Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: CARBONARA  (Read 11080 times)

Jennifer

Re: CARBONARA
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »

I wish that Celebrity Apprentice was on at 8pm too, so i could alternate.

TAR is 2 hours so you can alternate the last hour.

For some reason even though i started TAR at 8:20pm I did not finish till 10pm. So no alternating for me.

I still have to finish putting my bed together. And then i will start on CELEB APPRENTICE.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »

Page six.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »

Wrote five more pages on my paper tonight. I think I need to stop writing and just get it done.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2012, 07:35:15 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2012, 08:40:10 PM »

Hmmm.....a topic for Sunday.....hmmmmm......

Inspired by DR CILLA LIZ and the dream of DR JMK:

What is the best thing you have purchased at a yard sale.....AND what it the thing you put in a yard sale that you never thought would sell....and by golly....somebody bought it?

Tough one to answer, because I'd have to sift through a decade or more of yard (or "tag" in this part of the world) sale adventures to determine what the top few things were.  One that always comes easily to mind, though, is an early-1960s Fisher tube receiver, all original, in the wood cabinet, working beautifully, for ten dollars.  I drive by that house a couple of times each week, and never fail to think about that.

EDIT:  It's one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-FISHER-500-B-STEREO-TUBE-AMPLIFIER-RECEIVER-ALL-ORIGINAL-TUBES-/190668404282?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2c64b8f63a#ht_1555wt_952

As for part two, I've never put anything in a yard sale.  No, that's not exactly true.  While I'd probably never have one myself, I have contributed things to, say, community sales and the like.  And to thrift shops.  But honestly, I don't remember what I was surprised to see get snatched up.  The greater surprises are the things that didn't get snatched up, and I'm talking some fairly nice books and records and even laserdiscs and such, when contributed to library sales where people go to look for this stuff.  You just never know.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:46:53 PM by ChasSmith »

John G.

« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »

Greatest find at a yard sale? A number of cast albums when I was younger, including "Donnybrook," which I stillw ant on CD. I also remember finding a rolling pin that I still use for pie crusts and the like.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2012, 09:19:26 PM »

I made $39.50 at the yard sale and I think I spent about the same amount. So that was great. Since I never used the stuff I sold and to me it was all junk, I came out way ahead.  Mom said I was crazy to price things as low as I did, but almost everything sold, so I think I priced it just fine

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »

I was fine with TAR tonight and very happy with the ending of Celebrity Apprentice.   I must admit I was going to give up on the show completely, but read some spoilers online and decided to keep watching.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2012, 09:57:33 PM »

I had a great time at Texas Frightmare Weekend in Dallas.

Sold many more books than at any other autograph event I've ever attended.  In fact, I sold out copies of my memoir.

Heading for home tomorrow morning, a 3 hour drive.

Congrats on the event and the sales, Druxy!

~~~Safe Driving Vibes for Tomorrow!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »

Just found Brent Barrett's song from last week's show on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFDLTrYXFPU&feature=youtu.be

He's introduced by Angelica Page (Geraldine's daughter).

I love this song!  He sings it beautifully.  Thanks for posting, KevinH. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2012, 10:22:54 PM »

Well, today's birthday celebration at my sister's house was nice.  I got a couple of gift cards, a new comforter AND a new cable modem for my computer!  It's up and running and running quite well.  I'll eventually hook up the router to see if it works...and stays working.  I've had trouble in the past where I'd hook up the router and everything would work for a while but shortly afterward, my modem would just stop working.  As soon as I'd take off the router, the modem would be fine again.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2012, 10:37:30 PM »

Great party with orchestra pals.   Great food, a fire in the chiminea and great friends.  Tomorrow, back to protein, veggies and fruit.  After one last red-velvet cupcake!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2012, 11:25:45 PM »

Back from a great show - the only downside of which is the boys did end up using lyric sheets with two song exceptions - I won't allow it to happen again.  One of them had done his song perfectly at sound check, no problems at all - then he brought up his lyrics when he did it in the show - and, of course, it becomes a total crutch and they worry more about finding their place and "think" they're forgetting things when if they didn't have the crutch, they would remember.  He got a ton of laughs on the song, and every one of those laughs were in places where he was off the page.  He blew a few laughs thanks to looking down, trying to figure out where he was, and just taking the audience right out of the song.

George

« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »

BK, Congrats on the successful show!...other than the using of the lyric sheets.

George

« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2012, 12:10:10 AM »

Darn...the new cable modem has been working very well, BUT the moment that I hooked up the router, the modem stopped working. :P Something is going on and I want to find out what it is.  Larry, my sister's boyfriend who got me the modem for my birthday, will have to come over and look at everything.  Hopefully, he can make it all work the way that it's supposed to.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:20:06 AM by George »

George

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2012, 12:18:27 AM »

At work on Thursday, it was suggested to me that I be at some meeting on Monday, but I wasn't told what it was about or what time it was actually happening.  Since I usually get to work by 10:30, I hope that the meeting is after that.  If not...oh well and too bad.  I'm pretty sure that it was only a suggestion that I be there, so I really don't have to worry about it if I don't make it in time.  But just in case, I'm going to go to bed now and try to get to work a little earlier than usual. 

George

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2012, 12:19:40 AM »

So on that note (C-natural), I'm off to bed.

Good night, all. 8)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up