Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VULTURES  (Read 8840 times)

KevinH

Re: THE VULTURES
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »

Greetings from Washington National Airport.  On my way to the city that never sleeps.   

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 08:59:32 AM »

Nice photo, DR Ginny--too bad you're not in it!

There are some others in the same scrapbook, DR KevinH, that I'm in.  I'll try to grab them - thanks for asking!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 09:02:57 AM »

My niece (golf pro Laura) is coming over to visit with Gram and my sister and I are going out shopping/lunching.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »

I'm really tired.  I was going to work today, but it isn't going to happen.  I think I did something to my ankle last night while working the book sale.   Anyway, I'm feeling a bit like I've been run over by a truck...not that I know what that really feels like, since I haven't in fact been run over by a truck, but at least what I imagine it feels like

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 10:47:34 AM »

I should run down to Jitters.  They are having the best cookie in Siouxland contest and the best dog cookie in Siouxland contest.  Homeless dogs are the judges for the best home made dog cookies.  It could be quite interesting

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »

Methinks MBarnum and JR will probably be interested in some of the new MGM vault titles coming to WB Archives.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »

I'm up - got up at nine-thirty but stayed in bed being lazy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »

Now if I'm to jog must do so.

Kerry

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »

It's Saturday, and rather than sleeping in, I helped a friend at his booth at the Farmer's Market.  SO, now I'm going to take a nap.  Because I can.
I like boat races.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 12:26:57 PM »

Saturday morning greetings!  We're having some down time today.  Mom is still sleeping and I'm trying to be quiet.  This is the actual 50th wedding that we'll celebrate tomorrow.  On this day in 1962, my sister and her husband were married and I wore nylon stockings for the first time as their junior bridesmaid.  I know - TMI...

Not TMI, it is cute. :)  Wearing nylons for the first time was exciting.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:01:11 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »

Yesterday DR Jane wrote:
Your grandmother might have been confused when she left the lamp to your sister.  Have you ever asked her for it?  Did your grandmother leave you something you can trade it for?  If your sister doesn't want to give you the lamp maybe she will lend it to you.

AT the time it bothered me. But whatever. I'm trying to remember if i got anything equal. I don't think so which is probably why it bugged me. I think it wasn't so much that my sister got it. But rather that i had always loved it and then it was specifically given to someone else.

I got that is was about your grandmother, not your sister and that obviously your sister doesn't love it like you do.  It really sounds to me like your grandmother confused which one of you loved it.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2012, 12:29:35 PM »

Nice photo, DR Ginny--too bad you're not in it!

There are some others in the same scrapbook, DR KevinH, that I'm in.  I'll try to grab them - thanks for asking!

Ditto & Ditto on DR Kevin's comment.  I'm looking forward to see the photo of you.

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2012, 01:06:35 PM »

feel better DR Cillaliz. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jane

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »

Sherlock had a restless night, which means so did we.  All was better when we took him for a hike.  He was able to greet a few dogs, see a horse, and trot after a guy on his mountain bike.

We are taking each day one at a time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »

Back from the jog and picking up some packages, including the complete series two of Wallander.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2012, 02:01:54 PM »

Home for a bit between events.  Rehearsal for Grease was fun and went well.  Tonight is the official opening of Annie which is going fine.  Love the show and our cast and orchestra, but have been REALLY tired this week.  Usually, tech week doesn't get to me with the long hours and such, but this time, it nearly killed me.  So, tomorrow after the matinee, I plan to have dinner and crash.  Tonight, a few of my pals from the cast and I will head over to the Four Seasons for a drink and whatever the DP decides to put in front of us.  It'll be another late night.  Ah, the joys of the theatre!

FJL

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2012, 02:14:40 PM »

Condolences to Peggy's family from both of us

FJL

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2012, 02:17:44 PM »

Jury duty was rather uneventful.  The people officiating the room were quite funny in their prepared presentations, though.

And there was a movie which featured Diane Sawyer as part of the orientation..

FJL

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »

The first day of jury duty, they gave us a 1-3/4 hour lunch break, so I was able to get together for lunch with a friend who works in the area.

FJL

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2012, 02:20:35 PM »

Funniest shtick:  We were in a voir dire room about to be questioned by the lawyers and the court official came in and said something like (I'm paraphrasing)

"You did such a good job as a jury pool that they settled the case before asking you a single selection question."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »

It was a looooong day at Toyland, and now I'm home. I'm very happy to be here.

I got two ROBERTA scores finished and scanned and looked over the new parts being generated for DEAREST ENEMY. I have several options on how to proceed with them. Next week I'll deal with it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »

Home for a bit between events.  Rehearsal for Grease was fun and went well.  Tonight is the official opening of Annie which is going fine.  Love the show and our cast and orchestra, but have been REALLY tired this week.  Usually, tech week doesn't get to me with the long hours and such, but this time, it nearly killed me.  So, tomorrow after the matinee, I plan to have dinner and crash.  Tonight, a few of my pals from the cast and I will head over to the Four Seasons for a drink and whatever the DP decides to put in front of us.  It'll be another late night.  Ah, the joys of the theatre!

Except for the fatigue it sounds like you are enjoying yourself very much. :)

FJL

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »

The brilliant actor Lou Liberatore [Tony nominee for his amazing performance in BURN THIS] was also on jury duty. 

You could tell who the intense theater fans were, because when his name was announced in the general roll call, you could see some people quickly looking as he went into the jurors area.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2012, 02:25:04 PM »

Funniest shtick:  We were in a voir dire room about to be questioned by the lawyers and the court official came in and said something like (I'm paraphrasing)

"You did such a good job as a jury pool that they settled the case before asking you a single selection question."

?   LOL.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2012, 02:41:46 PM »

DR JohnG - I love Dawn Powell and have thought of working up a Chautauqua-style re-enactment!
You go!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »

Jury duty was rather uneventful.  The people officiating the room were quite funny in their prepared presentations, though.

And there was a movie which featured Diane Sawyer as part of the orientation..
What? To scare you all? (Sorry, not a fan, even if she is from Louisville.)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »

Well, I left the house this morning without my camera. I borrowed my friend's camera but her batteries died before the really pooch floats came by. So, we watch some dogs then went and had champagne, a margarita, lunch and a few other niceties in the afternoon.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »

Here are a few pix I did get. The guy in the back in part of Rey Feo's Fiesta court. They all have to wear the uniform during Fiesta:

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »

Pretty in pink.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2012, 02:54:33 PM »

The parade was a benefit for a therapy program that takes animals to nursing homes, the home bound and the like. Anyone could parade with a pooch as long as they ponied up $20.

― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up