Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POWER  (Read 8310 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE POWER
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »

Page three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »

Hi, TCB.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2012, 01:00:20 PM »

T.O.D.

I am not really a Randy Newman fan.  I don't dislike his music, I just can't think of any of his songs that standiut in my mind.

Short People
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2012, 01:49:28 PM »

I thought Joe Schmoe was miscast in SEVEN TALL WOMEN.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2012, 02:02:40 PM »

If you love MGM musicals and, especially, the Conrad Salinger sound that goes hand-in-hand with them, I invite you to check this out.  It's from the 2011 BBC Proms (late last August).

This Heart of Mine

John Wilson and his orchestra!

Matthew Ford is the vocalist.  The number lasts about 9 minutes.  Ford sings the opening 3 minutes and the rest of pure MAGIC.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »

Very excited about the new release of ROSEMARY'S BABY, although I have 2 other CDs of the score already.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2012, 02:26:09 PM »

BK, not sure if you're aware, but THE BARBARIAN AND THE GEISHA is out on Blu-ray.  It's a Wal-mart exclusive for the time being.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2012, 03:19:02 PM »

A Wal-Mart Exclusive.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2012, 03:22:20 PM »

If you love MGM musicals and, especially, the Conrad Salinger sound that goes hand-in-hand with them, I invite you to check this out.  It's from the 2011 BBC Proms (late last August).

This Heart of Mine

John Wilson and his orchestra!

Matthew Ford is the vocalist.  The number lasts about 9 minutes.  Ford sings the opening 3 minutes and the rest of pure MAGIC.

John Wilson is a friend of mine! I mentioned having coffee with hm about a month ago. If you have a nonregional DVD payer, his Rodgers & Hammerstein and Hollywood Proms concerts are really fine.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2012, 03:26:29 PM »

So, I finished my proposed schedule for August 14-16, andI hope it gets okayed. A second attempt will kill me. Then on Friday August 17 we have a day of orchestra, on the 18th the cast, chorus and orchestra run through the show, hopefully twice, and on the 19th we begin the recording. I'm getting excited.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:34:22 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »

From DR John G:
I have done a great deal of reading about the two of them, and the two features I seem to like best about the nook are the lighting and the battery life. For the trip to Europe, the longer battery life will come in handy.

Is that the Nook or the Nook Color?

Whatever you decide on make sure you turn off the internet access to keep the charge longer.

On our last trip I carried a couple of paperbacks to be safe and never needed them, but then we had night flights so I didn't read as long as usual.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2012, 03:48:44 PM »

Jane

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »

BK,

I remember the time when I was living in my Calabasas condo that the water went off while I was in the shower.

>:(

Some schmuck doing work on the building had neglected to check to see if anybody was home.

>:( >:( >:(

I would not have been happy.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »

Here's a new book (screenplay) trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD4mAF6ZVmU&list=UUQ6z6vyjJFsiqL33qbiSJSQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Yes, it is autobiographical.

At one point, Kirk Douglas was attached to this project, but we couldn't get the financing.  The studios and the networks felt it was "too soft".

I like this trailer.  Most book trailers I have looked at are a bit fast for my eyes, this was easy on them & I like the old photos.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2012, 03:55:08 PM »

The Ebay seller sent me a note that read:  "I am sorry.  I sent your camera to the wrong person, and I don't know how long it will take.   So I am giving you a refund."

To me, that means...."I think I can get more $$ for the damned thing, sucker!"  So now I have to start looking all over again.

Sorry & how very annoying.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2012, 03:55:51 PM »

I'm so senile.  Went to Jerry's for the meeting with Juliana at eleven - at eleven-ten I realized we'd moved it to tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »

Naturally the package that's arriving today is via UPS, so naturally it hasn't arrived yet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »

TCB - I keep no lights on when I shower - it's an old habit.  Also, I think it was confined to the kitchen area.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »

Thursday morning greetings!  We had a delightful early Mother's Day dinner last night with my Mom and Rob & Mary Linda at Montgomery Inn.  The ribs, as usual, were delicious.  I gave my Mom some 8x10 (so she can see them) prints of some photos from our recent trip to Michigan and Rob & ML gave me a UC thermal coffee mug to replace the one Rob lost at work.  He'd given me the original for my birthday his freshman year (2004).

I think it is much better to have an early Mother's Day lunch, restaurants are too crowded on the actual day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »

I got a Paul Glass classical CD in the mail today - it's the only classical CD of his music in existence (I may do something about that if terms can be met) - but this is one of the most ineptly packaged CDs EVER - forget the ugliness of it, but let's just tell you what happens when you put the CD in your computer.  It opens in iTunes and there we see the track information.  The first four tracks, instead of being the four tracks of his symphony, are labeled with the pieces subsequent to those four tracks.  Therefore they run out of track names and call everything else "bonus track" - I fixed all that.  Then they attribute this wonderful Paul Glass CD to Philip Glass.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2012, 04:02:54 PM »

I have watched the first season of Downton Abbey and liked it very much.

I have recorded the second season. I am anxious to watch it. Although i have quite a few tv programs from the week to catch up on. And a lot reading!

I'm glad you will be continuing with the series.

Three eBooks became available from my library at once.  I will have to read at least 1 book a week to be done before they are taken away from me.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »

For some reason i never feel like reading when i'm under the weather.

Too bad.  I find focusing on suspense novel easier when I don't feel well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2012, 04:14:30 PM »

Package has been delivered - so now I have to make the second trip to the mail place - outrageous.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »

This Heart of Mine

:)

John G.

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »

Thursday morning greetings!  We had a delightful early Mother's Day dinner last night with my Mom and Rob & Mary Linda at Montgomery Inn.  The ribs, as usual, were delicious.  I gave my Mom some 8x10 (so she can see them) prints of some photos from our recent trip to Michigan and Rob & ML gave me a UC thermal coffee mug to replace the one Rob lost at work.  He'd given me the original for my birthday his freshman year (2004).

I think it is much better to have an early Mother's Day lunch, restaurants are too crowded on the actual day.
How right you are. The  worst day of the year to eat out is Mother's Day. Valentine's Day is next.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2012, 04:21:15 PM »

An interesting comment in Charles McNulty's review of "Follies":

Although its 1971 premiere is more distant to us now than the Weismann Follies is to Sally and Phyllis, the show, which combines extraordinary Broadway showmanship with the consciousness of Proust, is still light years ahead of us.

― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2012, 04:51:02 PM »

I would seriously doubt that Mr. McNulty, for all his posturing, was out of knee pants when the original Follies premiered.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »

Has the review appeared or is this a puff-piece?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2012, 04:51:47 PM »

And I would seriously say that we'd best get a frenzy or three going on because page three does not cut the mustard or the ketchup or even the mayo.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »

Has the review appeared or is this a puff-piece?

Once again the idiot director gets praised for directing a show when the word is out he did nothing:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-follies-review-20120511,0,6304167.story
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up