Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CITIZEN NOVOCAIN  (Read 9259 times)

DR Iris

Re: CITIZEN NOVOCAIN
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »

Re: Maurice Sendak
My daughter loved "Where The Wild Things Are" when she was a young lass.

DR Iris

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »

Of course, she still may be reading it, for all I know.
:)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

For any of our LA hainsies/kimlets:

Just a head's up - this Saturday the LACC Theatre Academy is doing a special staged reading of Come Back, Little Sheba by William Inge - it's a benefit for the scholarship fund and if it's at all possible for you to support this, it is VERY worthwhile. The benefit stars Faith Prince and Tony Plana, and it doesn't get much better than that! The LACC Theatre Academy (I'm an alum) is amazing, but like most community colleges, their funding has been cut over and over again, so these are challenging times. Reservations: 323 953-4000 ext. 2990. VIP seating is only fifty dollars, regular seating (theater only holds 300) is twenty-five and students are even less. Go. Support.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »

How's this for another caption for Cillaliz's picture:

Professor Harold Hill: (Looks around desperately, finds no place to hide. Fervently) Think, men, think!

:D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:10:35 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »

I wish I could see SHEBA....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2012, 03:59:46 PM »

My step-sister, Mary, had a black cat named Sheba back around '80/81. Don't know where she got the name from and she actually never had anything to do with the cat, that I ever noticed... And I am quite certain she had no knowledge of COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA. She wasn't terribly bright...but, none of my step-siblings were.

It was a nice cat but it was never allowed to come indoors, and it had kittens constantly.* I could never convince my father and stepmother to get the poor thing fixed or to let it inside.

*Yes, this was all during my 3 years of living in "white trash" conditions as a teenager in White City, Oregon... still, it was considerably better then the alternative of living with my mother and stepfather.

*Now that I think of it, my stepmother's kids all seemed to reproduce on a regular basis, as well.

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »

PS: I have not seen any of these stepsiblings since I moved out on my own in 1983, except once at my father's funeral in 2001.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »

My step-sister, Mary, had a black cat named Sheba back around '80/81. Don't know where she got the name from and she actually never had anything to do with the cat, that I ever noticed... And I am quite certain she had no knowledge of COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA. She wasn't terribly bright...but, none of my step-siblings were.

It was a nice cat but it was never allowed to come indoors, and it had kittens constantly.* I could never convince my father and stepmother to get the poor thing fixed or to let it inside.

*Yes, this was all during my 3 years of living in "white trash" conditions as a teenager in White City, Oregon... still, it was considerably better then the alternative of living with my mother and stepfather.

*Now that I think of it, my stepmother's kids all seemed to reproduce on a regular basis, as well.
Were the step-sibs allowed in the house or did they have to drop their litters on the sidewalks as well?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »

I had a long talk with the Man from Philadelphia. I think we may bite the bullet and add the oaf to the online acknowledgements for the reecording. I think it's the only way to establish peace, much as I'd rather kick his ass and say to him, you contributed nothing to this recording!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2012, 04:50:48 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »

Were the step-sibs allowed in the house or did they have to drop their litters on the sidewalks as well?

Unfortunately, they always found a way into the house.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »

BK, I assume you know Echo Bridge has announced THE FACULTY on Blu-ray.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »

From DR Ginny:
Well, when the orthodontia you've suffered through in high school doesn't hold and your teeth are as crooked as they were before...

:(
Did they go crooked again when you were pregnant?

Jane

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »

HEALTH VIBES FOR DR MIKE AKA DR MICHAEL S!!!!!!!

I'm very sorry to read you have been in the hospital.

John G.

« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »

I had a long talk with the Man from Philadelphia. I think we may bite the bullet and add the oaf to the online acknowledgements for the reecording. I think it's the only way to establish peace, much as I'd rather kick his ass and say to him, you contributed nothing to this recording!
You may want to speak with an attorney first. If there's any acknowledgment, even if it's not warranted, hemight uses it as a toe in the door to cause more trouble.

But I could be wrong.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »

Just ordered Mom's Mother's Day present. Hope it arrives in time.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »

From DR JMK:
"How the HELL do I get this stuff off of my hands?"

;D

John G.

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2012, 05:25:53 PM »

How do we get to page five from here?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »

Jane: I had an almost-vegan, almost-vegetarian dinner tonight. Grilled portobello mushrooms, grilled pattypan squash and grilled celery. (There was leftover anchovy butter in the fridge and it went on the celery.)
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »

You may want to speak with an attorney first. If there's any acknowledgment, even if it's not warranted, hemight uses it as a toe in the door to cause more trouble.

But I could be wrong.

The Man from Philadelphia is a lawyer! We discussed this issue.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »

In better news, both the furnace and water heater have been passed by the HVAC people.  Repairs will be made by Friday, and then all I'll have to do is the chimney sweeping and carpet cleaning before new owners should hopefully be satisfied.

Good news and continued good vibes the sale goes through ok.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2012, 05:39:31 PM »

Hopefully not MBarnum. I am too young to die.

It better not be you!!!!!

John G.

« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2012, 05:41:49 PM »

I see "How to Succeed" is closing. Did they recoup?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2012, 05:42:34 PM »

In better news, both the furnace and water heater have been passed by the HVAC people.  Repairs will be made by Friday, and then all I'll have to do is the chimney sweeping and carpet cleaning before new owners should hopefully be satisfied.

Good news and continued good vibes the sale goes through ok.
Are you getting Bert to do the chimney sweeping? I heard good luck will rub off when he shakes hands with you.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2012, 05:44:30 PM »

I see "How to Succeed" is closing. Did they recoup?
Variety story says they did.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »

DR JMK I had to stop subscribing to a couple of magazines because of the scented sample cards that were always included.  I tried to go to their websites and get the sample free edition.....but my request was never acknowledged.

I had to cancel superscription because of the perfume samples.  I think a lot of people canceled because after awhile most of the women's magazines had a scent free option. 

Years ago department stores realized customers didn't want to be sprayed with perfume or cologne without permission. 

Jane

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »

DR JMK I had to stop subscribing to a couple of magazines because of the scented sample cards that were always included.  I tried to go to their websites and get the sample free edition.....but my request was never acknowledged.

Yes, been there, done that.  Somehow we started getting both GQ and Vanity Fair, despite never having subscribed to either, and they both stank so bad I just started throwing them right into the garbage.

I would call and yell because I had a bad headache by the time I got the magazine from the mailbox to the trash.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »

And here's Angelica Huston's grandfather Walter in the musical where he sang "September spng."

Jane

« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2012, 05:47:02 PM »

Technology drives me crazy.

Using the electric popcorn popper again?

Thanks for reminding me there is popcorn in our popcorn machine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up