Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MULTIPLE THINGS  (Read 12006 times)

Jennifer

Re: MULTIPLE THINGS
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »

Now i'm going to watch MY WEEK WITH MARILYN. I'm looking forward to it.

I watched that a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »

So, can anyone see the super Moon?  We can see it out our kitchen window, but only through the trees.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »

This is the first time i've gone when she's played with the older kids. Anyhow the coach separted the girls and the boys. There were 3 girls playing against 3 girls. But the other two girls on my niece's team did not pass to her at all.

So at the water break i went over to them (their moms were there). And i told them my niece was feeling bad and asked as nice as i could if they would mind passing to her so she could feel part of the team.

The moms agreed and sort of chewed them out for not doing this earlier. Not sure why i had to do this (vs the coach). But at least after that they passed on every play. :)

That was very nice of them.  Had it been father's they might have told you it is about winning.

Like your sister I would be unhappy with the changes.  If my kid wasn't happy I would ask for a refund.

The weird part is these girls are quite good. But for some reason they don't score much. They have good control of the ball. And they can steal it from the other team. But they were barely scoring.

The coach has done some exercises in the past where he encouraged passing (you had to pass to all players on your team before you could score). But he should have  talked to the girls. I shouldn't have had to do that.

The thing is it wasn't a real game so i don't think fathers would have said anything different necessarily. I could see if they were really playing. But the thing is my niece would never be on their team. Her summer team is only for kids born in her year (so she will actually kids that are in kindergarten but born in oct/nov/dec).

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »

I am currently obsessed with the Hank Levine Orchestra, to whom I was introduced on this new comp of 1961 instrumental hits.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »

They had a huge hit in 1961 and yet I can't find one LP by them anywhere.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »

I won a gift card (which i didn't receive yet) to Chapters. It's the big bookstore chain in Canada. They sell online like amazon. But also have tons of actual huge bookstores.

Anyhow they sent a big booklet in the mail today for Mother's Day. And they had the prices of some books listed in there. And the prices seemed really high. Then I went online to their website and noticed that the prices of books are much cheaper there. Like a $20 book online was $15.

I never realized that they were charging so much more in the stores. I guess they want to have some incentive for people ordering online. Do they do the same sort of thing at Barnes and Noble?

The prices might be up for Mother's Day.  Watch for sales after, at least on books women are more likely to purchase.  You do have Father's Day as we do?

Did you really ask that question? :)

But why would the prices be down on line and up at the store?  I guess they need to have incentive for people to shop online. But what difference does it really make for them. The stores and online store all all them.

Jennifer

« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »

So, can anyone see the super Moon?  We can see it out our kitchen window, but only through the trees.

I went to check. There are some dark clouds sort of in the way a bit. But it was very bright.

But the full effect is only supposed to happen at 11:54pm. I might check again later.

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2012, 07:19:17 PM »

11:54pm is way too late for someone who has to get up at 5:30am on Sunday!  Guess I'll miss the full effect...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »

Thanks, DR TCB!

I'm glad to see you here this evening!

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »

This is the first time i've gone when she's played with the older kids. Anyhow the coach separted the girls and the boys. There were 3 girls playing against 3 girls. But the other two girls on my niece's team did not pass to her at all.

So at the water break i went over to them (their moms were there). And i told them my niece was feeling bad and asked as nice as i could if they would mind passing to her so she could feel part of the team.

The moms agreed and sort of chewed them out for not doing this earlier. Not sure why i had to do this (vs the coach). But at least after that they passed on every play. :)

That was very nice of them.  Had it been father's they might have told you it is about winning.

Like your sister I would be unhappy with the changes.  If my kid wasn't happy I would ask for a refund.

The weird part is these girls are quite good. But for some reason they don't score much. They have good control of the ball. And they can steal it from the other team. But they were barely scoring.

The coach has done some exercises in the past where he encouraged passing (you had to pass to all players on your team before you could score). But he should have  talked to the girls. I shouldn't have had to do that.

The thing is it wasn't a real game so i don't think fathers would have said anything different necessarily. I could see if they were really playing. But the thing is my niece would never be on their team. Her summer team is only for kids born in her year (so she will actually kids that are in kindergarten but born in oct/nov/dec).

Maybe practicing with the older girls will improve her skills for the summer.

Feel better tomorrow!

Jane

« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2012, 07:26:52 PM »

I won a gift card (which i didn't receive yet) to Chapters. It's the big bookstore chain in Canada. They sell online like amazon. But also have tons of actual huge bookstores.

Anyhow they sent a big booklet in the mail today for Mother's Day. And they had the prices of some books listed in there. And the prices seemed really high. Then I went online to their website and noticed that the prices of books are much cheaper there. Like a $20 book online was $15.

I never realized that they were charging so much more in the stores. I guess they want to have some incentive for people ordering online. Do they do the same sort of thing at Barnes and Noble?

The prices might be up for Mother's Day.  Watch for sales after, at least on books women are more likely to purchase.  You do have Father's Day as we do?

Did you really ask that question? :)

But why would the prices be down on line and up at the store?  I guess they need to have incentive for people to shop online. But what difference does it really make for them. The stores and online store all all them.

I did wonder about that online.  They might figure shopper in store will purchase for convenience so close to Mother's Day.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »

DR elmore vibes your back is better tomorrow!

Jane

« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »

'night

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »

I didn't even notice that I passed a millstone
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »

whihc makes me think of John G's sister -  Vibes that her millstone  is no longer giving her trouble

vixmom

« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »

healing vibes for TCB

vixmom

« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2012, 07:56:54 PM »

back and moving vibes for Elmore

vixmom

« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »

we  had a meal at the local diner with my brother and my folks unfortunately w were able to have as nice a conversation as we would have liked  as shortly after we ordered a large extended family (about 20 people) was seated next to us  and about 12 of those people were kids under the age of 6--- it was like sitting in the middle of a flock of geese- with my my parents hearing problems and my hearing loss conversation became just about impossible

vixmom

« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2012, 08:04:37 PM »

still - the food was good

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2012, 08:20:55 PM »

'night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2012, 08:23:49 PM »

Good evening.  You know it's not going to be a good day when Mike Bettes is on his tornado hunt just to the west of your town, lol.  So far the storms have held off, but they are firing up in Nebraska so they aren't going to get here until after 1:00 AM.  Oh joy

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2012, 08:27:27 PM »

I was involved in a yard sale the past few days.  a number of people took stuff to sell.  Friday I bought a number of things, a nice solid oak drop leaf table for $20!  and a number of other little things.   I took my exercise trampoline over there, (the little kind) and it was gone in 5 minutes! i donated that money to Noah's Hope animal rescue.  I came home last night and loaded up my car with stuff I never use, lots of small appliances, and just stuff.  Lamps without shades etc.   I think all but two or three things were gone by the end of the day.  I'll admit I snuck off early before the clean-up.   It was 92 degrees and all my stuff was gone.  Anyway, they are taking everything left to the new thrift store that was opened to help fund Noah's Hope.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »

I think I made enough money to reimburse me for the things I bought....not sure, though, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »

I'll find out probably tomorrow.  Since I wasn't there for clean up, I'll have to wait to get my money

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »

It was in the 90s here today and only in the 60s just an hour or so north of here.  No wonder Mike Bettes is in the area

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »

Hot here today, too.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »

It was hot, but it felt really good to hang out at the garage sale. I sat in the shade on the porch and sipped on ice cold water.  It kept me cool

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2012, 08:32:52 PM »

Tonight I cleaned the kitchen.  I've been so busy I just did the minimum necessary for too long.  It's so much nicer now.  I lifted up the top of the stove and cleaned under the burners etc.   So much better

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »

Had a good stumble-through although our boys are really struggling with their wordy songs.  Damon has his first one down pat, and knows most of the second, but he had to refer to his lyrics for the third constantly.  I told him to print them out and we'd see how sound check goes.  We may just have to put them on the piano for that number.  Our other fellow was glued to his lyrics on his iPad for all three songs - the funny thing is, if he'd just put that crutch away he'd probably know them fine.  I told him to do whatever he needed to do between now and then because he really needs to know these.  One of them he could conceivably do with a clipboard because we can make that make sense, but the other two - he's on his own, and one of the songwriters will be there so I think he understands the importance of buckling down Winsocki and getting this in his bones.  Newcomers tend to think they can just slide along and they never understand that in the slightly over two weeks they have the material, they cannot waste a minute of that time.  After they've done one show, they never do that again.

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2012, 08:34:08 PM »

BK, so glad to hear things are going well for the show.  Wish I could be there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up