL this morning when I opened the paper.  Lime was a running family joke for years, since we passed it every time we drove between SLC and Seattle.  We decided we wanted to buy it and came up with many names for businesses there:

Electric Company:  Limelight
Hospital:  Lime Aid
(and my personal favorite, which I came up with):
Used Car Company:  Lemon Lime

We will keep Lime in mind for when we sell this house.

And, of course, if the town were revitalized and had a mayor, it could honor celebrated guests and/or heroes with the "Key Lime to the Town".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »

Good morning!

TOD:  "To Kill A Mockingbird" -- Nelle Harper Lee

I'd want to sit and talk with her about the real people and events behind the story.  How much was based on her dad, her brother, her two sisters?  And which character, if any, represents her sister Alice, who is a real hoot to listen to on the DVD "Hey, Boo" documentary.

Miss Lee was one of my top choices, too.  I would just be afraid that she would talk about anything else *but* her novel.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2012, 10:01:19 AM »

"Ghost"?

No. I grew up in a house filled with ghostly activity and we did communicate with them; it was my maternal grandmother and grandfather. The ghost of the Siamese cat refused to communicate, although everyone saw it. My brother Randy, when he was around 7, hated to go to bed at night because of the oldman who came to talk to him. I asked him about it recently and he remembers nothing.

I wonder if there is such a thing as "bed bug ghosts"!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »

And I adore sister Alice Lee, too!  She could provide a lively and fascinating lunch conversation herself.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up