Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: JERKY CAM  (Read 9753 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: JERKY CAM
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2012, 04:25:02 PM »

The accordion player:

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »

Wow. We just had a windy storm pop up. Feels like July out there.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »

I'm tiiiired.  Had a wonderful and very long overseas telephonic conversation with composer Paul Glass, who lives in Switzerland.  A delightful man, and thrilled we're doing Lady in a Cage.  Then I spent two long hours writing liner notes, but they're done now.

:)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »

I think I understand things now, Elmore.   I thought he had read your notes and found that you'd used information he'd provided you.

Sorry.

He certainly deserves no credit for doing/providing nothing.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »

I think I understand things now, Elmore.   I thought he had read your notes and found that you'd used information he'd provided you.

Sorry.

Apology most certainly accepted! I think if this oaf hadn't been stressing me out for the past three days I'd be a lot calmer today. He's now looked up the info on the foundation of the Man from Philadelphia and bothering his board of directors. We all want him dead.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »

A very nice unexpected storm. Still cloudy and windy. Felt like a summer monsoon storm, except it is not nearly as hot.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2012, 05:43:49 PM »

I think I understand things now, Elmore.   I thought he had read your notes and found that you'd used information he'd provided you.

Sorry.

I was also a bit confused about this as well. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2012, 05:47:20 PM »

Valerian, the wonderful bass on the recording, sent me an email last night asking if I could send him a scan of "Belle O'Brien" for a recital he's doing this weekend. So I schlepped it down to Toyland and sent it to him today. So he sent a note back thanking me and asked "Do you have 'Friars'"?  I sent him a snippy note back asking, why didn't you ask for that as well? When I got home, his email response was waiting for me: "I did." So I cecked and sure enough, he did. It was my error. This creep has got totally on the defensive and I hate it. I felt so awful abut blowing up that I had to apologize at once to him for missing it. So, tomorrow I iwill go back to Toyland and scan "The Friars" for Valerian.

On the positive side, a friend and I who had a falling out seem to be back on track today, I made a contact at NPR about getting the New World series of recordings onto NPR, and things look good on the new office front.

So, I should apologize to you, DR Ron Pulliam, for acting so stressed out.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:48:54 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2012, 05:48:34 PM »

So, I'm gping to watch a bit of GHOST HUNTERS and go to bed early. I need some sleep!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

KevinH

« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2012, 05:57:55 PM »

In other news:
Barbra's going back to Brooklyn:

http://www.barclayscenter.com/

Jane

« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »

On the positive side, a friend and I who had a falling out seem to be back on track today,

:)

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »

I've bought a Kindle! I'd been thinking for some time about whether to get one but wasn't really sure because I like the look and feel of a book but I thought it will at least be useful when travelling.
I was thinking of getting a Nook next week. Please post how you like it.

I love my nook. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2012, 06:14:16 PM »

The Washington Center for the Performing Arts here in Olympia just announced (on Facebook) that their CenterFest Celebration performer this year will be THE MANHATTAN TRANSFER!! ;D ;D ;D

I WILL BE THERE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »

Sooooo, what was he convicted of, JMK?

Jane

« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2012, 06:15:28 PM »

DR John G, if possible I suggest checking them both out and see which you prefer.  I have the Nook color because I do most of my reading at night.  It doesn't work as well in the bright sunlight.  It didn't work at all until I learned which background works best.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »

DR JMK I think you jinxed me.  For the first time in years I received a "scratch & sniff" in a magazine today.  As far as I'm concerned it didn't need scratching to smell it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »

It feels like July here too.  I've been wondering if August will feel like October and if it will snow in September

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »

I've had a crazy week with all the preservation stuff for Historic Preservation Week.  This morning there was Business for Breakfast at 7:30 AM with Donovan Rypkema as a speaker, then a round table discussion with him, then a sentencing (had to do a little work)  then I picked Donovan up at his hotel, took him to lunch and dropped him off at the airport.  About an hour later I was so exhausted I had to come home early from work.  I fell asleep and slept like a rock for 2 hours. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »

Back from eating way too much food - thank goodness I jogged.  We went to Dr. Hoggly Woggley's Tyler Texas B-B-Q - amazing food - haven't been in at least eight years.  I used to live just a few blocks from there in the very early 1970s.  I should have stuck to my original instinct and just had a brisket sandwich.  But, nooooo, I couldn't do that, so I had a brisket plate and three ribs.  Oy and vey - so very full of food right now I feel like I'm going to explode - but it was GREAT.  A side of coleslaw and another of baked beans, and a little bread.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »

I shall now finish the first of the Branagh Wallander films.

ChasSmith

« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »

Good evening from a very nice Best Western, where I sip bourbon on the rocks following an 11-1/2 hour drive.  Wish I had me some cow jerky. 

On second thought, hold the cow jerky and pass me another of those mini-bottles.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2012, 07:32:11 PM »

Sooooo, what was he convicted of, JMK?

OMG, the rap sheet went on forever.  I was stunned.  I have another very strong memory of him as a kid (aside from his accordion fiasco LOL) where he told me he was going out with his father to don rocket packs and fly over the Wasatch Mountains.  That should have been my first clue.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »

I shall now finish the first of the Branagh Wallander films.

The Flying Wallanders

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »

DR John G, if possible I suggest checking them both out and see which you prefer.  I have the Nook color because I do most of my reading at night.  It doesn't work as well in the bright sunlight.  It didn't work at all until I learned which background works best.
I have done a great deal of reading about the two of them, and the two features I seem to like best about the nook are the lighting and the battery life. For the trip to Europe, the longer battery life will come in handy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2012, 08:37:05 PM »

It feels like July here too.  I've been wondering if August will feel like October and if it will snow in September
And it feels like March here. Temps were in the 60s last night. We've had rain most every day of the week. Last year, it had already topped 100 several times by May.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »

Nice barbecue dinner tonight. Well, the ribs were not great, but sitting out on a breezy evening with some country music, a beer and good brisket made for a nice evening, especially since we finished before the rains came in.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2012, 09:08:58 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »

I know its Thursday on the east coast and this is the first time I had a chance to come here.

So here are my two questions for Wednesday ASK BK

Have you thought of doing a Haines His Way App for IPhone and/or Android?

In your book you mentioned that Unsung Irving Berlin was not as successful as one hoped. I am wondering why a "Highlight" version was released?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »

I hope everyone is good and vibes to people who need them
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up