Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NOW PLAYING  (Read 11559 times)

Ben

Re: NOW PLAYING
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »

So Auntie Gladys is giving FJL some pants and figurines. How sweet of her.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2012, 09:36:32 AM »

She's just that way.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »

More from Starlight Musicals Indianapolis:

From 1962: Bye Bye Birdie - Johnny Desmond. Ginger Rogers - Annie Get Your Gun. Marion Marlowe - New Moon. Juanita Hall & Ramon Navarro - Flower Drum Song.

Bye Bye Birdie with Elaine Dunn, Bill Hayes, and Joan Blondell - not sure of the year of this.  But Eddie Applegate later of The Patty Duke Show is playing Hugo and Jesse Pearson is playing Conrad....he also did the movie.  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2012, 09:42:48 AM »

Auntie Gladys always did give the best presents, after all!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2012, 09:43:22 AM »

Happy Birthday, Fred!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2012, 09:44:42 AM »

Speaking of which, my niece Katie is having a baby girl in August. As a good uncle, I am always trying to assist with baby names...oddly enough, no one ever takes to my choices. I have been trying to convince Katie and her hubby Brian that Gladys, Irene, or Agnes would be delightful names for a little girl.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »

All right! It's time to roll out the Landau for a Birthday Drive.

Happy Birthday, Fred (DR FJL)!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2012, 09:56:06 AM »

Did anyone else read the AP article this morning on the 5 idiots who were arrested for attempting to blow up the bridge in Cleveland?  It lists the first three and then states the FBI has determined they were anarchists.  Then the article goes on for a while, and then finally lists the other two and says "it wasn't immediately clear if they were anarchists."  That made me LOL.

My Mom's rehab roommate had the news on last night with the sound off when that story came on.  As they were flashing the suspects' pictures I thought to myself "I don't know the name of this band."
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »

Speaking of which, my niece Katie is having a baby girl in August. As a good uncle, I am always trying to assist with baby names...oddly enough, no one ever takes to my choices. I have been trying to convince Katie and her hubby Brian that Gladys, Irene, or Agnes would be delightful names for a little girl.
I have a friend named Agnes. She goes by her middle name, Gail.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2012, 10:06:25 AM »

I bet that Mickey Rooney would have been a hoot in FORUM.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2012, 10:14:09 AM »

The 11:30 shows were always better, though the comedians tended to be a little bluer at that hour...

-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »

I ran out of tape. Time to head home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »

WOW - DR DtM - 14 shows a week for those folks!  No cover no minimum!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2012, 10:42:25 AM »

Try Allison or Laurie!!

Ben

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2012, 10:45:30 AM »

An announcement from Playbill about Skip's show

Herringbone

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »

Jrand, that's the tour of Birdie cast - it played here in LA with that cast and I have the program.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 11:10:15 AM »

I'm up after a completely weird and slightly irritating morning.  I woke up at six-thirty and could not fall back asleep.  I finally did around an hour later, I guess.  Then the phone woke me up at ten-forty - it was the helper.  Apparently we've been contacted by the "manager" of a singer - she is outraged that he's on our Bacharach CD.  The helper informed us that it has nothing to do with us and she needs to call the CHARITY who asked us to put it out.  I believe all performers sign releases, BTW.  But of all the people in that show to make a stink, he's about the lowest on the totem pole - and isn't that always the way?  And I can tell you, that of all the "known" people on that CD, for my money he's the lowest on the totem pole.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:12:51 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2012, 11:11:28 AM »

However, if we were to ever have to stop selling that CD because of him, well, I'm sure we'd just have to put that information everywhere - I should think that sort of publicity would not be good for an ex-American Idol person, but what do I know.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »

DR FJL,

Jane

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2012, 11:20:58 AM »

So I checked in the nest this morning.  I had to use a mirror to see inside because my stepladder was not tall enough.

Yep there are 2 eggs in there (I think 2). The weird thing is the color. They were a bluish green. So when do the birds come back to visit them?  Also I am curious how long they will take to hatch. :(

If you want the eggs identified you will have to go back up there with your camera ;)

Can you see the nest from an inside window?  It is really fun to watch baby birds in a nest, though worrisome too when they are so close to the house.

I can't help you with the time frame.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2012, 11:21:32 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR FJL!

Yummy & pretty :)

Jane

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »

Sticker shock!

Chances are we will be going to Chicago for Bryan's graduation but we don't really know.  We were about to purchase tickets when Sherlock was diagnosed.  I hate to think what it will cost to buy them at the last minute.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2012, 11:25:19 AM »

Today is Theodore Bikel's birthday.....and the announcer on TCM is calling him Theodore Bickle.

::)

Jane

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »

Question (maybe for the TOD?)

I've found that I can actually use all-frequent-flyer miles to go to L.A. on Memorial Day weekend if - and only if -  I travel on off-times. 

Since I don't drive, I'm told the smartest thing to do is to choose a hotel near the airport and use that as a base.

Does that sound logical?

I suggest writing to DR Jose who seems to be an expert on getting around LA by public transportation.  I wouldn't want to stay at an airport hotel if it wasn't easy to get from the hotel to where I was going.

Good luck!

Jane

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »

I'm sorry, I think these are horrible names. ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2012, 11:33:12 AM »

So I checked in the nest this morning.  I had to use a mirror to see inside because my stepladder was not tall enough.

Yep there are 2 eggs in there (I think 2). The weird thing is the color. They were a bluish green. So when do the birds come back to visit them?  Also I am curious how long they will take to hatch. :(

If you want the eggs identified you will have to go back up there with your camera ;)

Can you see the nest from an inside window?  It is really fun to watch baby birds in a nest, though worrisome too when they are so close to the house.

I can't help you with the time frame.

Can't see in it. But i can see when the mother bird stops by (didn't know i could see this, but i can!). Well i can see the top of the mommy bird. The eggs were so odd. Looked like they were dyed for Easter.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2012, 11:43:04 AM »

I hope this experience turns out to be a fun one for you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2012, 11:45:53 AM »

DR George is the thing RE: GLEE that you are talking about related to Rachel's audition?

Yes...I'd forgotten that it was part of the previews from the week before.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »

I have a friend named Agnes. She goes by her middle name, Gail.

I always liked the name Ethel.  I work with a young woman named Edith (she's in her early 20s) and her brother's name is Earl.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2012, 11:47:06 AM »

An announcement from Playbill about Skip's show

Herringbone

Can't wait for about purchasing information to become available!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up