News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMORIF  (Read 9094 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: HMORIF
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2012, 06:50:07 PM »

How are you, TCB?

I guess I am currently in a holding pattern.
Well vibes that you continue holding on and getting better in the process. Have a good night.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »

Page five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2012, 06:50:29 PM »

Guess I have to go clean up now.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »

I did the math and realized that in a little more than a week I will have been at my current job a full year. And I still haven't been made an employee. None of the contractors have. But I'm still employed, so I'm grateful for that.

More places hire contractors now than ever before.  DS Craig has a part time contracting job which is nice.  They are located in Maryland & he can do the work from here.  He still plans to do work for them when he returns to school.
I understand that, which is why I'm still grateful. But the parent company has so many better benefits that greedy little me wants more. And they have also been exceptionally good about giving me time off when i've needed it for both vacation and the surgery (better than the contract company), and that's a plus.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »

How are you, TCB?

I guess I am currently in a holding pattern.
Well vibes that you continue holding on and getting better in the process. Have a good night.

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »

I did the math and realized that in a little more than a week I will have been at my current job a full year. And I still haven't been made an employee. None of the contractors have. But I'm still employed, so I'm grateful for that.

More places hire contractors now than ever before.  DS Craig has a part time contracting job which is nice.  They are located in Maryland & he can do the work from here.  He still plans to do work for them when he returns to school.
greedy little me wants more.

Of course you are.  Benefits are nice!!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2012, 06:59:03 PM »

I am back from a lovely visit and listen to the recording of EILEEN. After that, we went to the West Bank Cafe, where I had a delicious salmon on a bed of fava beans and asparagus.

I am heading for bed. I am exhausted and I must do laundry tomorrow. Or sleep in. I haven't decided yet.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2012, 07:01:27 PM »

Friday evening greetings!  It's been a long, but fun, day.  Becky and I left here at 7:45 this morning to attend a half-day workshop on paperwork management at Dayton Art Institute.  Shortly after I got home, Rob arrived and Mary Linda joined him here after work.  We all ate pizza for dinner and then watched the live stream of the grad school commencement from Georgia Tech where her brother Addison received his Master of Science in Aeronautical Engineering.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »

I was contacted by the label that released Bonnie and Clyde - they seemed to think I was a "reviewer" and that this here site was influential - the latter, of course, is true and I have a funny and pathetic story that illuminates that for tomorrow's notes - I told her that I write my thoughts on things and that we get millions of hits a year and that if she wanted to send it I'd be happy to listen and write about it - and I told her exactly that I hold nothing back.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »

'night

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »

I was contacted by the label that released Bonnie and Clyde - they seemed to think I was a "reviewer" and that this here site was influential - the latter, of course, is true and I have a funny and pathetic story that illuminates that for tomorrow's notes - I told her that I write my thoughts on things and that we get millions of hits a year and that if she wanted to send it I'd be happy to listen and write about it - and I told her exactly that I hold nothing back.

BK, we would expect nothing less from you. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2012, 08:39:14 PM »

I finessed the patter, so that's done, and I wrote a first draft of what will be the first guest author blog on the Author House site - they asked me because with twelve books in twelve years I am their most published living author (they publish the works of Harold Robbins, but he's, you know, dead and I'm not sure he wrote twelve books - did he?).

Congrats, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »

I think Harold Robbins wrote more novels after he died than he did while he was alive.

I wouldn't doubt it.  V. C. Andrews was another author who did that, too. ;)

George

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I'm watching "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" that I had recorded off TCM-HD.  I had no idea that Dorothy Loudon was in this! 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »

I sat in the Jacuzzi to relax.  I've watched two Wallander movies and last week's Mad Men, which was FINALLY an episode worthy of what used to be a very good show.

John G.

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2012, 09:35:55 PM »

Yep, turning in here*.  Driving out to the Lafayette again tomorrow morning for "Vera Cruz" in Superscope.

*After I finish this huge bowl of Stew Leonard's mint chocolate chip ice cream with Fox's U-bet chocolate syrup drizzled all too generously over it.  Like I needed this.  But cravings are just too fun to give into sometimes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »

Listening to a CD someone sent me from Universal in Germany - Bacharach songs in German - fun!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2012, 11:29:29 PM »

And what a day it has been.  And it's not over.  Off to rehearse with Annie, have her focus some things and she'll be awesome (more awesome than she is!)

Break a leg to the cast of ANNIE
I'll second that.

Great show tonight!!  Thanks for the good thoughts!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2012, 11:37:05 PM »

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up