Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: MELODYLAND II  (Read 15534 times)

Cillaliz

Re: MELODYLAND II
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »

I don't care if people aren't nice.  But when they are intentionally cruel and vicious for no reason, that's uncalled for

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2012, 09:37:41 PM »

I'll stop. I realize that they want people to get upset to up ratings, but most of the people who are upset are saying they won't watch anymore.  I guess I"m to that point.  I really enjoyed the show until tonight.  I'm not saying Dayana shouldn't have been fired. I really don't care about that.  It's the way Lisa treats people that shouldn't be tolerated. So next week I won't watch. I'm done.

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »

DR Jennifer, I also understand that you are just looking at it in terms of the entertainment of a reality show.  I get that and that's cool.  I'm not saying you shouldn't have the opinion you have.  I guess with the recent suicide of a bullied teen here and a lot of intense things that have happened in our community over bullying, I'm just not willing to watch that and say it's ok

Jennifer

« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2012, 09:46:57 PM »

RE: tonight's CELEBRITY APPRENTICE
And for someone who is competing for a charity that is against bullying, why does she come to the defense of a bully?   Don't get it

I know you think that what Lisa did was bullying. To me bullying is when you use your power over someone who is weak. And i don't consider Dayana as being weak at all. SHe was frustrated because she was not respected. But Clay didn't respect her. And he definitely wasn't bullying her. Lisa was insulting. And she went overboard. And i don't agree with the things she said (they were very mean). But i think that is her personality. She is a loud raunchy comedian. And she was pushed to her limit. Even though she is very brash, I actually love her on this show. She is brilliantly creative. ANd she was amazing tonight in the performance. I prefer people who are more involved (vs Theresa who seems nice and works hard yet has very few ideas).

Lisa was totally verbally abusive.  If you ever study domestic abuse, verbal abuse can be just as bad if not worse that physical abuse.  She called her a vile bitch, she said she was brainless and on and on.   That's abuse, that's bullying and that should not be allowed on a tv show that's supposed to be about raising money for charity

Yes you are right she was verbally abusive. But they are encouraged to yell at each other in the boardroom. If it was real life then i would agree that it wouldn't/shouldn't be tolerated. I think the reason I sort of like Lisa is because she could have just shut down and made sure that Dayana lost. But even though she hated her, she still did the task and was amazing.  I also don't think that Dayana felt threatened in any way. Obviously she could not stand Lisa or her temper. To me if Dayana had cried/been upset/been scared ... then i would totally feel differently.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2012, 10:13:12 PM »

I haven't watched a second of CELEBRITY APPRENTICE, but Lisa Lampinelli's whole shtick is being verbally abusive.  She's like a female Don Rickles.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »

Lisa wasn't that good. Both jingles were pretty bad, lol.  I'll be surprised if whoever Good Sam is uses it

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2012, 10:16:13 PM »

I haven't watched a second of CELEBRITY APPRENTICE, but Lisa Lampinelli's whole shtick is being verbally abusive.  She's like a female Don Rickles.

Yeah I get it's her shtick, but this isn't in that context.  It was supposed to be mean and hurtful and was directed at one particular person

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »

I'll stop. I realize that they want people to get upset to up ratings, but most of the people who are upset are saying they won't watch anymore.  I guess I"m to that point.  I really enjoyed the show until tonight.  I'm not saying Dayana shouldn't have been fired. I really don't care about that.  It's the way Lisa treats people that shouldn't be tolerated. So next week I won't watch. I'm done.

I haven't watched in a couple of years...mainly for that reason.  I also don't watch any of the "Real Housewives" shows because the few clips that I've seen, all I've seen happen is them yelling at each other and talking behind each others' backs.  I just don't see how any of that is "entertainment." :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2012, 10:19:30 PM »

I wasn't going to stay up this late.  I guess I'll blame Lisa for that too :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »

Back from what can only be deemed as a wildly successful evening.  A nice crowd, really enthusiastic and everything just landed wonderfully, thanks to Melody being focused and at the top of her game.  It is not easy, as anyone who's attempted to do this, to carry a sixty-five minute show all by yourself, with no breaks, no one to take any of the load, just one song after another and patter and Melody does it as good as anyone I've ever seen.  All the new numbers worked great, and every line and bit of business that was new also worked like gangbusters.  More in the notes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »

Back from what can only be deemed as a wildly successful evening.  A nice crowd, really enthusiastic and everything just landed wonderfully, thanks to Melody being focused and at the top of her game.  It is not easy, as anyone who's attempted to do this, to carry a sixty-five minute show all by yourself, with no breaks, no one to take any of the load, just one song after another and patter and Melody does it as good as anyone I've ever seen.  All the new numbers worked great, and every line and bit of business that was new also worked like gangbusters.  More in the notes.

Great news, BK!  Congrats to Melody and to you!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2012, 11:25:13 PM »

Congrats to BK and Melody!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up