Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VULTURES  (Read 8841 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE VULTURES
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »

For the Dear Sister & her husband of DR Ginny,

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »

Thank you, DR Jane - that's very sweet!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

Has anybody heard of a book due out mid-may called Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein?

It's supposed to be sort of a YA/historical book (do those two mix?). I wasn't sure if it sounded like something I'd like. But it's been getting a lot of praise. Today netgalley sent an autoapprove for the ebook. I was still unsure. But then I checked my friends list on goodsread and one of my favorite YA authors absolutely loved it.  And since I think she is amazing I asked for it on netgalley (should be on my kindle now).

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2012, 05:55:42 PM »

Dinner of sauteed cod, zucchini with green garlic, mushrooms with olive salad and cole slaw quite nice. I think I need another nap.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »

Has anybody heard of a book due out mid-may called Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein?

It's supposed to be sort of a YA/historical book (do those two mix?). I wasn't sure if it sounded like something I'd like. But it's been getting a lot of praise. Today netgalley sent an autoapprove for the ebook. I was still unsure. But then I checked my friends list on goodsread and one of my favorite YA authors absolutely loved it.  And since I think she is amazing I asked for it on netgalley (should be on my kindle now).

It looks good.  I don't see an eBook.  I'll watch for your report on it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:06:26 PM by Jane »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »

I just watched last night's episode of GRIMM, which was based on the three billy goats gruff and the troll at the bridge. I think I'll get ready for bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »

My niece is picking us up for church at 8:45 in the morning.  Mom has already crashed for the night and I'm not far behind.

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »

'night

Laura

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2012, 07:36:27 PM »

Congratulations to Ginny's sister for 50 years of Happily Ever After!

John G.

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2012, 08:35:20 PM »

I got a few pages written tonight, but I'm unfocused and fading. Hopefully tomorrow.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »

For the Dear Sister & her husband of DR Ginny,

DITTO!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2012, 10:36:19 PM »

Tonight, I worked concessions for a performance of the Olympia Chamber Orchestra, which featured Opera Pacifica (a local opera company) and selections from "La Traviata" in concert.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2012, 10:37:12 PM »

We didn't get much business...we were told that there were only about 40 tickets pre-sold. :-\

George

« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2012, 10:38:11 PM »

I think that about 100 showed up...a lot of the tickets were comps for family members.

ChasSmith

« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »

Given all the theater activity tonight, I might as well report that I played pit piano in a "Bye Bye Birdie".  It's an amateur production, so I am suitably embarrassed.  I did it for the MOOney.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2012, 01:40:58 AM »

Well, well, well - I'm home very late after a very long STAGE benefit and what do I find?  Our lowest posting day EVER for this board and so I'm going to just say this:

EDIT: I just deleted I wrote, but I think you can probably figure out what it was.  Want this board to continue?  That's the basic and simple question - or everyone can just play on Facebook, which is NOTHING like this board, but if that's what everyone wants, you are all welcome to it.  Four pages and not even four complete pages does not cut the mustard or the mayo or the ketchup and I will not allow this board to trickle down into nothingness.  Truly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up